Confirmed with Link: Max Pacioretty for 2019 2nd rd, Nick Suzuki, and Tomas Tatar - UPDATE: Pacioretty extends 7m x 4

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Don't need him to take over games. We've got a few guys capable of that. All we need is a two way guy that can score goals. Don't think we're looking for a superstar, just a good 2nd line winger. Fairly certain we've got it.

If he takes over a few games, I won't complain.
Yeah I feel he's a good fit in Vegas. I was just quoting the above poster.

He used to dominate games back in 2011 ish with Cole at his side but he turned into a Perimeter player after Chara rang his bell. It's incredibly frustrating seeing how he plays the game now but he still has his shot and his speed. Get him the puck inispace and he'll bury.

Good trade for both teams.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Your name was never in question. :)

As a group, we went into a little poster versus poster stuff there, and due to that, you might think that was a response to you specifically, and I assure you that it really wasn't. You're a member of our group. The way you may have felt when you read my response is the reason we don't really want people going after each other personally here. We can have different opinions, we can have disagreements, but when it all washes out, we're all a part of the same group of people rooting on our team, and this is our place to do it on the internet.

It's not the first time this type of thing has happened, and it won't be the last, but we will, as a board, not devolve into the petty poster vs poster crap that we see on the majority of the other boards. We're a small enough group that we can control it, and we, as a group of fans, control what happens here. I think it's safe to say we, as a group, don't want personal fights. It's Hans Solo and my duty to try to stop it, but it's easy to stop when we all agree that we don't want it to happen in the first place.

Lots of commas, lots of everything in that statement, but it all boils down to the original (and only forum-specific) rule on this forum prior to the migration, which was:
Be Awesome To Each Other.

When I quoted a stupid movie to make that the only forum-specific rule here, I thought we had a lot of ****ty hockey in front of us. We didn't, and we don't. It still applies.

Be awesome to each other. We're all on the same team (and pretty much everyone except us hates us.)

Honestly, that's why I come here. I didn't like the main boards during playoff time because it got bad when saying anything. I don't hold anything against anyone here and enjoy everyone's contributions, whether I agree with this point or that one.

This was a jarring trade for me initially however because it signaled we are going all in for the next five years. It's a total change from where I thought we would be, even after last season. I don't think I would have chosen that route as our way from here, because of those great draft picks we gathered and the prospects we seemed to hit on so it took a bit to get on board with the change.

I'm not sure if we are quite there this early as a team but I think I'm ready to take that ride. Go get EK and let's have a team built for now, then!

Reactions: Supermassive

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
That doesn't sound like the Casperetty I know. Guy is invisible all game until he pots one. He won't be doing the dominating but if you can feed him the puck and work down low for him, he can poach goals. Vegas is a good fit but prepare to be frustrated.

He's like a Kessel with less skill but better 2 way game.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. The guy is an impact player, an elite goal scorer, plays a 200 foot game & kills penalties. Not too many guys in the current NHL fit that description.

I'm glad the Knights took him off your hands so you won't have to get frustrated watching him going forward. It's a win-win for everyone. :thumbu:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Patches will be rejuvenated and I think it's slowly dawning on Hab fans that Vegas has skating puck moving D who can get him the puck, in addition to his linemates. (and that Patches will distribute to guys like Stastny, Tuch, Glass etc)
He'll remember what it's like to play with guys like Markov, yet at the same time he'll discover what it's like to play with guys like Stastny for a full season.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
This is already getting stale. I'm with the other guys who want the old twitter dude back!
It's a twitter account. Dan would have done the same thing.

We're normal on the twitter account scale now, at least it's not something for trolls to troll on anymore.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Jesus, the team really went all out making MaxPac feel welcomed. Nothing but a positive. I was saying on the main boards Max will probably go from one situation of toxicity where people were throwing the kitchen sink at him for Montreal's failures, to a place where the fans are gonna worship him, but the team did great work to give him a hero's welcome.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Max in a much better place mentally and super motivated to start the year.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
It's a twitter account. Dan would have done the same thing.

We're normal on the twitter account scale now, at least it's not something for trolls to troll on anymore.

Oh, I don't really care all that much, I was just piling on. I have no social media accounts, so the only time I see twitter posts are on forums like these. But it is getting a little stale. ;)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This is probably closer to what I feel about him but I still think I'm less negative than even this. I question things (which sometimes is mistaken as being negative) but am always willing to leave room for reassessment.

The Stastny deal was instantly praised by me, even if others had hesitation about the number. This Pacioretty deal is also well done to keep it at four years and a reasonable price point. Not as much of a fan of Reaves money or even Fleury's number. Didn't like the Tatar trade but then was fully on board to give him a chance this year.

He did well to horde picks at the expansion draft, though I don't know if some of that was from GMs overthinking the expansion draft a bit. Seattle will probably have a harder time of it, as more GMs will probably be like "just pick someone."

Side note to that, being the only team exempt from that draft, I hope McPhee pulls out a good value deal for the team considering theres 30 other teams and a few are bound to have good players they would like to get something for in a trade.

I guess maybe I'm not making myself completely clear here. Whatever degree of negativity you may harbor be it minuscule or grandiose, is fine in my book and I personally had no issues with your critiques of McPhee. I was defending your right to do so. The only issue any of us had was the escalating personal conflict you got embroiled in.

This is a perfectly acceptable forum for dissent until it reaches a point of near pseudo trolling and intentionally trashing the team as a whole. When that happens it becomes disruptive to the entire community. I don't think you're guilty of that at all. There's one individual in particular who I won't name who reached that level by constantly speaking ill of the team, players, and management because he didn't feel the team made the right picks in the expansion draft because he wanted them to be competitive, and he never returned here (to my knowledge) even as the team proved itself to be competitive.

But that diatribe aside, like BB said, our only interest in the situation that transpired is that we keep a baseline degree of respect for one another. The rest of the hockey world already hates us without us being at each other's throat. And your combatant in this case, seemingly just hasn't seen the full extent of true inter-fandom toxicity present in the hockey world. It's his right to take issue with your critiques, and it's your right to claim they're valid, but when things boil to personal level attacks, that's when there's a problem.

I think we're all in agreement here that we want this to be a respectful environment to cheer for and discuss this team that we've come to love.
Your name was never in question. :)

As a group, we went into a little poster versus poster stuff there, and due to that, you might think that was a response to you specifically, and I assure you that it really wasn't. You're a member of our group. The way you may have felt when you read my response is the reason we don't really want people going after each other personally here. We can have different opinions, we can have disagreements, but when it all washes out, we're all a part of the same group of people rooting on our team, and this is our place to do it on the internet.

It's not the first time this type of thing has happened, and it won't be the last, but we will, as a board, not devolve into the petty poster vs poster crap that we see on the majority of the other boards. We're a small enough group that we can control it, and we, as a group of fans, control what happens here. I think it's safe to say we, as a group, don't want personal fights. It's Hans Solo and my duty to try to stop it, but it's easy to stop when we all agree that we don't want it to happen in the first place.

Lots of commas, lots of everything in that statement, but it all boils down to the original (and only forum-specific) rule on this forum prior to the migration, which was:
Be Awesome To Each Other.

When I quoted a stupid movie to make that the only forum-specific rule here, I thought we had a lot of ****ty hockey in front of us. We didn't, and we don't. It still applies.

Be awesome to each other. We're all on the same team (and pretty much everyone except us hates us.)
+100

Reactions: Nevada Jones

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I’ll tell you this, hearing Patches talk about Vegas and how glowingly the Fleurys spoke of Vegas made me even more homesick for Las Vegas than missing all these practices.

Seattle is awesome and the climate and landscape pales in comparison to there, but I’m really missing Las Vegas right now.

I miss being the guy in the underdog city taking advantage of the awesomeness people don’t recognize or are too ignorant to recognize.

Last edited:

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I’ll tell you this, hearing Patches talk about Vegas and how glowingly the Fleurys spoke of Vegas made me even more homesick for Las Vegas than missing all these practices.

Seattle is awesome and the climate and landscape pales in comparison to here, but I’m really missing Las Vegas right now.

I miss being the guy in the underdog city taking advantage of the awesomeness people don’t recognize or are too ignorant to recognize.

Your syntax has me a little confused. I think you meant you prefer the climate of the northwest, is that correct? I assume so, since the natural beauty up there is so stunning.

Last edited:

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
You're syntax has me a little confused. I think you meant you prefer the climate of the northwest, is that correct? I assume so, since the natural beauty up there is so stunning.
Yeah, that's a mistake I'll fix now. I'm still in a place where I kind of think I'm in Vegas since I've still got the house and stuff there, yet I'm not.

Apparently, I even get confused mid-sentence. :laugh:

ETA: I've caught myself a few times talking about people coming to visit us and telling them that flights to Las Vegas are always cheap. Meanwhile, I actually live 1,000 plus miles away. Takes a while to not think of Las Vegas as my location after 20 years.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Sounds like sour grapes to me. The guy is an impact player, an elite goal scorer, plays a 200 foot game & kills penalties. Not too many guys in the current NHL fit that description.

I'm glad the Knights took him off your hands so you won't have to get frustrated watching him going forward. It's a win-win for everyone. :thumbu:

He's a very good player still but all I'm saying is he's not the guy you remember. He's very much become a streaky sniper.

Way back in 2011 l, patches was in fact the player you described. He was an absolute menace that would crash the net hard, grind in front of the net, battle in the corners and burn dmen to the outside. Cole,DD and he made for one of the best lines in the NHL. Seeing what hes become is what's so frustrating and I really hope you guys get the old version of patches.

I think a change in scenery along with an excellent coach who loves a speed and power game may bring back some of that intensity we saw from Max years ago.

Even if you get the new version, it's still a good trade for a team that's making a serious run. I love Mcphee's decisiveness here. Best of luck to you guys and to Max.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad