Injury Report: Max Pacioretty Injured - 12 weeks recovery expected

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Not sure what problem is, he'll be back in time for the season, if not missing a little time or just being a bit rusty. It gives the rookies and young guys a chance for a bigger role. I think it's fantastic. If max misses a few games it's not the end of the world and guys like Scherbak, Hudon and others will get a shot at a mini try out.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Problem isn't with the length of the injury....problem has to be the injury itself. Yeah, players have injuries all the time and often they comeback like nothing happens....but what if it does? What if he's more tentative for at least half of a year? How will he come back? What kind of injuries are we talking about?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Max will be ready for the season and even if he wasn't.....last time he was injured we had some success with the EGG line and Plekanec was playing with scrubs like Bournival/Gionta/Briere and we have still better options than that right now

DD's PPG as a center is higher away from max.

Did you included 2013-2014 numbers? You know that 1pts in 17 games away from Max....

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Thank goodness it's the off season.

Oh look my first post.
Welcome.
Watch Subban get injured next while on his cruise.

Yep... already feeling like one of those seasons. We've been so healthy the past few seasons, too
Yep, if there's any team that can't complain about injuries over the past couple of years, it's us.
Weise DD Gallager. You just know it will happen
Man... :laugh: let's hope not. You could very well be right though.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
So much for a quick start to the season! The Habs will be looking up to a lot of Atlantic Division teams in October.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
This could have a big impact on the seasson... If he out 12 week it is a significant injury probably a grade 2 or 3 sprain of the MCL, ACL would probably have required surgery / 26 weeks, meniscus tear would have a only be few weeks. I just hope he get back to 100%

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Not good. Markov recovered well, but max had very good straight line speed. That may have been effected, and this was max's bread and butter. Hopefully goes well. I guess we won't see him going into the corners any time soon..oh wait.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
I have a lot of respect for his professionalism. Something tells me that he will put in his characteristic effort in rehab as he does in off-ice training, and be ready ahead of schedule. That said, this may be an opportunity for younger players to show what they've got, crisis being synonymous with opportunity and all that.

Toro

Sep 6, 2005
Windsor
This injury is not really a big deal....all it can do is make max hungrier...he will and should be ready by game 1...

What this can do for the young players close to making the team is give one more of them some chances to shine in pre-season. I see this as a chance for a youngster to shine...

Max will be ready for the season...this is not a season ending injury or a playoff injury...this is a summer workout injury.....

We have nothing to be worried about.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
This injury is not really a big deal....all it can do is make max hungrier...he will and should be ready by game 1...

What this can do for the young players close to making the team is give one more of them some chances to shine in pre-season. I see this as a chance for a youngster to shine...

Max will be ready for the season...this is not a season ending injury or a playoff injury...this is a summer workout injury.....

We have nothing to be worried about.

I agree with the bolded, but its really impossible to say if the injury will linger. Knee injuries have a habit of doing so.

This is my main worry, Max is a fast customer and knees are a critical piece of that.

PricePkPatch*

Its just an excuse to withhold naming a captain :sarcasm:

They want Pacioretty, butbhe hasn't delivered the goods

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I have a lot of respect for his professionalism. Something tells me that he will put in his characteristic effort in rehab as he does in off-ice training, and be ready ahead of schedule. That said, this may be an opportunity for younger players to show what they've got, crisis being synonymous with opportunity and all that.

Get yourself together, if there is one thing that cannot be denied about max, it's his work ethics. Saying otherwise is just you trying to stir some unneeded ********

So yeah, ********

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
Get yourself together, if there is one thing that cannot be denied about max, it's his work ethics. Saying otherwise is just you trying to stir some unneeded ********

So yeah, ********

I don't think you read what he was saying properly.

I agree with his point to some extent, but a knee injury specifically is worrying, especially for a guy who relies on his speed like Max.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I don't think you read what he was saying properly.

I agree with his point to some extent, but a knee injury specifically is worrying, especially for a guy who relies on his speed like Max.

I just realized I quoted the wrong post. Not gonna edit it out because my idiocy doesn't deserve it. Also, it's 5 am... Carry on!

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
If we lose the one person who can actually score goals on this team for any extended period of time, this season is going to be hilarious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad