Maxim Kitsyn

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I see he is still wasting away in Russia. Please tell me this is his last year there ?

Hope the Kings get this guy back to North America. Although the damage might already be done.

What shame, hope that doesn't happen to Prokhorkin.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
The last time I talked with Kitsyn he was excited about almost being done with his contract and he planned on coming back to NA. That was last season though and who knows if things are the same today.

I can say that I saw him play one full game this season and he looks great with the linited action that he was getting. He is a kid who is suited to the NA game and thrives on pressure so if he can get back to NA I think he cqn get bqck on tracm and become a solid lw for us.

Kings4thecup

Aug 16, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Kinda the Detroit model with Euros though, right? Let them play in Europe for 5-6 years, them slot them in when they're fully developed and experienced. I don't know all those rules, but if they have a contract with us and a team in Europe, and stay over there, are the years coming off our contract?

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
such a shame to bury a kid like that. almost seems vindictive in how he has been pushed down. from reports i read i know his ice time was reduced, but wasn't he also dropped down to like the 3rd-4th line and to a lower tier team?

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Kinda the Detroit model with Euros though, right? Let them play in Europe for 5-6 years, them slot them in when they're fully developed and experienced. I don't know all those rules, but if they have a contract with us and a team in Europe, and stay over there, are the years coming off our contract?

Problem is Kitsyn's game is very much the NA style of play. Strong along the boards, cycling the puck, and crashes the net net very well. He isn't really much of a finesse guy. Tailor made to succeed and excel in NA hockey be it AHL or NHL. He struggles in the more finesse driven pass the puck until you find an opening European style. he gets demoted because of this and then his development is slowed or stunted...

Plus I think the UFA rules stayed largely the same in the new CBA so yes, the Kings are in fact losing years off his ELC and years before he becomes a UFA by him staying over there.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
Problem is Kitsyn's game is very much the NA style of play. Strong along the boards, cycling the puck, and crashes the net net very well. He isn't really much of a finesse guy. Tailor made to succeed and excel in NA hockey be it AHL or NHL. He struggles in the more finesse driven pass the puck until you find an opening European style. he gets demoted because of this and then his development is slowed or stunted...

Plus I think the UFA rules stayed largely the same in the new CBA so yes, the Kings are in fact losing years off his ELC and years before he becomes a UFA by him staying over there.

That's so bogus. Why should the Kings be punished while Russia is in theory making money off of him?

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
That's so bogus. Why should the Kings be punished while Russia is in theory making money off of him?

That's the way the rules are sadly. Same thing holds true for NCAA prospects... It's all based on age of the player when they sign their first contract. That is why a guy like Elkins was only able to sign a two-year deal with the Kings before becoming a UFA. Same holds true for Kitsyn, if he signs when he's say 23 or 24 he'd be able to sign I think either a 3 or 2 year deal and be a UFA at the end of it. It was rewritten in that way in 2004 to avoid teams doing exactly what was brought up in this thread. Draft a guy from a European league and let him play for 5-6 years there and then sign him after the development is done. Also I'm not an expert of how it works and can't explain the system in detail, so I apoligize if some of the specifics may be incorrect.

Lead Role in a Cage

Mar 27, 2008
Prokhorkin seems to be doing ok in the KHL. A goal and an assist in 5 games, playing around 14 minutes the last game.

Hope his development turns out to be a positive one.

Rod Buskas*

out of all the forward prospects we have, after TT, this guy is the one I'm most excited about. He would be a perfect fit. A young, mobile big body that goes to the dirty areas.

In 2 years, I could see Kitsyn, Pearson & Toffoli replacing Gagne, Penner and Williams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad