Player Discussion Max Pacioretty - Part 6 Will he stay or will he go? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Even better. Literally the opposite of creating drama, in my opinion.

Really a shame that slow news weeks means people feel inclined to crap on Pacioretty and Bergevin for no particular reasons.

yeah coaches who " have the public support of their GM's" better start collecting boxes.

and i watched him play last year, there are many many reasons to crap on him.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
have you seen him play ? Do you think the habs are interested in resigning him after he's going to be looking for the bank after signing the sweetheart deal ?

Yes the habs will not pre-run their personnel decisions through press conferences, but if you are surprised that the habs and patches are not long for this earth together, you might want to pay more attention.

He's been reportedly on the block for a LONG time, and for good reason.
I've been saying since December that Pacioretty and the Habs is finished...

He's not coming back, I'll be floored if he does.

I'm not sure what you're saying here.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
so, Bergevin never tried to trade Pacioretty to the Kings ? ? ? (or any other teams)

II mean, Bergevin did not publicly said it and Pacioretty never publicly said it so...
You're missing the point...you're arguing something that I'm not.

I know the Habs tried to trade Pacioretty...

I don't think he's ever going to play for the Habs again.

I'm not debating this.

What I argued was the poster who said that Bergevin killed his value by PUBLICLY telling people he was going to trade him.

This never happened...you're not following the flow of a conversation between another poster and I.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
You're missing the point...you're arguing something that I'm not.

I know the Habs tried to trade Pacioretty...

I don't think he's ever going to play for the Habs again.

I'm not debating this.

What I argued was the poster who said that Bergevin killed his value by PUBLICLY telling people he was going to trade him.

This never happened...you're not following the flow of a conversation between another poster and I.
heard Pacioretty or Bergevin say that publicly ? yet you KNOW he's going to be traded ?

but when it comes to "killing Pacioretty's value", you don't believe it cause you never heard Bergevin say anything ? not only you've never heard it, but you KNOW it never happened, ever ever ?

that's bullshit, we all know it.

No worries though, I know, I did not read everry single word between the two of you, so clearly, like everyone else including you, I'm not smart enough to get the picture unless every little word have been explained to me... right ?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
heard Pacioretty or Bergevin say that publicly ? yet you KNOW he's going to be traded ?

but when it comes to "killing Pacioretty's value", you don't believe it cause you never heard Bergevin say anything ? not only you've never heard it, but you KNOW it never happened, ever ever ?

that's bull****, we all know it.

No worries though, I know, I did not read everry single word between the two of you, so clearly, like everyone else including you, I'm not smart enough to get the picture unless every little word have been explained to me... right ?
Nah...you just jumped into the middle of a conversation and didn't have all of the information.

That doesn't make you dumb and I never said it did.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Nah...you just jumped into the middle of a conversation and didn't have all of the information.

That doesn't make you dumb and I never said it did.
so lemme get it straight, since you never said it, you never thought it either right ? about me or anyone else in here ?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I know many thought Patches would have been long gone by now, but I fully believe he will be before training camp and MB will just take best offer, whatever it may be.

Reactions: Runner77

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I've been saying since December that Pacioretty and the Habs is finished...

He's not coming back, I'll be floored if he does.

I'm not sure what you're saying here.
So you don't think he will be resigned, but insist that the habs might just still do it becuase someone from the press didn't say " executive X of the habs told me they do not intend to resign 67"?

Lots of stuff that is leaked to the press is done on the condition of anonymity.

The habs are almost certainly parting ways witrh 67, but I guess until they do resigning him remains a formal ( if improbable) possibility.

He's on the block, whether as a sign and trade or not, I cannot imagine a scenario where the habs look to resign max.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
so lemme get it straight, since you never said it, you never thought it either right ? about me or anyone else in here ?
I don't even know wtf you're talking about at this point nor do I know what your issue is.

Someone, who isn't you, made an erroneous statement...

I clarified it...

You took offense to it...why?

I'm not sure why...

Now you're on some other unrelated **** about me thinking you or others are idiots which has nothing to do with anything and I haven't even as much as insinuated it.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
So you don't think he will be resigned, but insist that the habs might just still do it becuase someone from the press didn't say " executive X of the habs told me they do not intend to resign 67"?
No...all of this is wrong.

Lots of stuff that is leaked to the press is done on the condition of anonymity.
That's correct...in this particular instance, there have been quite a few stories on Pacioretty since the offseason began.

- leading up to the draft it was leaked the Habs and Pacioretty were negotiating an extension
- at the draft it was leaked that Pacioretty was traded to the Kings but it broke down cause they couldn't agree to an extension
- it was also leaked that he was also almost traded to the Isles
- it was then leaked that Bergevin told Pacioretty they weren't going to negotiate an extension and they were gonna trade him asap

ALL of these things were leaked...by who?

Who the hell knows.

The habs are almost certainly parting ways witrh 67, but I guess until they do resigning him remains a formal ( if improbable) possibility.

He's on the block, whether as a sign and trade or not, I cannot imagine a scenario where the habs look to resign max.
Neither can I

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I think as a worst case scenario* we move him at TDL

*not including injury

I don’t know if it necessarily has a negative impact to his value if he starts in Montreal. Best case scenario to me is he has a stellar October and some other timely injuries occur and a team gets desperate.

Unlikely I know but I need something to be hopeful guys.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I know many thought Patches would have been long gone by now, but I fully believe he will be before training camp and MB will just take best offer, whatever it may be.

Don't like the sound of "whatever it may be". Watch him get shortchanged yet again.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I don't even know wtf you're talking about at this point nor do I know what your issue is.

Someone, who isn't you, made an erroneous statement...

I clarified it...

You took offense to it...why?

I'm not sure why...

Now you're on some other unrelated **** about me thinking you or others are idiots which has nothing to do with anything and I haven't even as much as insinuated it.
You dont know, you just made it clear in that post.

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011

i could see us holding out until even the deadline for a deal if it's rubbish offers before season starts TBH

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Don't like the sound of "whatever it may be". Watch him get shortchanged yet again.

Lol. Yeah, me also. But I just don't see him being willing to go into the season with the Patches circus.

Every possible buyer for Patches is going to put in an extra low bid to see if it gets a bite. It's not a good starting point.

Our only hope is that there are multiple interested teams that quickly set aside the extra low bid, move on to a low bid, and hopefully are still around to make a good offer. Lol.

Expect the worst, that's where I'm at.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
I would be very surprised if Pacioretty isn't wearing a Habs jersey on opening night at this point. No fair offers are coming in, and rosters are typically set for the new season by this point. Very little movement between teams happens between now and opening night.

I'd wager that Pacioretty gets traded sometime in November.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

So you think after all the talk and negotiation since last years dead line, Bergevin is just going to give up and trade him for whatever he can get cause he don't want Patch to start the season with us? I'm not on this train. Bergevin is stubborn and I don't see it happening. I think Bergevin is willing to go to the last option and it's all the way to the 2019 trade deadline

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I would be very surprised if Pacioretty isn't wearing a Habs jersey on opening night at this point. No fair offers are coming in, and rosters are typically set for the new season by this point. Very little movement between teams happens between now and opening night.

I'd wager that Pacioretty gets traded sometime in November.

Agreed. I think there will be more talk once the season starts. The teams interested in offense want to see how their team does to start the year and they also likely want to see how Patch plays this year. I think the window re-opens in Nov/Dec ish.

The probability of Patch being traded now in this off season is very low. If the Sens are having a hard time moving Karlsson for the right return, we are not going to be able to move Patch for the return we want.

Reactions: NobleSix

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I think it's more the other way around, I can't imagine a scenario where max agrees to resign here,

I think max wants out even more than MB wants to trade him,

I think max has told MB to f-off just like rads and Markov did

yeah that's not what happened to markov, but nice revisionist narrative. MB clearly, and deliberately told markov we didnt want him long term, we didnt want him for two years and we didnt want him for one year. I'm not arguing that this wasnt a stupid move, but the notion that markov bolted on the habs is simply not true.

for radulov, he's a freaking mercenary so if anyone is surprised that he followed the money should rethink that.

And if there is one side who has a legit beef that the other is not upholding their end, its not max.

"worst captain in Canadiens history"

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
It’s done. It was last year. Why dwell on it and complain yet again that they have 8 million?! It’s no longer relevant because there was no one to spend it on. That’s my point. Besides, we aren’t ready to compete this year, so I wouldn’t want to see them waste the money. It makes sense.
Markov but that would hurt the tank as he is still better than ANY d man we can ice in October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad