Prospect Info: Max Reinhart

berto14

Oct 1, 2009
Per Joey Kenward's Twitter (and later re-tweeted by McKenzie):

"Kootenay Ice F Max Reinhart has just scored his 5th goal tonite, with back-to-back SHG's vs Medicine Hat Tigers. Reinhart becomes just the 4th player in #WHL history to score five goals in one single playoff game. Ice currenlty lead Tigers 7-2. Ice on to sweep series."

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
You gotta love when you hear a player cranks it up a notch in big games like that. That shows he is a clutch player when the game is on the line and can deliver under pressure.

It looks like D. Sutter and his staff actually found a gem in Reinhart, good on them for having the fore sight to see the potential this kid has. Sutter's drafting record was not great, but in recent years he picked up Backlund, Erixon, Brodie, Howse and Reinhart. And all of them look like they may end up being NHL regulars. I am still keeping my fingers crossed that Wahl bounces back next year. I hope he doesn't continue to regress and that he can return to form next season and puts his injuries woes behind him.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
"The Calgary Flames will be developing Reinhart as a potential star for their club and definitely signing him to an entry level contract next season. "
This is from the hf article about chl prospects for the flames. Seems to me that reihart could be a really solid third round pick.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
wow...the Flames actually have some prospects with offensive talent...

still...i reserve my judgement until i see it in the NHL...god know, we have been disappointed before

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Does anyone have any insight as to why Max Reinhart's production has fallen off so much in Adirondack this season? Preferably someone who has been watching the team. Has he been playing that badly?

Last season he managed 63 points in 66 games.

This season he has 14 points in 42 games.

The only thing I can think of is the loss of playing with Ben Street and Granlund.

At this years pace it seems he wont ever earn himself a spot on the Flames.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Does anyone have any insight as to why Max Reinhart's production has fallen off so much in Adirondack this season? Preferably someone who has been watching the team. Has he been playing that badly?

The only thing I can think of is the loss of playing with Ben Street and Granlund.

At this years pace it seems he wont ever earn himself a spot on the Flames.

A mix of him having a really good year last season, then a down year this season. He's better than a 15-20 point guy in the AHL. His defensive game is good enough for him to be in the NHL right now, he just needs to work on his offense a bit. I still think he'll be a good 3rd liner.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I was expecting a monster year out of Max, I think he himself had real expectations to be a full time NHL player this year. I don't want to say he's taken a step back this year, but his lack of production is quite surprising. He's an extremely smart player though, I don't know why he's had such a down year, but it happens. I still think he's an NHL player in the near future, whether that's here or not, I am unsure.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013

Probably because he plays Center again and the fact that he's not really a good Center. I want him on the wing if he can be a PPG.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I will say, Calgary did hurt this kids stride having him in the NHL for a cup of tea, and having him play *very* limited minutes. Not giving him an excuse, because he's had a big time down season; but this is definitely one of the reasons he didn't come out of the gate red hot.

Also, he has been used at center and on the wing; Wing especially when Knight was still around; along with Hano on his other wing... who is also having a Dud of a season.

Currently he's running with Kenny Agostino and Hano (centering the line)... All three are having Dud type seasons this year; which doesn't help.

He's gotten some time with Sven and Poirier a few times, with nothing huge coming out of it.

Just a down season, it doesn't helped he's been buried on our depth charts like no-ones business.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I will say, Calgary did hurt this kids stride having him in the NHL for a cup of tea, and having him play *very* limited minutes. Not giving him an excuse, because he's had a big time down season; but this is definitely one of the reasons he didn't come out of the gate red hot.

Also, he has been used at center and on the wing; Wing especially when Knight was still around; along with Hano on his other wing... who is also having a Dud of a season.

Currently he's running with Kenny Agostino and Hano (centering the line)... All three are having Dud type seasons this year; which doesn't help.

He's gotten some time with Sven and Poirier a few times, with nothing huge coming out of it.

Just a down season, it doesn't helped he's been buried on our depth charts like no-ones business.
The team itself is not scoring alot. This is not the offensive team they were last year. No players have more than 35 points. Only 2 players have more than 25 points.

That needs to be considered before you just look at numbers and claim a player is a having a "dud" season. Hanowski who you bring up a couple times in tied for 4th in team scoring (points) and is tied for 1st in goals.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think Max will be with the Flames next year, to be honest. It won't be at center though.

The only thing is, realistically Sven, Granlund, Reinhart, Poirier, Ferland, Bennett and Shore will all be challenging for spots, maybe even Arnold to. It's impossible that all those guys will be up. Then consider Wotherspoon and Culkin might be ready, where will all the vets go?

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
The only thing is, realistically Sven, Granlund, Reinhart, Poirier, Ferland, Bennett and Shore will all be challenging for spots, maybe even Arnold to. It's impossible that all those guys will be up. Then consider Wotherspoon and Culkin might be ready, where will all the vets go?
Culkin is done for the year so he will need AHL time next year.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I think Max will be with the Flames next year, to be honest. It won't be at center though.

He has competition, based on what's going on lately, I dont think he is even a contender. Many have and will pass him.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I really hope Sieloff takes a big step next year to, he hasn't been talked about much at all this year. I'm still hopeful he can be an NHL player.
I think he will, he essentially missed a year and a half with pretty much no competitive games. Since he was with the team in Abbotsford (even though he wasn't playing) it is hard for us to see him as the first year pro he is this year and he is being handled as such. In fact the entire defense corps has been rotating time off because they have had 8-9 defensemen on the roster at all times.

I will preface the folling by saying that the ADK Flames are very quiet about injuries and the 2 people that cover the team for the media rarely comment on injuries.

Wotherspoon and Yonkman have the only constants from opening night until now, both have played a high 44 games.

Culkin's strong play the last few months turned him into a regular until he suffered his injury, he played 37 games and is the only rookie defenseman to see really regular playing time.

Cundari & Ramage have each played 32; I am unsure if either have missed time with injury.

Stevenson (AHL contract) and Sieloff have played 27 & 26 games respectively. Sieloff missed some time with minor injuries and is rotated in and out of the lineup. Stevenson is also rotated in and out of the line-up, I am unsure if there were any injuries for him. Both are AHL rookies.

Potter has only played 25 games, he has missed a bunch due to recalls to the big club and likely would be a regular if it wasn't for that. He may have missed a short period of time with an injury too.

Acolatse has only played 20 games due to injuries and being rotated in and out of the lineup.

Kulak has been in the ECHL most of the season after struggling to start the year. He now has 8 games under his belt this year and played exceptionally well in Colorado.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg

Ferland needs another year. Same with Shore. Bennett will probably be in the top 6. If Glencross leaves, Calgary needs someone who can replace his two way game. Reinhart is really the only guy I can see doing that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->