Proposal: Max Pacioretty for Little/Zetterberg/Spezza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Goals against non-playoff teams are pointless since when?

I don't know, but if they are, then Crosby, Kucherov and Mattews scored a bunch of pointless goals too last year. I only bothered looking up the top three goal scorers and they all scored more than half their goals against non playoff teams.

Patches did score a higher % of his goals against non PO teams than those three, but he also scored the higher % of his goals before March, where only maybe Cololado was officially eliminated.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Not a fan of Hanzal on a top 6, but yeah, that would be awesome for you guys.

Don't you prefer this:

Pacioretty-Seguin-Radulov
Janmark-Benn-Nichuskin/others you mentionned

I was just wondering how frequently is Benn used at C.

No. This does 2 things wrong, it puts Benn out of position and splits up Benn and Seguin. Hanzal is very capable of centering a 2nd line and its pretty much been said that he will in a sort of rotation with Spezza

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Now just let me know how many of those goals were scored against non playoff teams

Probably around 50-60%. 47% of the teams are non playoffs teams. So you would expect around 50% of the goals to be scored against them. Since those teams are worse than the other 16 teams it's probably more in the realm of 60%.

BTW if you don't score goals against non playoffs teams then you wont make the playoffs yourself. There's a reason those teams are non playoffs teams. Most of them allow lot of goals.

wesleysnipe

Jul 2, 2017
True but most of his points are pointless, they are not quality points or goals.

what did i just read:help: new segment on hfboards quality goals. that player is not so good since is goals are pointless or do not hold any value :laugh:

pacioretty = 7 game winning goals in 2016-17
crosby= 5 gwg in 2016-17
mcdavid= 6 gwg in 2016-17

and all this time i tought crosby and mcdavid where the best player in the world :sarcasm:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Don't see the Jets moving Little.

Zetterberg isn't on the market, And i doubt even if he were that Detroit would deal him to Montreal.

And i'm pretty sure all Canadian teams are on Spezza's no trade list. Heard that he had no desire to play in Canada when he left the Senator's.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Lets get some things straight....

All 3 are huge upgrades for Montreal at C. You have a 3C playing as a 1C.

Little is the closest in value but all 3 are no's. It would need to be Little + another roster player wotg value.

Now lets get a few other things out there. We will go off the last 2 seasons:
We will go straight for production since that is Patches game

Patches- G/GP: 0.39 A/GP: 0.40
Average that into 1 82 game season:
32 goals, 33 assists..... 65 points

Little- G/GP: 0.32 A/GP: 0.44
Averaged into 1 82 game season
26 goals, 36 assists..... 62 points

Zetterberg- G/GP: 0.18 A/GP: 0.53
Averaged into 1 82 game season
15 goals, 43 assists..... 58 points

Spezza- G/GP: 0.33 A/GP: 0.45
Averaged into 1 82 game seaspn
27 goals, 37 assists..... 64 points

And Duchene for comparism because he is insanely overrated on here:
G/GP: 0.36 A/GP: 0.34
Averaged out into 1 82 game season
29 goals, 28 assists...... 57 points

So Patches is a goal scorer/producer. These guys are just a tad behind him,
And they are all centres. Spezza and Zetterberg are old. Little/Zetterberg are the best 2 way guys.
Little can PK/PP and take tough matchups. Those stats are playing as a 2C and 2PP as well. I think Patches is underrated on here, but lets be real, his value is not that much more then these 4 C's. Age is the big reason. Little/Duchene likely are pretty close in value.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Not sure why anyone wants to offer us a winger for Little, when we have no replacement for Little. Patches is a fine winger, but the Jets have absolutely no need for him and would be worse team if they did this trade (Lowry/Petan would be 2C which is terrible). Easy no thx from Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->