Player Discussion Max Pacioretty -- Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Regardless of his numbers, I think we should deal him. Hopefully he heats up and boosts his value. He's a good player but I don't want to re-up with him. Whether its for another vet or a bunch of prospects/picks I think we're past the point where we should move on from him.

Reactions: sheed36

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
The dysfunction of this organization is of epic proportions. I know if I was a free agent I wouldn't sign with Montreal. Between the taxes, the toxic media and rabid fan base there are many reasons why UFA's don't want to sign with Montreal. This team is trending downwards thanks to Bargain bin. A free agent that wants a chance at a cup won't sign with the Habs. You are 100% correct.

Why didn't someone warn Alzner about all of this last summer. :) If the Habs want to overpay for lower tier UFA's they will sign with the Habs since at the end of the day it's all about the money for many of these lower tier players.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I called Pacioretty a perimeter player yesterday and was told by one member on this board that nothing about the data we have on Pacioretty indicates that he is a perimeter player. Seems like a perimeter player to me with data like the above.
He can change into a close to the net player if there's some changes in this team. Sadly those changes doesn't happen because trades are difficult to make. There is no center for Paccioretty this year and the transition game is just bad.

I would leave Paccio alone for a while because he isn't in the best position to perform, there is nothing to do with his kind of play without a center. Some wingers can do without a center and it's not the case with Paccio. Not saying he have bad attitude or he is a bad person or a bad player. It's a matter of logic, strategy combinaison, positionnal play and good use of his strenght. Put him with the right center, the right team and it's a whole different story, like night and day.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
Why didn't someone warn Alzner about all of this last summer. :) If the Habs want to overpay for lower tier UFA's they will sign with the Habs since at the end of the day it's all about the money for many of these lower tier players.
He took the money and ran. Take a look at Bergevin's signings the last 5 years. With the exception of Radulov they were either overpaid to come to Montreal or they were past their prime. Alzner might fall under both categories.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Shhh

Let's just hope the stats are enough to fool some other gm to offer up a deal so good even MB won't be foolish enough to refuse

Yes, we should be pumping out how great max is to get 35 goals every year to up his trade value!!!!

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
the guy is an idiot, not smart enough to understand it goes beyond goal scored.
Agreed. Pacioretty has a LOT of issues. It ain’t just a slump! What the city deserves is a top 3 player and a captain who leads and gives a crap. I can’t believe there are still people defending him. I still say regardless of where he ends up, he’s going to slowly fade away. His one trick ain’t working anymore

Native

Nov 27, 2003
Montreal
max is a very strong complimentary player. he needs to be fed, space opened up for him by both harder/dirtier and more offensively, patient and creative line-mates.

max's inconsistency is due to his mental fortitude. he was placed in a position that he is incapable of managing. it is evident in his erratic play; at times he's a force, actually using his mass, speed, hitting like a truck. other times, he's meek and scared of contact. when you exhibit such extremes of highs and lows, its a sign that you're running more on adrenaline than a basal state of determined character. just look at gallagher. he is a model of consistency within himself. that is a personal attitude and not just, "in the moment."

the "C" should be removed from max asap. give it to weber. it will not only benefit the team, but it will benefit max much more. he can't take the burden of responsibility. i do believe he takes it to heart; trying at times to do more, believes in its importance. however, he just does not have the mental and psychological profile to succeed with this enormous responsibility.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
the guy is an idiot, not smart enough to understand it goes beyond goal scored.
Now lets do the same for when it matters. Good teams and the playoffs.

Sorry I am too lazy but does anyone have the points patches has scored since his man crush was traded for Davidson? Does it differ significantly or just slightly? We know he is terrible this season, but what about TDesharnaisL day last year?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I called Pacioretty a perimeter player yesterday and was told by one member on this board that nothing about the data we have on Pacioretty indicates that he is a perimeter player. Seems like a perimeter player to me with data like the above.

I often question some of the statistical data that is being presented on behalf of players, I wonder if anyone that makes them are actually watching the games. Max Pacioretty is the very definition of a perimeter player.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I often question some of the statistical data that is being presented on behalf of players, I wonder if anyone that makes them are actually watching the games. Max Pacioretty is the very definition of a perimeter player.
I always had a huge laugh when people were calling him a power forward! Not even close. Maybe 4 or 5 years ago. He is such a lazy, disintetested hockey player and its so evident watching him out there. He coasts around and barely makes any effort. And yet does he get benched? Does Julien call him out? Nope. He goes back to his favorite whipping boy Galchenyuk. I truly dont understand how this guy has avoided criticism from the organization. Trade his lazy ass asap before he gets hurt.

Reactions: Habs178

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Captain Pacioretty:sarcasm:

The funny thing is I remarked in the GDT how Chucky immediately perked up when Patch left for the room against Jersey. :laugh: This is a remarkable example of the respect or lack thereof running rampant from the top on down.

excellent.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I always had a huge laugh when people were calling him a power forward! Not even close. Maybe 4 or 5 years ago. He is such a lazy, disintetested hockey player and its so evident watching him out there. He coasts around and barely makes any effort. And yet does he get benched? Does Julien call him out? Nope. He goes back to his favorite whipping boy Galchenyuk. I truly dont understand how this guy has avoided criticism from the organization. Trade his lazy ass asap before he gets hurt.

The organisation really seems to love him and that goes back to his days with DD, he could do no wrong. In my opinion he should have been the player traded in the summer of 2016 and not the one that was traded. He should have been traded for center help and then we would have had the big three bases covered. 1C, 1D and 1G and we would actually be able have a competitive team.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Agreed. Pacioretty has a LOT of issues. It ain’t just a slump! What the city deserves is a top 3 player and a captain who leads and gives a crap. I can’t believe there are still people defending him. I still say regardless of where he ends up, he’s going to slowly fade away. His one trick ain’t working anymore

Why does a city that craps all over its players and spits them out deserve that? We had one in Subban, but got rid of him. It looks like we got what we deserve.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Why does a city that craps all over its players and spits them out deserve that? We had one in Subban, but got rid of him. It looks like we got what we deserve.
I do have to say the reputation of being the most "knowledgeable" fans in hockey is tarnished to the point that perhaps the most "toxic" label would be a better label.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
As much as fans want pacioretty out, I also think it's best for pacioretty to go somewhere else too.

I think we are only seeing a fraction what he can still bring to a team. He just looks paralyzed as a player, and in need of a new start.

The sad thing is that if I'm right, the habs are yet again going to look silly in a trade because his value has never been lower than right now.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
I do have to say the reputation of being the most "knowledgeable" fans in hockey is tarnished to the point that perhaps the most "toxic" label would be a better label.

Definitely not the most knowledgeable fans.habs fans are known for whining and crying these days unfortunately.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
1 goal in his last 20 games. Actually it was scored by Jonathan Eriksson in his own goal. It was the 6th goal in a 6-2 win against Detroit. Irrelevant goal anyhow. That’s our captain boys.

“Worst captain ever.” -Michel Therrien.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
1 goal in his last 20 games. Actually it was scored by Jonathan Eriksson in his own goal. It was the 6th goal in a 6-2 win against Detroit. Irrelevant goal anyhow. That’s our captain boys.

“Worst captain ever.” -Michel Therrien.

MT was right about something...

Reactions: CalgarySnow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad