Player Discussion Max Pacioretty -- Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Question now is -- how does Pacioretty come back as a Hab to start the season? Or will the dominos that fall after the UFA market, create an opening for him with a team that falls out of the UFA bidding? If there is such a team, who's to say Pacioretty will like them enough to engage in negotiations for an extension. It's a quagmire anyway you slice it.

If the cost to acquire him downspirals so much that the Habs would prefer keeping him, he'd have much better value at the TDL.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
its pretty crazy to think about what ACTUALLY happens behind the scenes

its clear there is something to this whole max to LA, it being held up, Kovalchuk siging with LA instead without the SAMe agent for both clients not telling max that Ilya was also in the mix, thats how you get fired

its looking like all of this is true, bergevin straight up told us friday "kovalchuk is holding up the whole f***ing thing" definitely working on the transparency lol

Reactions: Pickles and Jrham15

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
its pretty crazy to think about what ACTUALLY happens behind the scenes

its clear there is something to this whole max to LA, it being held up, Kovalchuk siging with LA instead without the SAMe agent for both clients not telling max that Ilya was also in the mix, thats how you get fired

its looking like all of this is true, bergevin straight up told us friday "kovalchuk is holding up the whole ****ing thing" definitely working on the transparency lol

Was Brisson Ilya's agent as well?

That would kinda explain the fireing to me. Max maybe thought that Brisson wasn't getting the best deal for him because he also wanted to get Kovalchuk to LA as well and maybe to Max Brisson was working to get both guys deals that worked for LA rather than getting the most money for Max.

I wonder how this plays in with SJ which also seemed like a done deal too. I think its clear that Max would of been happy to wind up in Cali and both Cali teams were interested.

I don't know Max, but it seems like contracts aren't his forte. He took a bad deal(for himself) his first contract, and has fired 3 agents and now it seems like he couldn't get a deal done in Cali. He may have gone from one extreme of a steal of a contract to the other extreme and asking to be overpaid.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Was Brisson Ilya's agent as well?

That would kinda explain the fireing to me. Max maybe thought that Brisson wasn't getting the best deal for him because he also wanted to get Kovalchuk to LA as well and maybe to Max Brisson was working to get both guys deals that worked for LA rather than getting the most money for Max.

I wonder how this plays in with SJ which also seemed like a done deal too. I think its clear that Max would of been happy to wind up in Cali and both Cali teams were interested.

I don't know Max, but it seems like contracts aren't his forte. He took a bad deal(for himself) his first contract, and has fired 3 agents and now it seems like he couldn't get a deal done in Cali. He may have gone from one extreme of a steal of a contract to the other extreme and asking to be overpaid.

They don't have the same agent but are both represented by the same firm (CAA)
I'm more concern about the choice of going with Allan Walsh.....seems more to me like Max wants out or wants a ton of money and got the agent who's not afraid to go hard after what their clients wants.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I'm more concern about the choice of going with Allan Walsh.....seems more to me like Max wants out or wants a ton of money and got the agent who's not afraid to go hard after what their clients wants.

Walsh likes to leverage social media against the general managers, so that might turn off even more potential suitors for Max, which is bad for the habs as well.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
There is 1 circumstance where it would make sense to keep him - albeit a very outlandish and dreamy one - and that is to entice Tavares. Having Max makes us more enticing to Tavares imo. I strongly doubt that we are in the running for JT; but if we are, I'd be willing to keep him.

I don't think JT makes us a contender anyways, we have way too many holes even with JT. I'd prefer we blow it up.

Reactions: Et le But

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Timing is everything. The way the Pacioretty saga is playing is just reinforcing the notion that Bergevin didn't move to trade him quick enough. Should have happened when the team was out of the playoffs two seasons ago and when he had term. Now, it's a crapshoot and the vultures will be circling.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Timing is everything. The way the Pacioretty saga is playing is just reinforcing the notion that Bergevin didn't move to trade him quick enough. Should have happened when the team was out of the playoffs two seasons ago and when he had term. Now, it's a crapshoot and the vultures will be circling.
We never know, but yeah! Pacioretty retained at 50% (2.25mil×2) was worth a good prospect C, a 1st and other assets, but Bergevin was looking for more than what Colorado got for Duchene. Stupid f***!

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

I think thats it right there. He got screwed on his last deal and he knows it.

I just find it odd that he fires his agent after 2 reported rumored deals that probably would have involved contract extensions.

I think Max's sees his value higher than what other teams are willing to pay and thats screwing MB and the team. If LA/SJ couldn't come to terms and that caused the deals to fall through its costing the habs future assets.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
im so sick and tired of hearing how its Bergevins fault that a deal hasnt happened! No one knows what is happening behind the scenes. For all we know,it could be Pacioretty who is mucking everything up. Why the agent change now?? Probably because the little shiz,thinks he is worth more than he is OR is trying to make up foe the couple mil he missed out on,from his current contract.

So give me a freakin break. Im blaming Pacioretty wayyyyyy before MB on this one.

The ones blaming MB now,are the same ones who would blame him if he forced a deal that he knows would be subpar just to make a trade.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
im so sick and tired of hearing how its Bergevins fault that a deal hasnt happened! No one knows what is happening behind the scenes. For all we know,it could be Pacioretty who is mucking everything up. Why the agent change now?? Probably because the little shiz,thinks he is worth more than he is OR is trying to make up foe the couple mil he missed out on,from his current contract.

So give me a freakin break. Im blaming Pacioretty wayyyyyy before MB on this one.

The ones blaming MB now,are the same ones who would blame him if he forced a deal that he knows would be subpar just to make a trade.
Bergevin shoulda traded him at the deadline or after the playoff series against the Rangers
Of course it’s Bergevins fault.
He’s asking the moon for an asset that’s deteriorating and has one year left on his contract
Oh also he checked out last year.

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
I don't think JT makes us a contender anyways, we have way too many holes even with JT. I'd prefer we blow it up.
I don’t know that it would make us a contender right away, but if you have a chance to get JT you give it everything you’ve got. He’s 27 and just now hitting his prime. Even if our window is 5 years from now, he’ll likely still be a top 10-15 center at 32 years old.

(Again before anyone replies to point out that we won’t get Tavares, I am fully aware of that - we are having a hypothetical discussion)

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
Apparently, deal was agreed upon with the Kings. Patches needed to agree on extension offered by the Kings. Muzzin would of been part of the deal. All this according to DansLesCoulisses.

This is total BS, neither the Habs nor the LA Kings are allowed to discuss contract terms with Patches before July 1st.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018

So you mean the ones who are holding MB accountable for the job he is supposed to be doing? I suppose it's not his fault he never acquired a center either right? It's just too hard...

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Be sick and tired all you want….who's responsability is it to build a team? Who's responsability is it to be proactive and to fix problems? Pacioretty's responsability is to play. It's not MB fault if Pacioretty is lazy or doesn't score. But everything else IS Bergevin's fault. It's his job. As of now, whatever happens behind the scene is that we paid Pacioretty who scored tons of goals at 4.5 per. And we are 1 year before his contract ends. So based on that Pacioretty and it's his right, to refuse whatever extension other teams are handing him. Which mean that we proably have to accept less for a guy who still has 1 year left to his contract and might want to test the market to make as much money as he can.

This is a business. On both ends. And that,s why I said that Pacioretty HAD to leave this team at the last TDL 'cause it would have meant for a team to have him for at least 2 playoffs. Giving us a better return. But nope...I heard how IN THE SUMMER, then we would have so much more. Which was obviously Bullcrap. So again, Bergevin is REACTING. And will be laughed at again. No idea why you can't blame, he proved NOTHING to you. And he has a history of being stupid.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
This is total BS, neither the Habs nor the LA Kings are allowed to discuss contract terms with Patches before July 1st.
Habs gave permission to discuss a contract renewal. It’s akin to OEL’s verbal agreement with ARZ.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

Why are people getting mad (and on a level where you guys should seek therapy tbh) at Pacioretty for wanting to get paid what he's worth...he's easily worth 7m+ if we're using Kane as a comparable, and he f***ing deserves it too.

Just not with the habs please.

Reactions: PhysicX and Zorba

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Why are people getting mad (and on a level where you guys should seek therapy tbh) at Pacioretty for wanting to get paid what he's worth...he's easily worth 7m+ if we're using Kane as a comparable, and he ****ing deserves it too.

Just not with the habs please.
He will get his 7 million just don’t see him getting 7 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad