Max Pacioretty is the big deal

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
He's played well in the last couple of games, but you're really pushing it. Only 17 players got 80+ pts last season, and on average 15-20 players hit that mark each season; I doubt Pacio scores that much, even in a few years. Also, PF's generally have lower point totals, in the 50-60 pt range. He does have good upside though, 1st line PF could be a possibility in a few seasons.

Another thing, how the hell did he come back from his injury so fast?

I thought he was supposed to be out for like 4-6 weeks, and his injury looked really serious; they carried him off a friggin stretcher and then all you see is the guy comes back next game!

Wtf?

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
80+ points? I don't think you can determine that through 2 weeks of good NHL hockey.

He looks like a good player, though. I could see him turning into a 55-60 point PWF type guy.

samsquanch9*

I see him as a 1st line PWF 20-30 goals 20-35 assists per year with good physical play and sick cellys.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
In order for him to become a good first line player he needs to be able to be a good player when the going gets tough, haven´t seen that from him yet. He has some confidence issues.

That being said he is young, and it seems Cunney had a great affect on his play. He has greatly improved in his balance and use of his body in the offensive zone. And his hands in and around the net have become his best asset.

We will see, he still has a lot to prove.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
i really liked pac's game when he played the rangers. seems to have put it together. cant see an 80 point player though, but a 1st/2nd line 60 point player than nobody likes to play against.

68*

He could be a boss if he bulks up to 215-220lbs. He would be much harder to move and more effective.

Dutch Dreams

Sep 20, 2009
I can't. Benn is a future 40G scorer and is already an excellent player.

Benn is certainly more talented, but 40 goals, let alone 30, is definitely a reach.

Pacioretty is so good in the corners. For one thing, he always seems to anticipate a puck along the boards, and even when a defenseman has him covered he has some incredible strength, size and speed to evade coverage easily.

Every prospect on HF is an 80+ point player. I see the guy more as a potential 25+ goal 50+ point guy. Kind of like a bigger, faster Andrew Ladd, but doesn't skate as well and isn't as physical.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Benn is certainly more talented, but 40 goals, let alone 30, is definitely a reach.

I don't see how 30 is a reach at all. He put up 22 goals as a 20 year old rookie. And he's unbelievably talented. He just has all the tools to be a really, really special player. He's burned several top-end defenseman like Doughty, Erik Johnson, and Cam Barker. (okay, Cam Barker sucks). And he's big, physical, smart, and good defensively to top it off. And he has a dexterous pair of hands. Some of the moves he's pulled off have blown me away. And he's still only 21. There is plenty of time for him to improve into a legitimate star.

And another thing about him is he can be a pest. He is almost literally a combination of ever player type there is. I have NO idea how he slipped to the 5th round, but kudos to the Dallas Stars for finding such a late round gem.

Last edited:

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
I like the pre-neck-injury Erik Cole comparison. Patches is not talented enough to be a 80 point guy, but he has the potential to become a 30-30 powerforward. If he bulks up to +220 pounds and learns to play as a screener in front of the net, he might even come close to 40 goals one day.

EDIT:

He's a physical freak:

Last edited:

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I like the pre-neck-injury Erik Cole comparison. Patches is not talented enough to be a 80 point guy, but he has the potential to become a 30-30 powerforward. If he bulks up to +220 pounds and learns to play as a screener in front of the net, he might even come close to 40 goals one day.

EDIT:

He's a physical freak:

I like the fact they're listening to Billy Idol in the background. :D

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
50-60 points isn't out of the question. He's shooting a lot more than he did in the previous two seasons and it seems to be paying off. Hopefully he doesn't need to be dealt to another team to pan out like a few others.

Qvist

Apr 14, 2009
That being said he is young, and it seems Cunney had a great affect on his play.

I wish people would bear in mind that nearly everyone who reads their posts aren't a member of their fan group and not use slang names. Who the eff is "Cunney"?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->