Prospect Info: Max Reinhart

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Yeah same. Not even worried about the return. I just want to see him moved with one of his bros if we move him

Engelland + Reinhart + Agostino for Josh Gorges? I think that's a pretty fair trade and it gives both those guys the chance they probably won't ever get here to realize their NHL potential, which they do have.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I hope Max is just having a down year, but I don't see him with a future here. I think he could be a 3rd/4th line C/LW on another team though, I think he is NHL ready. But he's slowly falling down our charts.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I really want Max to make it here with the Flames, I think it's probably due partly to his ties, but I really like how he plays the game as well. He's a guy that rarely will hurt you, he's just so smart and more times than not he'll make the simple, but right play. Unfortunately I've only been to watch like one Adirondack game this year so I can't really says what's up with his game. But if he doesn't make the team next year, hopefully the Flames can squeeze him back down to Stockton somehow. I agree his future is in limbo, but I don't think he has much trade value at this point.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Maxxxy is finally beginning to play well in the AHL again. There may be hope for him yet. I guess a spot on the roster isnt completely out of the question next season.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Maxxxy is finally beginning to play well in the AHL again. There may be hope for him yet. I guess a spot on the roster isnt completely out of the question next season.
He was never playing poorly, the puck just wasn't going in.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
That's what I thought... Personally, I think Granlund's game is better as a wing and Reinhart as the center.

Currently our forward group in the minors is completely depleted. They're running Granny/Reino as their 1-2; because there's not a ton else that they can do :laugh:

Sieloff was playing wing :laugh: it's tough when you lose 1/2 of your top 6 forwards in the span of 2 weeks, plus your fill ins;
Sven traded, Poirier in the NHL, Shore in the NHL, Ferland in the NHL... Missing your starting goalie; this has been a tough stretch for Addy.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I think he's ready to make the jump. His offensive game may not be flashy, but he's very strong defensively. Unfortunately, Calgary has a ton of guys who could potentially make the roster. I'd prefer Reinhart over Raymond, especially if Bennett is coming.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Any opinions on if he will ever even be a 4th liner at the NHL level?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

AHL journeyman.
Sporadic callups. At one point of time this guy was considered a top 2-3 prospect in our system.

Long gone are those days.

Major Happy*

May 2, 2016

I hope he can become a full time NHLer at some point.

He had a great sophomore season in the AHL, 63 points in 66 games, but hasn't been able to replicate those point totals the past two years. Granted, he did score a career high in AHL goals this past year with 23, but only had 38 points.

Nashville has some similar aged forwards that will likely be competing with Reinhart for a spot or two at training camp next year, Fiala, Gortz, Gaudreau, Aberg, Kamenev, etc. Hopefully he can make the most of it.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I doubt anyone here has seen him since he was traded. But considering he has only played 4 NHL games in the last 2 seasons and none this year, I think his NHL hopes are getting pretty slim. That said if there is expansion, especially of 2 teams it will greatly improve his chances to get a decent number of games in and try to establish himself.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
He for sure could still be a 4th liner guy. Probably will be waiver material a couple times.
1 guy I was very wrong on. I thought he had a lot of promise after putting up ppg in his 2nd pro season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad