Proposal: Max Pacioretty for RNH+(+?)

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
gotta say this is much more realistic than asking for Nino ++. I mean, Wild just signed, want to keep Nino and Oilers wouldn't mind getting out of RNH's contract. So there's at least a little solid reasoning.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
They are a better fit . In a vacuum no they are not on Pacioretty level but the bring other things to the table that Pac doesn't . These guys let the rest of the Oilers players play 3 inch taller and 30 pounds heavier which was a big part of Edmontons turn around .

Fans are quick to post these RNH trades , but he doesn't have to be moved . We got almost 9 million in cap space with Fayne coming off the books that pays McDavids raise . Remember McDavid getting about a 9 million raise as he hits his bonuses .

Anyone that wants RNH needs to start with a piece the Oilers actually need . , 3rd line C , an Upgrade on Russell and it needs to create cap space for the Oilers . The last thing we need is a soon to be UFA that will be looking for a raise when we are up against the cap . The OP fails on all these things .

Plekanec (50% retained) + Schlemko for RNH.

Plekanec: great 3C who plays very well defensively (plays against top lines), 1 season removed from being a 50+ point center, and will be cost controlled for next season (UFA - but will definitely command less $). Schlemko: very reliable 2nd/bottom pairing LD with excellent advanced stats, and at a great contract 2.1m for 3 more seasons! What do you say? :)

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Plekanec + Schlemko for RNH.

Plekanec: great 3C who plays very well defensively, 1 season removed from being a 50+ point center, and will be cost controlled for next season (UFA - but will command less $). Schlemko: very reliable 2nd/bottom pairing LD with excellent advanced stats, and at a great contract 2.1m for 3 more seasons! What do you say? :)

From and EDM standpoint, I can see the interest toward Pleky, but I'm not convinced that Schlemko is that much an upgrade on Russel. Plus, MTL is already lacking LHD, it would be difficult if they take out one more.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
From and EDM standpoint, I can see the interest toward Pleky, but I'm not convinced that Schlemko is that much an upgrade on Russel. Plus, MTL is already lacking LHD, it would be difficult if they take out one more.

MTL has a 10.5m/yr goaltender. I'm sure he can do with 1 less sound defenseman in front of him, and prove his 10.5m uppity worth. Besides, MTL needs more goal scorers. I'd do it!

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
With the Cap issues the Oilers will be facing, shouldn't the Oilers trade RNH for futures: picks/prospects?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Literally every single RNH thread Plekaenc + has been offered. Every single one.

Has that offer ever gotten Habs fans anywhere?

Why would Edmonton do that? It makes zero sense.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I've got a better idea:

Pacioretty + (?) for Draisaitl.

As you said, Habs get the center they need and Oilers get the 1st line winger they need. Pacioretty and McDavid would be filthy.

lmao at this thread.

Habs do not have a ? To make it worthwhile.

Habs need Drai a lot more than the Oilers need Pacioretty. Montreal's little Drai hope just slammed shut.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Habs would have to add, I don`t see why the Oilers would trade a 2C for a winger that would not play in their top 6.

im the farthest thing from a habs fan...but are you kidding me?

in now world do the habs add to pacioretty for RNH

40-55pts 2nd line C don't bring that kinda return, especially when they make 6m

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Pacioretty would be a great addition obviously. I'd be fine if the Oilers traded RNH and a 2018 1st or something for Pacioretty. Finally an idea that doesn't involve a bottom pair defenseman, Plekanec, or Gallagher from the Habs.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Plekanec (50% retained) + Schlemko for RNH.

Plekanec: great 3C who plays very well defensively (plays against top lines), 1 season removed from being a 50+ point center, and will be cost controlled for next season (UFA - but will definitely command less $). Schlemko: very reliable 2nd/bottom pairing LD with excellent advanced stats, and at a great contract 2.1m for 3 more seasons! What do you say? :)

so a cap dump and a guy the habs just got for a 5th?

pretty sure a 1st and Juulsen would need to be added. Plekanec and Schlemko wouldnt return a 2nd

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Pacioretty would be a great addition obviously. I'd be fine if the Oilers traded RNH and a 2018 1st or something for Pacioretty. Finally an idea that doesn't involve a bottom pair defenseman, Plekanec, or Gallagher from the Habs.

RNH + 2018 first for Pacioretty seems like a fair deal for both sides. I'd push for some retention on Nuge because Pacioretty is on a steal of a contract but that kind of defeats the purpose for Edmonton I'd suspect

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Why are Montreal fans so insistent on getting rid of Paches?
He's one of the most consistent players in the NHL and your Captian.
It's just like Sens fans running Spezza out of town years back.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
RNH + 2018 first for Pacioretty seems like a fair deal for both sides. I'd push for some retention on Nuge because Pacioretty is on a steal of a contract but that kind of defeats the purpose for Edmonton I'd suspect

I could see this deal go down if Maroon walks next year. But right now, Lucic (23 goals) and Maroon (27 goals) are good enough for the top 6.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

How is it fair for the habs? The 1st round pick doesnt help us since we need to contend now, and we downgrade from a top 5 goalscorer in the league to a 2nd line center, which we already have in Danault or Plekanec.

If we trade for RNH, it will be Gallagher that will go the other way, not Pacioretty..

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
How is it fair for the habs? The 1st round pick doesnt help us since we need to contend now, and we downgrade from a top 5 goalscorer in the league to a 2nd line center, which we already have in Danault or Plekanec.

If we trade for RNH, it will be Gallagher that will go the other way, not Pacioretty..

Oilers would jump for joy if they got Gallagher for RNH.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Oilers would jump for joy if they got Gallagher for RNH.

thats what im thinking. The contract and all, Gally just makes much more sense than RNh for the Oilers. Gally is about the only core piece I would more RNH for. Lets be real, Pacs has miles more value than Nuge.
You guys will prob get triggered at me for saying this, but I wouldnt trade Lehks for Nuge straight up. Gally or nothing. I mean I like Nuge but he isnt a legit top 6 C the habs need. I would rather try Drouin/Chucky out there and have a cheaper Danault on the third line.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Patches being a ridiculous choker in high pressure games means the market for his services should be limited to rebuilding teams.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Oil don't need LW. Now add something interesting(and inexpensive) to Gallagher and maybe we can make a deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad