Confirmed with Link: Max Pacioretty for 2019 2nd rd, Nick Suzuki, and Tomas Tatar - UPDATE: Pacioretty extends 7m x 4

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Of course they are streaky, but when Max is cold it's not just that he isn't scoring...he's generally doing absolutely nothing useful out there during his cold streaks. He earned the nickname 'floating captain' amongst our fanbase for a reason in recent seasons.
idk when he wasn't producing for us he was generating a lot of shots, & has been great on the forecheck.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Of course they are streaky, but when Max is cold it's not just that he isn't scoring...he's generally doing absolutely nothing useful out there during his cold streaks. He earned the nickname 'floating captain' amongst our fanbase for a reason in recent seasons.

Never heard that, it's made up. Not sure why you're here bashing a Vegas player on the Vegas board as well, there's an out of town thread on our habs board. I guess if it strokes your ego, why not.

I'm also a habs fan btw

Reactions: theslatcher

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Never heard that, it's made up. Not sure why you're here bashing a Vegas player on the Vegas board as well, there's an out of town thread on our habs board. I guess if it strokes your ego, why not.

I'm also a habs fan btw
Googled it and only showed up 2 sbhatt posts(one which he then said he'd thank a guy if he punched Patches in the face...) and 1 random tweet who might have written it to refer to having no captain.

Happy that Patches has gotten going finally production-wise & that Tatar has done great for the Habs as he never was able to find his game in Vegas.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Googled it and only showed up 2 sbhatt posts(one which he then said he'd thank a guy if he punched Patches in the face...) and 1 random tweet who might have written it to refer to having no captain.

Happy that Patches has gotten going finally production-wise & that Tatar has done great for the Habs as he never was able to find his game in Vegas.

Doesn't sound like you're happy he's doing well, you sound a little pathetic coming here and downplaying the floating captain during his time of success tbh.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Doesn't sound like you're happy he's doing well, you sound a little pathetic coming here and downplaying the floating captain during his time of success tbh.
I guess you assumed I was sbhatt, who's the one who came here talking shit about Max, calling him the "floating captain", etc. because I quoted you?

I'm a Vegas fan who wants Max to keep rolling, as we've been needing our forwards to get it going(minus the meat grinder line as they have always been A+)

Reactions: Supermassive

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I guess you assumed I was sbhatt, who's the one who came here talking **** about Max, calling him the "floating captain", etc. because I quoted you?

I'm a Vegas fan who wants Max to keep rolling, as we've been needing our forwards to get it going(minus the meat grinder line as they have always been A+)

my b

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

Do you also call Carey Price the "Bloated Goalie" since he signed that deal & can't stop a beach ball?

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I've watched him play a lot of hockey, and this is what he normally does...looks like a 50 goal scorer for 6-8 games, then looks like a 4th liner for 6-8 games.

Good day, sir,

I'm normally not much of a spelling Nazi, but in regards to your screen name, I couldn't help but notice that you've spelled "asshat" wrong.

He's not looked like a fourth liner at any time during his cold scoring streak. works the boards as hard as anyone, hasn't shown the fear of being hit that habs fans seem to love clowning about. His problem was a line problem, not a Max problem, and the line has started to get it together.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I don't think Pacioretty scoring goals has been in doubt. I think it was clear he would start at some point.

My issue would probably be that he's going to be the highest paid player on the team and he isn't the type of player who can drive a line and needs to rely on linemates to help him get going.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
I have a strong dislike for fans of other teams trying to keep their "fanbase take" on a player going in a new location with a different fan base. It strikes me as petty and irritates me to no end.

Patches is going to do a lot of great things in Vegas. I like how he's come in here and busted his rear end doing everything the staff wants of him, and I think not only will that continue, but he'll improve as a player here. Far as I'm concerned his ex-team haters can suck it. Their worst fears are probably going to come true, i.e. him finding a new level of success with us.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I don't think Pacioretty scoring goals has been in doubt. I think it was clear he would start at some point.

My issue would probably be that he's going to be the highest paid player on the team and he isn't the type of player who can drive a line and needs to rely on linemates to help him get going.

He can drive a line in the regular season. I mean he did 37 goals and 67 points playing with David Desharnais and Dale Weise ... What remains to be seen is if can he drive a line in playoffs.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Habs fan in peace.

When the trade happened I posted here that you had gotten a good player who will score for you. We needed to let him go because of our circumstances.

I am guessing there was some anxiety for a bit for you, but now you see what Patches can do offensively.

Anyway, glad to see he is putting the puck in the net, hopefully it's a win - win for both teams.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
anyone know if he gonna be out long term or not?
Every VGK injury is a secret for some reason.

Luckily, Las Vegas is the front line of sports wagering, so hopefully we transition into the team being less secretive with injuries.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
anyone know if he gonna be out long term or not?

If i was a betting man, i say in the neighborhood of 6 to 12 weeks...I have seen his past knee injuries(in Mtl)..and when i seen the video the other night i said that's bad news...

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
Great playoff from Pacioretty. It was definitely the best playoff of his career. Too bad he wasn't able to get that energy going with the habs. I'm still struck by that 3rd period seriously... Best of luck for next year!

Reactions: Nevada Jones

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Great playoff from Pacioretty. It was definitely the best playoff of his career. Too bad he wasn't able to get that energy going with the habs. I'm still struck by that 3rd period seriously... Best of luck for next year!

Patches has definitely proven to be a core piece going forward. He's built some great chemistry with Stas and Stone.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Patches has definitely proven to be a core piece going forward. He's built some great chemistry with Stas and Stone.
He wasn't exactly at his best in Game 7 if you watch, I remember saying something like "f***ing Patches" at least 4 times in the 3rd and OT, but he's definitely core and I don't think it's got anything to do with his reputation.

Someday I'll get enough alcohol to watch the third period and OT again, but I recall he was a little suspect.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
He wasn't exactly at his best in Game 7 if you watch, I remember saying something like "****ing Patches" at least 4 times in the 3rd and OT, but he's definitely core and I don't think it's got anything to do with his reputation.

Someday I'll get enough alcohol to watch the third period and OT again, but I recall he was a little suspect.
I watch it every night in my nightmares. Walking down the road and a horn beeps and I get flashbacks and collapse on the ground curl up in a ball in cry.

Well not quite... But I don't know if it is possibly to be drunk enough without dying to watch that 3rd period again.

Reactions: MrLouniverse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad