Confirmed with Link: Max Pacioretty for 2019 2nd rd, Nick Suzuki, and Tomas Tatar - UPDATE: Pacioretty extends 7m x 4

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
I strongly suggest you go back to our own board and make yourself forgotten. You make all of us Habs fans look bad when you go to another board and post ridiculous nonsense like this, especially with a sample size of 6 games.

Sorry about this Vegas.

Ah, a Max apologist...one of those that always excused away his blatantly obvious shortcomings.
He was a floater, a pouter who shut down when things weren't going his way, and couldn't lead flies to manure.
I strongly suggest you extract your head from your pom-pom waving fanboy derriere.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Ah, a Max apologist...one of those that always excused away his blatantly obvious shortcomings.
He was a floater, a pouter who shut down when things weren't going his way, and couldn't lead flies to manure.
I strongly suggest you extract your head from your pom-pom waving fanboy derriere.

There is an etiquette on boards like this, which has nothing to do with being a pro-Max or not. If you want to post this kind of message, there is actually a Tatar thread on the main board to do so.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
If you could leave your little Hab board drama off ours, that would be great.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
If you could leave your little Hab board drama off ours, that would be great.

Wasn't looking for this...Paddy stirred it up. I only posted here to see what Vegas fans felt so far after watching Max play 6 games...was curious to see if their observations about his game were the same as what I saw over the past 2 seasons.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Okay, enough. Call it generosity that those posts are still up. You wanna ask us our impressions? Fine. Stirring up shit over some perceived failure by our team's management is against the rules and having in thread drama over it is not what this forum is for. Enough already.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Okay, enough. Call it generosity that those posts are still up. You wanna ask us our impressions? Fine. Stirring up **** over some perceived failure by our team's management is against the rules and having in thread drama over it is not what this forum is for. Enough already.
Yep.

Please keep the Habs drama out of here.

If Tatar can change his ways leaving here, it’s very possible Max can change his ways coming here. What has happened in the past doesn’t matter.

Perhaps taking the weight of Montreal off his back will make him what he should be.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Max Pacioretty: in 6 games, has 1 goal, 0 assists, and is a -3

Tomas Tatar: in 5 games, has 3 goals, 4 assists, and is a +4

Could not be happier as a Habs fan with the trade even straight-up, let alone having scored Suzuki and a 2nd rounder. Max was always infuriatingly lazy...a guy who did absolutely nothing productive for long stretches in between hot streaks. Tatar so far skates hard consistently, and isn't afraid to cut to the slot and battle to the front of the net...areas Max shies away from more often than not. It's early...but...I predict many of you will grow to hate him, especially since the Knights built that amazing season on a fast-paced game that had them outworking their opponents by a fair margin most nights.

I like the Vegas team, so I hope Max is not a disaster for you...but I have seen enough of his act to know he plays infuriatingly badly for significant stretches. I was pissed, after he FINALLY was traded away, that he got traded to one of the teams I like to watch.

Damn...maybe the habs mods should be moderating this thread on top of the habs board for trolls/bait posts :laugh:

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Damn...maybe the habs mods should be moderating this thread on top of the habs board for trolls/bait posts :laugh:
nah. We (Vegas mods) made a decision a year or two ago to give outsiders a little more rope to hang themselves here than other boards. Though, that's definitely subject to review. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Natey

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Some older players do have the tendency to show up & go 100% when there are important games. If Max can help us win the tough games to get in the playoffs and use his experience to help us there it will be worth it. Just annoys to lose your favorite players (even if they aren't good players). It might be good for Suzuki to get in to the Canadiens organization tho, He reminds me of Saku Koivu with his low ego and intellect. I'm thinking he might excel there with those traits.

Milamberkf

May 6, 2018
Darwin, Australia
Honestly Max hasn't been too good or too bad, he's had a few decent chances but is getting pressured alot (side effect of teams trying to imitate Caps in finals haha).
Gotta take into account the follwing
1 - New Team (Playstyle, Linemates, Expectations)
2 - Second Line is pretty unstable Statsny injury, Not quite clicking with Haula, Hyka being Brought in and Tuch probably coming in soon

Give him some time once the line gets a bit more stable i think the results will come

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Until Stazz returns, there will be no accurate way to measure Patchy's impact. Happy to see Tatar succeeding in Montreal. I liked him here, he just didn't fit.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Honestly Max hasn't been too good or too bad, he's had a few decent chances but is getting pressured alot (side effect of teams trying to imitate Caps in finals haha).
Gotta take into account the follwing
1 - New Team (Playstyle, Linemates, Expectations)
2 - Second Line is pretty unstable Statsny injury, Not quite clicking with Haula, Hyka being Brought in and Tuch probably coming in soon

Give him some time once the line gets a bit more stable i think the results will come

Max has been attacking the boards, including leveling and taking hits, something Habs fans have said he refuses to do since the Chara hit rung his bell. I think he's gonna be fine. Neil contributed to success last year, but he wasn't Alpha in every game. The only close thing to a constant Alpha has been Fleury.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
You will discover that stats alone don't really tell the story with Pacioretty. He puts up numbers over a season but is among the most streaky players in the league. Once he starts scoring, it will be in bunches.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Wasn't looking for this...Paddy stirred it up. I only posted here to see what Vegas fans felt so far after watching Max play 6 games...was curious to see if their observations about his game were the same as what I saw over the past 2 seasons.
Max played with Radulov 2 seasons ago and had a great year, let’s give him time to settle in.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
So all we need is Radulov. McDavid would be a decent get, too.
Lol, Max will be fine

MaxPac-Stasny-??????

Who is on the right wing? A great passer/hustler would be optimal..

And it would be fantastic to have a great PMD at LD to feed him up the ice, Max scores most of his goals off of the rush.

Give him some PP but that is not where he scores his goals, he’s a 5 on 5 scorer, and also a great penalty killer, he can get lots of breakaways on the PK like he used to do with Plekanec.

He’s never had a center close to as good as Stasny so hopefully he can maintain a 30+ goal average. He needs his linemates and his D-men to look for him when he’s open, he’s not a great passer and can make bad passes if he has too much time with the puck or if passing the puck around on the PP. Just get him the puck on the Rush where he can use his speed to get up the ice and get a good shot off, or look for him to be open at the perfect time for him to use his wrist shot, snap shot or slap shot. He needs a playmaking grinder on his RW as well.

I have watched Max play his entire career and this is my assessment. I think he will do very well if he is used properly.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
The boys at Sinbin deconstructed a Pacioretty interview on their most recent podcast. Essentially, Max said that the situation is tough because both his linemates are hurt. That led them, and now me, to think that the plan all along was to have that 2nd line as: Pacioretty-Stastny-Tuch. If that's how they came into the season, I can see how it's kind of rough going for this initial while.

He also said he's never been in this developing chemistry situation before, which they then trashed, rightfully.

It's worth a listen if you guys subscribe. The Max stuff comes pretty early in the podcast.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Habs fan here, and always was a fan of Max. He will get his goals, tough start sure but he will go on a streak and put up 8 in 10 and will get his 30-35. Tatar has had instant chemistry in MTL, Max will find some and even if he doesn’t he can basically score goals with any linemates as long as he gets his minutes. Lots more of this story to be told.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
After deleting a few, I think it’s safe to say that nobody here wants to hear from negative ass Habs fans here anymore. I know you’re all very excited because it seems like Bergevin may have won a trade, but we don’t care.

Stick to your board or the main boards.

Gracias.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Spoiler alert:
He didn't win the trade though. Max will be eating poutine out of the Stanley Cup within 3 years.

In3H5Wj.jpg

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Lol, Max will be fine

He’s never had a center close to as good as Stasny so hopefully he can maintain a 30+ goal average. He needs his linemates and his D-men to look for him when he’s open, he’s not a great passer and can make bad passes if he has too much time with the puck or if passing the puck around on the PP. Just get him the puck on the Rush where he can use his speed to get up the ice and get a good shot off, or look for him to be open at the perfect time for him to use his wrist shot, snap shot or slap shot. He needs a playmaking grinder on his RW as well.

I have watched Max play his entire career and this is my assessment. I think he will do very well if he is used properly.

The current line mates are not known to play very defensive hockey. The D isn't exactly an A-class defensively solid either.

I wish we had a playmaking grinder to spare :( .

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The current line mates are not known to play very defensive hockey. The D isn't exactly an A-class defensively solid either.

I wish we had a playmaking grinder to spare :( .

Wait what? Nosek, Haula, Stastny, Pacioretty and even Tuch are decent-excellent 2 way forwards. +/- can be a very misleading stat.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Wait what? Nosek, Haula, Stastny, Pacioretty and even Tuch are decent-excellent 2 way forwards. +/- can be a very misleading stat.

Nosek and Haula are decent at best, and it definitely comes in the expense of offense (especially with Haula who likes his changes very short). Stast and Tuch are not in the lineup, but they are good 2-way guys. Like mentioned, I was talking about the current situation.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Don't worry you guys, as I told you back around the end of september, Max is a pathological slow starter. He'll be filling the net by the end of november.

Reactions: TRG and Vegas Mac

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad