Proposal: Max Pacioretty to Vancouver

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
:nucks Max Pacioretty 1 year left at 2million 12 GP with 7 points (1G,6A) 3 of his 7 points have come on the PP.

:caps Danilla Klimovich Right winger selected 2021 2nd round pick #41 and a 6th round pick in 2024 of the San Jose Sharks(basically a late 5th).

Im tryna gauge Max Paciorettys value hes barely played and is older but I believe he could be a solid cheap add in the top 6 come playoff time in short stints. A potential hurdle is that Max has a NMC but considering hes never won a cup this may be a good shot for him to get one.

as for the caps they get a prospect who has been recently selected in the 2nd round he has struggled but a change of scenery might do him well, and they add a 6th that will boost their draft capital.

Reactions: ChrisProngersEYE

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Who knows? He has an NMC so that depends on him.

But late round picks are nothing. No reason to move him for a pick like 6th. Even for a pick like 4th it's pointless. Rather just keep him.
2nd round pick if you make a under the table deal right here, right now and take Mikheyevs contract in the off season

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
2nd round pick if you make a under the table deal right here, right now and take Mikheyevs contract in the off season

Capitals don't need any more bottom-6 forwards so pass on Mikheyev.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
2nd round pick is a massive overpayment for Max imo the guy has barely played also Mikheyev imo is not a cap dump he would be able to net a positive return considering his two way play.

I really don't get why so many people have this obsession with "dumping" Mikheyev. If anything, the Canucks should be looking to add another player like him to the mix. He's not a world beater, but a ~20G - 40/45pt player with decent size, good speed, even strength production, and strong 2-way responsibility and PK utility, is exactly what he was brought in to be. Yes, they maybe paid a small premium for that...but it's hardly egregious. It's more or less right on the "UFA Market Value" line.

As for Patches...i'm kind of torn. I've always liked him as a player. But despite being basically Wolverine in his ability to recover from serious, career-threatening injuries...he also seems to be a bit of a magnet for collecting those sort of injuries in the first place. He's also barely played over a dozen games in the last two years and had major, training precluding injuries to his achilles along the way.

I really don't know how much stock you can put in his little comeback stint. How that projects longer-term with respect to conditioning and sustainability of his performance. Guys can come back with a little bit of extra jump for a brief little stint, but once the adrenaline or whatever wears off, they just fade away to nothing. Same thing happened to Tanner Pearson with Montreal this year. Missed a huge amount of time with serious injury issues...had maybe a dozen good games when he first jumped back in with the Habs...and then turned right back into a pumpkin.

I just don't trust it. Interesting idea for a cheap/bargain add with some potential upside. A truly healthy, well conditioned (slightly younger) Pacioretty would be a perfect fit. I'm just not sure it's something you can lean on down the stretch and through the grind of the playoffs at his age and with all the missed time he's coming off of. I'd rather just spend a bit more to get a bit more.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
3rd straight up sounds reasonable, if Max wants it.

Add another pick to retain.

Though If Caps keep losing they have no reason to not let Pacioretty go chase a cup somewhere. So if theres no auction and Max signals a move, its pretty much you take anything you can get. Even future considerations.

But id figure if he can stay healthy between now and then, and keep being productive, he could get more than two teams bidding.

Reactions: Play

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Beware Vancouver, don’t ruin a good thing by adding him. Teams that get him underachieve and teams that get rid of him go to the finals. Watch out for the Canes in the playoffs.

He’s Fools gold.

• Wow
Reactions: Play

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Pacioretty moving is up to him. He has an NMC, might just prefer to stay put with his family I don’t know.

Probably like a 2nd or 3rd round pick if he does move. No interest in Klimovich or 6th rounders.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Beware Vancouver, don’t ruin a good thing by adding him. Teams that get him underachieve and teams that get rid of him go to the finals. Watch out for the Canes in the playoffs.

He’s Fools gold.
Maybe that's the play then, we should trade for him just to ensure a shot in the 2025 Finals :nod:

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Pass. I hope the team just sees what it has after the Lindholm trade and maybe promotes someone like Podkolzin late season (or promote a productive Hoglander up the lineup), instead of going for more over-the-top big names at the cost of futures.

Reactions: bcbill

crab

Jan 26, 2019
With his low contract and retention I would expect the Caps to get a 2nd or 3rd for him. NMC could complicate things to a degree.

ChrisProngersEYE

Aug 17, 2023
:nucks Max Pacioretty 1 year left at 2million 12 GP with 7 points (1G,6A) 3 of his 7 points have come on the PP.

:caps Danilla Klimovich Right winger selected 2021 2nd round pick #41 and a 6th round pick in 2024 of the San Jose Sharks(basically a late 5th).

Im tryna gauge Max Paciorettys value hes barely played and is older but I believe he could be a solid cheap add in the top 6 come playoff time in short stints. A potential hurdle is that Max has a NMC but considering hes never won a cup this may be a good shot for him to get one.

as for the caps they get a prospect who has been recently selected in the 2nd round he has struggled but a change of scenery might do him well, and they add a 6th that will boost their draft capital.
Double post

Bags are packed and ready to go, enjoy. I'd say Thank You but instead I'll just say "I'm sorry" ahead of time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad