Player Discussion Max Pacioretty - Part 6 Will he stay or will he go? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Most annoying situation with the Habs right now... Patch. I prefer to keep him if we don't get the return we want but I wish we could move him and get a 1st, 2nd, and a future conditional 2nd. I know Bergevin is waiting for a better return but heading into this season with Patch is likely his plan cause he is not planing a tank season.

Me? I want a tank season where we experiment with roster options and allow the kids to play with less pressure to win. What does this mean for Patch? It means, we target a 1st and other 2nd round picks and I think we can get that. Problem is Bergevin wants more and is looking for a roster player more likely. Good luck with that.

Molson focused on communication with our fan base... Well, I would love to know what the best offer we got for Patch up to this date. I dare you to leak this to the media. Both at the trade deadline and this off season. Let us decide if Bergevin screwed this up again or not if we know the truth on the actual offers.

I dare you.... leak the Patch offers to the media. I want to know what offers we actually got for him!

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Problem is that all the gm will take 6 weeks off and nothing will happen except us writing on the forums everyday until part 10...

Reactions: ArtPeur and Rapala

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Most annoying situation with the Habs right now... Patch. I prefer to keep him if we don't get the return we want but I wish we could move him and get a 1st, 2nd, and a future conditional 2nd. I know Bergevin is waiting for a better return but heading into this season with Patch is likely his plan cause he is not planing a tank season.

Me? I want a tank season where we experiment with roster options and allow the kids to play with less pressure to win. What does this mean for Patch? It means, we target a 1st and other 2nd round picks and I think we can get that. Problem is Bergevin wants more and is looking for a roster player more likely. Good luck with that.

Molson focused on communication with our fan base... Well, I would love to know what the best offer we got for Patch up to this date. I dare you to leak this to the media. Both at the trade deadline and this off season. Let us decide if Bergevin screwed this up again or not if we know the truth on the actual offers.

I dare you.... leak the Patch offers to the media. I want to know what offers we actually got for him!
Leaking offers to the media would be a surefire way to ruin relationships around the league and make them way more hesitant to ever talk trade with you again.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Leaking offers to the media would be a surefire way to ruin relationships around the league and make them way more hesitant to ever talk trade with you again.

It's not like they are talking to Bergevin seriously anyways. Damage is already done with our GM IMO. Other GM's are very concerned with making a trade with us now and losing the trade. They are only interested in Domi for Galchenyuk type deals where we give up the guy with more upside. If any GM loses a trade to our GM, their job is on the line.

And it's not like trade offers are never leaked. You don't think the Subban to the Oilers and Canucks were not leaked?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It's not like they are talking to Bergevin seriously anyways. Damage is already done with our GM IMO. Other GM's are very concerned with making a trade with us now and losing the trade. They are only interested in Domi for Galchenyuk type deals where we give up the guy with more upside. If any GM loses a trade to our GM, their job is on the line.

And it's not like trade offers are never leaked.
They’re leaked by other sources, but you’re asking Molson and co to do it on their own with the transparency promise.

I think the Kings were very much serious about it. So were the Islanders and Sabres until Wahlstrom and Dobson dropped. I think Florida is a serious team but are unwilling to part with Borgstrom.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They’re leaked by other sources, but you’re asking Molson and co to do it on their own with the transparency promise.

I think the Kings were very much serious about it. So were the Islanders and Sabres until Wahlstrom and Dobson dropped. I think Florida is a serious team but are unwilling to part with Borgstrom.

How can other sources leak the actual offer? The only ones who know are the GM and his management group who are part of strategy. The "other" sources find out from the teams in some way off the record.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Going to be a massive circus if he's still here come the fall.

I kind of expect it at this point. Same way I expect Karlsson to be in Ottawa.

How can other sources leak the actual offer? The only ones who know are the GM and his management group who are part of strategy. The "other" sources find out from the teams in some way off the record.

The players representation knows as well. A lot of the times the “insiders” are getting info from agents.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I kind of expect it at this point. Same way I expect Karlsson to be in Ottawa.

The players representation knows as well. A lot of the times the “insiders” are getting info from agents.

True but how would Patch and his agent know if it's not a sign and trade? Do you think they know what the Panthers offered us at last year's deadline?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
True but how would Patch and his agent know if it's not a sign and trade? Do you think they know what the Panthers offered us at last year's deadline?
Well, Patches apparently fired his agent because of a time sensitive contract offer from LA which killed a deal, so I think Patches and his camp will be privy to anything at this point.

At last year’s deadline I don’t think he would have been as involved, but from the draft and onward I think his camp will know everything since he likely has teams trying to negotiate new deals with him before completing a trade for such a high cost.

At this point I expect us to trade him at the deadline for a much lesser return than we would have had at any other point in this window to trade him all because MB can’t budge off the fact that no GM will give up a young, promising centre for a winger.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well, Patches apparently fired his agent because of a time sensitive contract offer from LA which killed a deal, so I think Patches and his camp will be privy to anything at this point.

At last year’s deadline I don’t think he would have been as involved, but from the draft and onward I think his camp will know everything since he likely has teams trying to negotiate new deals with him before completing a trade for such a high cost.

At this point I expect us to trade him at the deadline for a much lesser return than we would have had at any other point in this window to trade him all because MB can’t budge off the fact that no GM will give up a young, promising centre for a winger.

Who knows why Patch changed agents. Something tells me he didn't like the 5 or 6 year deal at $6M AAV and was upset when Brison told him it was a good deal. This is a sign and trade leaked offer but what were the pieces the Kings were giving up? That was not leaked. Lots of speculation though

The other leaked trade. Sabres wanted 3- 1st round picks from the Habs for ROR . Who leaked this? It wasn't the player or agent IMO.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Who knows why Patch changed agents. Something tells me he didn't like the 5 or 6 year deal at $6M AAV and was upset when Brison told him it was a good deal. This is a sign and trade leaked offer but what were the pieces the Kings were giving up? That was not leaked. Lots of speculation though

The other leaked trade. Sabres wanted 3- 1st round picks from the Habs for ROR . Who leaked this? It wasn't the player or agent IMO.
LA rumour definitely included the 2018 1st. I think we were getting Muzzin back too.

Buffalo rumour was Patches flipped to NYI for 12th, and then 12th and probably a couple 2nds for ROR. Good thing that one didn’t happen, and I would have rather kept 12th to begin with if the deal went through.

Then again you have MB claiming BUF asked for three 1sts so...

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
LA rumour definitely included the 2018 1st. I think we were getting Muzzin back too.

Buffalo rumour was Patches flipped to NYI for 12th, and then 12th and probably a couple 2nds for ROR. Good thing that one didn’t happen, and I would have rather kept 12th to begin with if the deal went through.

Then again you have MB claiming BUF asked for three 1sts so...

I hated the idea of muzzin as a main piece butbat this point imagine drafting kupari and kotkaniemi and flip muzzin in the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad