Player Discussion Max Pacioretty -- Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Where have all his defenders gone?
I spent 3 of 4 years going up against legions of them in this very thread. Every tenedency I pointed out throughout those years have finally come home to roost. None of it had anything at all to do with scoring goals. It was all geared towards what he wasn't doing some 95% of the time out there. All except the one year he spent playing a good chunck of the season with Plek. His best year by far in terms implication. I never won an argument against the guys who focused on the G column. :laugh:
I think you and I were the only ones over the past 3 years. I may have been one of the first to call him a ghost and invisible. I remember people making jokes that I said that and giving him nicknames. Until more and more started seeing the guy for what he was. Brother, did I ever get ripped on! No hockey knowledge, are you watching the games?, you’re an idiot! You’re right. Where are all those people now? Pretty quiet.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Someone give CJ a heads up...
Max is neither a point guy or a halfwall guy on a PP.
At a bare minimum he needs to get that big frame of his parked 1 foot away from the crease keep the stick free and live there. Otherwise his usefulness on The power-play is non existant. I shudder everytime I see him coming off that halfwall in possesion and run to the kitchen for an Apple turnover. Kovalev he ain't.
It will never happen. He will never park in front. If ever there was a guy who won’t pay the price it’s him. I got news for you pacioretty. If your big shot isn’t working, you need to change your game to contribute. But I think we all know that won’t happen. He’s a gutless player and always has been. When was the last time you remember him taking a big hit to make a play? Ya, I can’t remember either.

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
Someone give CJ a heads up...
Max is neither a point guy or a halfwall guy on a PP.
At a bare minimum he needs to get that big frame of his parked 1 foot away from the crease keep the stick free and live there. Otherwise his usefulness on The power-play is non existant. I shudder everytime I see him coming off that halfwall in possesion and run to the kitchen for an Apple turnover. Kovalev he ain't.

I'd say that Pacioretty should be the most efficient on the PP, playing on his off wing, from the faceoff circle.

But he's not, he sucks.

Maybe, he shouldn't be on the PP?

He's a guy who mostly scores off the rush anyway.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Strip him of the C!!!! He should be ashamed to call himself captain!!! Pac's is not a leader and does not show up to play when the games matter!!! He must lead the league in empty net goals the past 4-5 years and if he's not scoring he's totally useless!!!! He is frustrating to watch on the pp and has very bad hockey sense!!! Only good thing is his cap hit lol I was once a supporter of his but not anymore!!!!

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
Strip him of the C!!!! He should be ashamed to call himself captain!!! Pac's is not a leader and does not show up to play when the games matter!!! He must lead the league in empty net goals the past 4-5 years and if he's not scoring he's totally useless!!!! He is frustrating to watch on the pp and has very bad hockey sense!!! Only good thing is his cap hit lol I was once a supporter of his but not anymore!!!!
He is the worst captain in Habs history!!!!!!

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I'd say that Pacioretty should be the most efficient on the PP, playing on his off wing, from the faceoff circle.

But he's not, he sucks.

Maybe, he shouldn't be on the PP?

He's a guy who mostly scores off the rush anyway.

What was it at the start of the year again ? He scored his first or second point on the PP in 38 freaking games.

Reactions: ItzaGreat

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
At some point, he's going to have to suffer consequences for his play.

2 goals against playoff teams.

7 PP points in his last 58 games.

Fails the eye test.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
How about trying Hudon as a center? He was a center two years in AHL. Then we can use Danault second center, so AG and Drouin can come back to their natural positions as wingers. And Plekanec is a third center.

Paccioretty-Hudon-Gallagher
Drouin-Danault-Galchenyuk
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Byron
Carr-Shaw-Deslauriers

It works as long as Hudon wins a good % of face-offs. I would give it a try.
The way I see it, all 4 lines are balanced and would have about equal time, witch is the new NHL standards.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
How about trying Hudon as a center? He was a center two years in AHL. Then we can use Danault second center, so AG and Drouin can come back to their natural positions as wingers. And Plekanec is a third center.

Lehkonen-Plekanec-Byron
Carr-Shaw-Deslauriers

The way I see it, all 4 lines are balanced and would have about equal time, witch is the new NHL standards.
Softest and weakest line in the NHL.

Drouin-Galchenyuk-Gallagher is too obvious to happen.

PepsiMayWest

Nov 7, 2007
Montreal/Ottawa
Trading Pacioretty now would be a terrible reactive move while his value is at its lowest. MB has backed himself in to a corner now. Return on Pacioretty would have been much more had he been proactive, risked being unpopular and looked to move him before the season. Instead, he is just continuing to sabotage the value of his own assets and undermine himself long term.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
The last center that Pacioretty had real success with is Galchenyuk but uh..

Thats a lie. Galchenyuk was never a centre.

repeat it until its the truth....
Galchenyuk is a centre, He's not a winger!
Galchenyuk is a centre, He's not a winger!
Galchenyuk was drafted as centre, He might be a winger!
Galchenyuk wasn't drafted centre, He's probably a winger!
Galchenyuk isn't centre, He's most likely winger!
Galchenyuk isn't a centre, He's a winger
Galchenyuk isn't a centre, He's a winger....

lul :towel:

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario

Lehkonen-Plekanec-Byron
Carr-Shaw-Deslauriers

AG is not a natural winger. He is a center. He's been playing wing all year so far, so not sure how you figure he'd be going back to his "natural" position.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Softest and weakest line in the NHL.

Drouin-Galchenyuk-Gallagher is too obvious to happen.
Because it's obvious Galchenyuk is a center? 90% of members of this forum might say he's a center doesn't prove anything. A lie told by a majority doesn't mean it's a truth.
I don't say he's a center and I don't say he's a winger. It's been too long I saw him at center so I can't judge for myself. Many coaches said he's a winger so I go with that because they decide and we (in this forum) don't decide anyhing.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Because it's obvious Galchenyuk is a center? 90% of members of this forum might say he's a center doesn't prove anything. A lie told by a majority doesn't mean it's a truth.
I don't say he's a center and I don't say he's a winger. It's been too long I saw him at center so I can't judge for myself. Many coaches said he's a winger so I go with that because they decide and we (in this forum) don't decide anyhing.

Many coaches under the same influence. Funny how that works.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Trading Pacioretty now would be a terrible reactive move while his value is at its lowest. MB has backed himself in to a corner now. Return on Pacioretty would have been much more had he been proactive, risked being unpopular and looked to move him before the season. Instead, he is just continuing to sabotage the value of his own assets and undermine himself long term.

Paciorettys value is only going down. Nobody will want him at 8m.

Just look at the Duchene debacle and what the Avs got for him.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
AG is not a natural winger. He is a center. He's been playing wing all year so far, so not sure how you figure he'd be going back to his "natural" position.
Well, center or winger I don't kmow. He's not good neither both positions, he gives the puck to opponents, so any nhl coaches will hate him. The medias pretend MB tryed many times to trade him and it didn't happened. Maybe it means his value is well knowned around the league and no gm wants him. Maybe I'm influenced by 91,9 too, lol.

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
Well, center or winger I don't kmow. He's not good neither both positions, he gives the puck to opponents, so any nhl coaches will hate him. The medias pretend MB tryed many times to trade him and it didn't happened. Maybe it means his value is well knowned around the league and no gm wants him. Maybe I'm influenced by 91,9 too, lol.
Well stats show that he's a better center. I doubt other GM's don't want him, it's probably more of a case of MB wanting too much for him.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

91,9 actually love Galchenyuk and call for him to centwr our first line regularly. You need to understand better.

Reactions: Habs178

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Paciorettys value is only going down. Nobody will want him at 8m.

Just look at the Duchene debacle and what the Avs got for him.

Avs didn't to do bad, 2 good prospects and a couple of high draft picks. I think that would be a decent return on Max next year on the last year of his contract no?

2 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd and 2 Prospects pretty good haul IMO for Max. Ideally somehow he lands the habs a true top 6C but with 1.5 seasons on his contract and his play this year that's not likely.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Pacioretty can shoot the puck with the best of them
Pacioretty is an above average skater for a man his size.

His biggest downfall is that he is not engaged enough in the play when he is not producing, he does not do enough little things to try and influence the game especially in a captaincy role. He is a complimentary player and would thrive but needs an elite center to set the table for him. There have been many players like him and if we are not getting the player to help him then we should trade him.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
I don't think Pacioretty's value is going down (yet) in the eyes of other GMs. It's only going down in the eyes of Habs fans because we see him day in and day out. We have Pacioretty overexposure. His value remains hight at the moment but will decline as we near the end of the season so he must be traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad