Player Discussion Max Pacioretty -- Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Where have all his defenders gone?
I spent 3 of 4 years going up against legions of them in this very thread. Every tenedency I pointed out throughout those years have finally come home to roost. None of it had anything at all to do with scoring goals. It was all geared towards what he wasn't doing some 95% of the time out there. All except the one year he spent playing a good chunck of the season with Plek. His best year by far in terms implication. I never won an argument against the guys who focused on the G column. :laugh:

I was complaining about Patches from the get-go and there are quite a few posters ragging on him now but the irony is the minute he starts scoring (during the regular season) all will be forgotten.

The problem with Patches is that if he doesn't score the rest of his game isn't even AHL level. Pleks doesn't score but he brings other things to the table. The question with Pleks is not whether he's a NHL player but rather if he is 5 million or 2.5 million NHL player. When Patches doesn't score he brings nothing to the table. AND when he was scoring it was never when the team needed him: playoffs and international tournaments.

MB should see if he could get a Duchene return and trade him. I never liked this player even when he was hitting his 35 goals a year.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Someone give CJ a heads up...
Max is neither a point guy or a halfwall guy on a PP.
At a bare minimum he needs to get that big frame of his parked 1 foot away from the crease keep the stick free and live there. Otherwise his usefulness on The power-play is non existant. I shudder everytime I see him coming off that halfwall in possesion and run to the kitchen for an Apple turnover. Kovalev he ain't.
Except he doesn't have a strong stick - as Pee Air would put it. It's too late in his career to start developing other skills.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I don't think Pacioretty's value is going down (yet) in the eyes of other GMs. It's only going down in the eyes of Habs fans because we see him day in and day out. We have Pacioretty overexposure. His value remains hight at the moment but will decline as we near the end of the season so he must be traded.

Exactly.

If Duchene's value didn't go down after that soap opera of his that lasted over a year, I doubt Pacioretty's value went down at all so far this season.

His reputation is what makes him above all criticism, which sucks for us. But his reputation is also what makes him a valuable trading chip.

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
Thats a lie. Galchenyuk was never a centre.

repeat it until its the truth....
Galchenyuk is a centre, He's not a winger!
Galchenyuk is a centre, He's not a winger!
Galchenyuk was drafted as centre, He might be a winger!
Galchenyuk wasn't drafted centre, He's probably a winger!
Galchenyuk isn't centre, He's most likely winger!
Galchenyuk isn't a centre, He's a winger
Galchenyuk isn't a centre, He's a winger....

lul :towel:

Centre? Like "Le Centre videotron?"

Or Center, like in the sentence "Montreal does not have a #1 center."

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Exactly.

If Duchene's value didn't go down after that soap opera of his that lasted over a year, I doubt Pacioretty's value went down at all so far this season.

His reputation is what makes him above all criticism, which sucks for us. But his reputation is also what makes him a valuable trading chip.

However we have seen examples of over-exposure creating it's own market in the past. Perception is everything. Like Kessel maybe Max can add a significant second level of scoring to a stout contender?
He might actually flourish in that position but as our go-to-guy for scoring I think it's safe to say his days are numbered.

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
Exactly.

His contract also adds value to any deal involving Pacioretty.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Really Looking forward to the Johnathan/ Max /Paul line going into this weekend in Alberta. Drouin has now had a couple of month's to become a center, having two speedy wingers that can shoot the puck and play the game whichever way is needed, Should be fun to watch both Friday & Saturday night games for this West Coast Habs fan from Montreal.

Reactions: DAChampion

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I don't think Pacioretty's value is going down (yet) in the eyes of other GMs. It's only going down in the eyes of Habs fans because we see him day in and day out. We have Pacioretty overexposure. His value remains hight at the moment but will decline as we near the end of the season so he must be traded.
I think its imperative we trade him before the start of next season. Trading a player like him could be tough mid-season since he isn't a UFA.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Where have all his defenders gone?
I spent 3 of 4 years going up against legions of them in this very thread. Every tenedency I pointed out throughout those years have finally come home to roost. None of it had anything at all to do with scoring goals. It was all geared towards what he wasn't doing some 95% of the time out there. All except the one year he spent playing a good chunck of the season with Plek. His best year by far in terms implication. I never won an argument against the guys who focused on the G column. :laugh:

Interdasting, when the going gets tough you become nostradamus!

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
I was complaining about Patches from the get-go and there are quite a few posters ragging on him now but the irony is the minute he starts scoring (during the regular season) all will be forgotten.

The problem with Patches is that if he doesn't score the rest of his game isn't even AHL level. Pleks doesn't score but he brings other things to the table. The question with Pleks is not whether he's a NHL player but rather if he is 5 million or 2.5 million NHL player. When Patches doesn't score he brings nothing to the table. AND when he was scoring it was never when the team needed him: playoffs and international tournaments.

MB should see if he could get a Duchene return and trade him. I never liked this player even when he was hitting his 35 goals a year.
I never liked him either. Back in the day I wanted him and his BFF DD traded together.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Pacioretty was at his best in 11-12 I think.

The older he gets, the more he becomes a perimeter player. He has an insane release, but I agree not much else stands out from his game.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Pacioretty needs to be traded. There is no chance he resigns in Montreal. He knows it just going to get worst and the media are too much for him.

If mtl throws lots of money at him he will stay.
ya he is miserable thou. trade em now plz marc.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Pacioretty is a very good player, but with him likely getting a big raise after next year and our amount of depth at wing and weak centres/defence he is the best asset we have to trade.

He's not a guy that should be your go-to guy offensively as he lacks confidence when he struggles, he'd thrive if he went to a better offensive team where he had a couple offensive players ahead of him to take the pressure off.

He's been a very productive player for us on an excellent deal who gets more hate than he should, but given the way things have been going I think it'd be best for both the team and Max to part ways.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Paciorettys value is only going down. Nobody will want him at 8m.

Just look at the Duchene debacle and what the Avs got for him.
I don't think Pacioretty's value has dropped significantly yet.

I would imagine most GMs realized who he was a year or two ago. A winger with speed off the wing and a great wrist shot. Not to mention a real good 2 way game. But like Kessel in Toronto, he was miscast as the teams lead forward. Montreal likes to settle. "We have Pacioretty he is a legit first line winger, why need to improve?" When the real thought line should be, Pacioretty can play on a first line but he can't carry one. We let that guy go this past offseason (Radulov).

Habs need one real good forward, preferably a center that can rearrange all the deck chairs up front. Bump Drouin back to wing where he belongs. I would, maybe not others on here, trade Pacioretty for a guy like O'Reilly

Drouin - O'Reilly - Lehkonen
Galchenyuk - Danult - Gallagher

That is a better top six imo than what they currently have comprised. That or move Galchenyuk for a center thus still bumping Drouin to wing.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Hi...just wondering why Pacioretty is still on the first line getting first line quality minutes. Getting to play when there's an open net?

This guy hasn't score in 22 games. Anyone else would be healthy scratch or playing on the fourth line aka Alex Galchenyuk.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Really Looking forward to the Johnathan/ Max /Paul line going into this weekend in Alberta. Drouin has now had a couple of month's to become a center, having two speedy wingers that can shoot the puck and play the game whichever way is needed, Should be fun to watch both Friday & Saturday night games for this West Coast Habs fan from Montreal.

They were terrible together last night. I hope they put Patches back to the Danault line and Chucky back to the Drouin line, we've seen enough of Patches and Drouin together and it's not working.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site

He would have to completely change his game for me to get back on his side. He is just so frustrating to watch. Even when he does make an effort it’s usually one or 2 opportunities early or when it’s meaningless. I’m actually more frustrated with the coaching staff that he’s allowed to have the C and that he never seems to get called out. Many guys have gotten benched or called out but he NEVER does (unless you count the media and 100’s of thousands of fans! But I guess we’re all blind!)

Reactions: CalgarySnow

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Pacioretty is a very good player, but with him likely getting a big raise after next year and our amount of depth at wing and weak centres/defence he is the best asset we have to trade.

He's not a guy that should be your go-to guy offensively as he lacks confidence when he struggles, he'd thrive if he went to a better offensive team where he had a couple offensive players ahead of him to take the pressure off.

He's been a very productive player for us on an excellent deal who gets more hate than he should, but given the way things have been going I think it'd be best for both the team and Max to part ways.
But he’s NOT a good hockey player. Not intelligent, no heart, poor passer, poor stick handling. He could score and that’s it. One dimensional player. He might score again if traded but I seriously think he will be a guy who slowly fades away.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Hi...just wondering why Pacioretty is still on the first line getting first line quality minutes. Getting to play when there's an open net?

This guy hasn't score in 22 games. Anyone else would be healthy scratch or playing on the fourth line aka Alex Galchenyuk.
I think they feel they have no choice (it’s a dance with who brung you mentality) plus if they scratch his lazy ass his trade value goes down more. Honestly I think Hudon creates more, plays harder and has more overall talent. Pacnotready has a better shot but if it ain’t going in.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad