Maxim Mayorov

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Ranked #8

This kid seems like the biggest unknown in this years draft. I've seen reports on just about every other player in top 15-20. Mayorov kind of snuck in out of no where. And it's hard to figure out what this guy is all about. He's not even listed in hockeydb.com! (unless he spells his name differently :dunno:)

Can anyone shed some light on this mystery prospect? I've seen comparisons to Hossa and even Ovechkin (poor man's). What is his upside and NHL potential? Where has he been playing? What are his weaknesses?

Louis Houde

Jan 28, 2006
Trois-rivières
Skilled player.Nice size. Elite stickhandling, very accurate shot, while not so hard, very good skating ability, sees the ice very well.Never played in elite russia league. Tends to be lazy,when he isn't scoring goals, he is a very replaceable part.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Skilled player.Nice size. Elite stickhandling, very accurate shot, while not so hard, very good skating ability, sees the ice very well.Never played in elite russia league. Tends to be lazy,when he isn't scoring goals, he is a very replaceable part.

Thanks! This analysis makes him sound like a bigger version of Sergei Samsonov. Care to comment on that?

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
Maxim Mayorov have ''bust'' written all over his face !!

This guys will be just like Chistov, Antropov, Zherdev, Vorobiev, Kaigorodov, etc.

Typical Russian Skilled player but no heart and lazy !!

I'd pass on him !!

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Mayorov is a much lesser Ovechkin. The difference? Motivation. It's not that Mayorov has a bad attitude, it's that he doesn't seem to want to play bettter than good.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Soldat Samsonov- I'm wondering where you've seen Mayorov play. It seems that every Russian player with skill gets the "lazy" tag these days at some point but I've seen Mayorov play 8 times this year and in pretty much every game he struck me as probably the hardest working Russian.

He's pretty hyper out there- keeps his motor running at full speed in both directions- even sometimes to his detriment as he can end up chasing the puck too much. But "lazy" is one word I would never use to describe Mayorov. The game springs to life when he steps on the ice.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
no heart and lazy !!
Tends to be lazy, is a very replaceable part.
has a bad attitude.

I also don't quite understand the basis for the lazy/no heart of the above descriptions of Mayorov. Could you guys please ellaborate where from you infer these personality traits? I would really like to track down and watch the games in which he displays lazyness, no heart, and a bad attitude... as such is fairly unchracteristic of my personal perceptions of Maxim. I do, however, agree that he has a rather high bust potential and tends to be somewhat overrated in North America.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Why do you say it like that? Do you think he's faking it, or perhaps hiding something serious?

I am not trying to convery any underlying thoughts whatsoever: I know nothing about Mayorov's injury and am simply curious as to what it entails. I say mysterious simply because I personally don't recalll him getting injured in the test match against Switzerland. As I haven't seen any reports concerning Mayorov getting injured apart from ISS's kind update, I am stuck with the knowledge that it is an "upper body injury" - and that doesn't exactly reveal much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad