Proposal: Max Pacioretty for Little/Zetterberg/Spezza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
He scores half of his goals against non playoff teams plus he scores like 3-5 empty net goals not to mention he's terrible in the playoffs. He also can't pass and plays scared, so please tell me how he's underrated.

Goals against non-playoff teams are pointless since when?

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Even though Dallas doesn't need LW's of Montreal offered Patches for Spezza I'd do it in a second

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Ok just to clarify something, are you guys seriously saying no to Zetterberg-Pacioretty deal ?? Z is 36... Jesus Christ, Pacio can't have respect on this board it's insulting.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Of the 3 players in the OP...If Bergevin traded Pacioretty for any of those players 1 for 1..he should be fired immediately.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Little- No
Zetterberg- Value wise yes. But DET probably keeps Z, Patches isn't young enough to help the rebuild
Spezza- Value wise yes, but DAL needs the centerman more then the winger, so DAL declines. Also doubt Spezza would waive

wat? We have Seguin, Spezza, Hanzal, Faksa, Shore all as centers. We then also have Janmark who was a center until we had no space for him, Dickinson in the minors would has a shot at checking the roster is a C/LW and Cracknell can play C.

We are soo deep at C its pretty crazy and if this was offered I would easily jump all over this.

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
Patches-Hanzal-Janmark/Shore/Ritchie/Nichushkin in a year

Would be a great top 6

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
wat? We have Seguin, Spezza, Hanzal, Faksa, Shore all as centers. We then also have Janmark who was a center until we had no space for him, Dickinson in the minors would has a shot at checking the roster is a C/LW and Cracknell can play C.

We are soo deep at C its pretty crazy and if this was offered I would easily jump all over this.

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
Patches-Hanzal-Janmark/Shore/Ritchie/Nichushkin in a year

Would be a great top 6

Not a fan of Hanzal on a top 6, but yeah, that would be awesome for you guys.

Don't you prefer this:

Pacioretty-Seguin-Radulov
Janmark-Benn-Nichuskin/others you mentionned

I was just wondering how frequently is Benn used at C.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Bergevin would be assassinated if he traded Patches for Zetterberg

just awful value on all fronts for MTL

Zetterberg also likely to sharply decline in the next year or so and has negative value for his cap hit and term remaining

especially for one of the best 28 year old power forwards in the league

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
He scores half of his goals against non playoff teams plus he scores like 3-5 empty net goals not to mention he's terrible in the playoffs. He also can't pass and plays scared, so please tell me how he's underrated.

I couldn't find empty net goal stats by player, but the Habs as a team last season only scored 3 EN goals. I watched almost every Canadiens game, and can only recall Max getting one of these.

Any other stats you'd like to make up for us to refute?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I love Spezza, but as a Stars fan I would absolutely let him go for Pacioretty and then run lol. Value wise they aren't very close because of Spezzas age. If Spezza was still 28-30 then it would be fair straight up.

Skippy73

Oct 15, 2016
Bikini Bottom
Ok just to clarify something, are you guys seriously saying no to Zetterberg-Pacioretty deal ?? Z is 36... Jesus Christ, Pacio can't have respect on this board it's insulting.

If we trade Z our top three centers become Nielsen, Larkin, and Sheahan. Hell, we don't even know if Larkin can handle a full-time center job yet. Value-wise, yes Pacio holds lots more. But we don't need to get rid of our captain and 1C for another winger, especially one that will either command a huge raise or bolt in two years.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016

Yes. Easily. Because I'm actually paying attention to the state of the Wings team. It's not complicated and it has nothing to do with 'respect' for Pacioretty.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I couldn't find empty net goal stats by player, but the Habs as a team last season only scored 3 EN goals. I watched almost every Canadiens game, and can only recall Max getting one of these.

Any other stats you'd like to make up for us to refute?

In the last 5 years Patch is 2nd for empty net goals. He has 13 empty net goals in the last 5 years. Blake Wheeler is 1st with 16. Brand Marchand, Hossa, Turris and Colgliano are 3rd with 12. Tavares, Staal and Joe Thornton are 7th with 11. Backes and Patrick Kane 10th with 10. Crosby, Nash and Couture come at 12th with 9.

Those are all ****** players ;)

If you remove Patch empty net goals (but keep other players empty net goals) Patch comes at 11th for goals in the last 5 years with 143. If you remove the empty net goals to all players Patch comes at 5th in the last 5 years with 143 goals. Here's the top 5 with empty net goals removed for the last 5 years.

Ovy : 212 goals
Pavelski : 154 goals
Crosby : 150 goals
Kane : 149 goals
Patch : 143 goals

Somehow Patch is the only crappy player worth nothing in the list :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
In the last 5 years Patch is 2nd for empty net goals. He has 13 empty net goals in the last 5 years. Blake Wheeler is 1st with 16. Brand Marchand, Hossa, Turris and Colgliano are 3rd with 12. Tavares, Staal and Joe Thornton are 7th with 11. Backes and Patrick Kane 10th with 10. Crosby, Nash and Couture come at 12th with 9.

Those are all ****** players ;)

If you remove Patch empty net goals (but keep other players empty net goals) Patch comes at 11th for goals in the last 5 years with 143.

Im not even sure why someone would look at ENG as a negative stat. If theres an empty net, it generally means your coach trusts you in a 6 on 5 situation. That speaks to a players worth in and of itself.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
For those interested here's the top 5 in game winning goals for the last 5 years

Ovy : 40 goals
Patch : 34 goals
Carter : 33 goals
Pavelski : 30 goals
Marchand : 29 goals

Top 10 for 1st goal of the game

Ovy : 43 times 1st goal of the game
Marchand : 36 times
Toews : 33 times
Perry : 32 times
Crosby/Kane : 31 times
Parise : 30 times
Jagr/Pavelski/Patch : 29 times

Even strength goals last 5 years

Ovy : 118 goals
Patch : 113 goals
Crosby : 111 goals
Kane : 111 goals
Perry : 110 goals

Patch in the last 5 years is tied 19th for pk goals. Tied 20th for PP goals.

Last edited:

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
For those interested here's the top 5 in game winning goals for the last 5 years

Ovy : 40 goals
Patch : 34 goals
Carter : 33 goals
Pavelski : 30 goals
Marchand : 29 goals

Top 10 for 1st goal of the game

Ovy : 43 times 1st goal of the game
Marchand : 36 times
Toews : 33 times
Perry : 32 times
Crosby/Kane : 31 times
Parise : 30 times
Jagr/Pavelski/Patch : 29 times

Even strength goals last 5 years

Ovy : 118 goals
Patch : 113 goals
Crosby : 111 goals
Kane : 111 goals
Perry : 110 goals

Patch in the last 5 years is tied 19th for pk goals. Tied 20th for PP goals.

Now just let me know how many of those goals were scored against non playoff teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad