Proposal: Max Pacioretty for RNH+(+?)

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Montreal gets a center they need, EDM get's a 1st line winger to play with McDavid and let Draisaitl staple his own line and earn that $$$$$$.

Maxpatch is only at 4.5 AAV but RNH has 3 more years of control to offset the higher AAV.

Pacioretty > RNH so Edm has to add.

Not a terrible deal? What's the plus?

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
Habs would have to add, I don`t see why the Oilers would trade a 2C for a winger that would not play in their top 6.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Habs would have to add, I don`t see why the Oilers would trade a 2C for a winger that would not play in their top 6.

65075245150d45e1a2dc837a955a8c8d_400x400.png

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary

Your obsession with Pacioretty is unhealthy. Get off the internet and seek help. That would benefit everybody.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I'd rather keep RNH. It's the NHL and the Oilers are bound to have injuries sooner or later so it would be nice to have the depth down the middle, and Pacioretty will be an 8 million dollar guy in two years anyways.
Not too worried about RNH rebounding next season. Funny thing is that both him and Max were 24 years old when they first experienced the playoffs and sucked :laugh:

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
If we don't absolutely have to give up Pacioretty, we won't do it. And we certainly don't have to give him up for RNH so Habs say no.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Patches is a good player but I don't see the Oilers pursuing another winger.

The bottom line is Todd McLellan likes to have flexibility at center, if you move RNH, then it's very hard to play McDavid + Draisaitl together for stretches if you want that.

It just doesn't work for Edmonton on the basis of how they like to match up.

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012

Pacio is a consistent 30-39 goal scorer. He would bump Maroon and Lucic down a notch (even make one of them expendable). Oilers might have to add a small piece. The value of Nuge being a Center, one that has 2-way ability and a high defensive awareness would bring the value between the two closer.

BPD Habs Fan

Power of Positivity
Jul 2, 2014
Alexandria, Ontario
I'd go one for one because I am desperate for a center and I see this as being a fit. I don't see Edmonton doing it unless they want to go all in for the next 2 years.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Montreal gets a center they need, EDM get's a 1st line winger to play with McDavid and let Draisaitl staple his own line and earn that $$$$$$.

Maxpatch is only at 4.5 AAV but RNH has 3 more years of control to offset the higher AAV.

Pacioretty > RNH so Edm has to add.

Not a terrible deal? What's the plus?

I've got a better idea:

Pacioretty + (?) for Draisaitl.

As you said, Habs get the center they need and Oilers get the 1st line winger they need. Pacioretty and McDavid would be filthy.

lmao at this thread.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Pacioretty would automatically become the Oilers top winger lol...you really think Maroon and Lucic are better than Pacioretty? Oilers don't need him but it'd have to be a huge plus coming back from the Oilers to the Canadiens.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Very bad idea - glad you aren't Montreal's GM.

wow, hate to think a 28 year old is over the hill - I'm thinking there are many more years in this guy at a quasi-elite level.

Shame!

Last edited:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Pacioretty would automatically become the Oilers top winger lol...you really think
Maroon and Lucic are better than Pacioretty?
Oilers don't need him but it'd have to be a huge plus coming back from the Oilers to the Canadiens.

They are a better fit . In a vacuum no they are not on Pacioretty level but the bring other things to the table that Pac doesn't . These guys let the rest of the Oilers players play 3 inch taller and 30 pounds heavier which was a big part of Edmontons turn around .

Fans are quick to post these RNH trades , but he doesn't have to be moved . We got almost 9 million in cap space with Fayne coming off the books that pays McDavids raise . Remember McDavid getting about a 9 million raise as he hits his bonuses .

Anyone that wants RNH needs to start with a piece the Oilers actually need . , 3rd line C , an Upgrade on Russell and it needs to create cap space for the Oilers . The last thing we need is a soon to be UFA that will be looking for a raise when we are up against the cap . The OP fails on all these things .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad