Confirmed with Link: Max Pacioretty for 2019 2nd rd, Nick Suzuki, and Tomas Tatar - UPDATE: Pacioretty extends 7m x 4

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
I watch it every night in my nightmares. Walking down the road and a horn beeps and I get flashbacks and collapse on the ground curl up in a ball in cry.

Well not quite... But I don't know if it is possibly to be drunk enough without dying to watch that 3rd period again.
I missed a lot of the PP as it was happening. First I looked away. Not good enough. So I went outside. And I kept hearing Mrs. Jones say "There's another one. There's another one..." :eek: :laugh:

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
Suzuki first line center would be perfect, Bill could take second center role, and Stephenson in top 6 doesn't have to be a thing.

Tatar's contract was looking rough though, he really found the perfect situation in MTL....

Hindsight.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Suzuki first line center would be perfect, Bill could take second center role, and Stephenson in top 6 doesn't have to be a thing.

Tatar's contract was looking rough though, he really found the perfect situation in MTL....

Hindsight.

Here's some more hindsight. That trade looks a lot better for Vegas if they send Glass instead of Suzuki.

rubco55

Feb 15, 2016
Toronto
Habs fan here.....I hated seeing Patches go, but the fact he went to the VGK made it easier....most Habs fan respect your team a lot. Early on, Tatar's contribution made it easier to accept Pacioretty's departure, but now we're really amazed by Suzuki and yesterday he entered the Mtl Canadiens record books.

Last edited:

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
on behalf of the other habs fan lurking on your board.

apologies for the previous post.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

Why apologize? You got a great trade here. Tatar couldn't perform in the role we put him in, and no one expected the kind of performance Suzuki is showing. You should be excited about this trade! I mean, we're pretty happy with Patches, and no one has a time machine.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Here's some more hindsight. That trade looks a lot better for Vegas if they send Glass instead of Suzuki.
Give Glass some time, he just hit over 40 games in the league. Suzuki has been given the chance to play as much as 17:43 on average last year to Glass at 13:32 as well as playing with higher end players.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Give Glass some time, he just hit over 40 games in the league. Suzuki has been given the chance to play as much as 17:43 on average last year to Glass at 13:32 as well as playing with higher end players.

Glass is very much a victim of team success. I'm afraid he might already be overcooked.

rubco55

Feb 15, 2016
Toronto

Really? My post was respectful, informative, telling them they have a player I've always loved.
Your post?....well, if it walks like a duck....

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Habs fan here.....I hated seeing Patches go, but the fact he went to the VGK made it easier....most Habs fan respect your team a lot. Early on, Tatar's contribution made it easier to accept Pacioretty's departure, but now we're really amazed by Suzuki and yesterday he entered the Mtl Canadiens record books.

Tbh I never wanted to trade Suzuki and believed in his potential.

Having said that, it's probably the best thing for his career that he got out of here with our management.

There's no way he would develop like he is now if he was under us. We would never let him grow and learn and make mistakes and get better on our roster, he would be bounced back and forth between scratched, AHL and NHL as we prioritized not losing lower potential prospects or some cap issue.

And if Glass was the one traded I wouldn't be surprised if he were doing better.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
If the trade didn't happen management would have signed Hoffman for the $7m Max gets and subsequently had to juggle players so he could get a few games in. Maddening what these GMs do. MAF playing like a star is just more fodder for the thinking that they have no plan and just throw stuff up at the wall and see if it works. Or they have a meddling owner who tells them DO SOMETHING every other day and this is what you get.

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
Really? My post was respectful, informative, telling them they have a player I've always loved.
Your post?....well, if it walks like a duck....

Nothing wrong with loving the guy, and being pumped, and wanting to share your enthusiasm.... just a time and a place my man.

Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot, and this happened on our board.

Anyways I'm off to eat some quackers.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
If the trade didn't happen management would have signed Hoffman for the $7m Max gets and subsequently had to juggle players so he could get a few games in. Maddening what these GMs do. MAF playing like a star is just more fodder for the thinking that they have no plan and just throw stuff up at the wall and see if it works. Or they have a meddling owner who tells them DO SOMETHING every other day and this is what you get.

I think this is something that hasn't been picked up on by our lame local writers. Jesse has his head so far up Flowers ass & the same with Sinbin in Foleys posterior, they wouldn't dare speculate about this. If this was any NYC team, the NY Post would've been all over this angle by now. Or at least speculated & followed up on.

Foley made it abundantly clear he expects a Cup within six years when previous expansion teams historically struggled to make the playoffs for their first 4-6 years. With the way Foley treats his STHs, why would anyone think he isn't constantly meddling, super impatient & overtly greedy. He obviously didn't become a billionaire by being cordial & patient, so why would Foley run this particular business any differently than his others? Anyone here a member of his wine club? Those emails spam my inbox at a rate of least 5 per day.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I think this is something that hasn't been picked up on by our lame local writers. Jesse has his head so far up Flowers ass & the same with Sinbin in Foleys posterior, they wouldn't dare speculate about this. If this was any NYC team, the NY Post would've been all over this angle by now. Or at least speculated & followed up on.

Foley made it abundantly clear he expects a Cup within six years when previous expansion teams historically struggled to make the playoffs for their first 4-6 years. With the way Foley treats his STHs, why would anyone think he isn't constantly meddling, super impatient & overtly greedy. He obviously didn't become a billionaire by being cordial & patient, so why would Foley run this particular business any differently than his others? Anyone here a member of his wine club? Those emails spam my inbox at a rate of least 5 per day.

Semantics but Foley isn't a billionaire.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Last edited:
Reactions: Vegan Knight

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Not sure how accurate that is. Maybe not officially on paper as an individual, but I think his true net worth is kept under wraps with the way his businesses are structured.

Edit...This article claims his worth is 1.4B

Serial Dealmaker and Master of Payouts Shows Why SPACs Appeal

I've read a few that pegged him around 850M, I remember because I thought it was weird he was one of the poorest NHL owners. But that was months ago.

However, you're probably right that he is most likely very adept at keeping his personal wealth a murky number few could be confident estimating, but it's probably higher than what many would report.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad