Maxime Talbot wins second consecutive Guy Lafleur award as Gatineau wins the QMJHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
If they don't somebody is going to be sincerely hurt.

The odds are beyond slim though. An eight round pick who's stock has risen this much in only two short years should be the top priority.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
He should be signed by June 1.

He's represented by Jim Nice & Pat Brisson, both of which have a very good relationship (personal and business) with Craig Patrick and the Penguins. Brisson and Patrick apparently go way back. I'm confident they'll get things done.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
If they don't sign him, I think HBW and I will start a riot downtown. We might even fly clefty in from Australia.

And I'm sure the other Pens fans would help us in our riot.

It would especially irk me if the Penguins try to be too cheap, but then give Mario another 10 million dollar contract. Suffice to say, I'd be pretty ticked if that happens.

But I don't think it will. And I don't think Talbot is the type of greedy, headcase player who is going to want a bunch of money. He just wants to play some hockey. We've got a steal here, a true genuine hockey player with skills, but above all else heart. He has fan favorite written all over him. :handclap:

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
I hate to brag, but the day after the 2002 draft I said that Talbot and Bartschi would be steals. Neither has proven me completely right as of yet, but the outlook is good.

If they don't sign Talbot (which i find unlikely), I will definitely be in the riot. Though it probably won't even be a riot, just 10 people pointlessly hitting the Mellon Arena with blunt objects.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Pens4ever said:
Though it probably won't even be a riot, just 10 people pointlessly hitting the Mellon Arena with blunt objects.

That should be about all it takes to make it collapse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->