Player Discussion Max Pacioretty discussion part VII: Maximus Decimus Tradius Valus

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
But I didn't say that. Was just replying to your post about the Habs said it, hence it's true. I commented on the news I had seen, which is the french version. If I would have seen both, I would have said it. The first time I saw the Ron Francis tweet is you showing it to me.

To be fair the Francis post was 4 posts later in this thread...

It wasn’t exactly hidden.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I'll gladly admit I'm far from a marketing/PR expert but...

Just promote the event on the team's website, and somewhere in there say the team will be there to support the team's captain charity event like every year.
There's nothing cryptic about encouraging your captain's philanthropic endeavors.

Their response today was appropriate, but they can be more proactive than that.

It all depends. Did they promote it last year or before that?

I don’t think so, why now?

I’m all for hand promoting charities though so not hating.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
lol at anyone that’s surprised by that teeet being BS. I called this. Typical French media BS riling **** up. This is why I want the Nordiques back.

Sure, get a team even further away from English-speaking folks.. that should cut the French media BS :sarcasm:

Reactions: ArtPeur

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What are the chances Patch gets re-signed? I know there is a lot of talk about moving him and the rumor of the Habs telling him he won't be re signed but something tells me there is still a small chance we extend him. Especially if we are not able to get a good return.

Would 6 years at $8M be fair? Just curious about what Patch wants if he was to return to Montreal next year.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
lol at anyone that’s surprised by that teeet being BS. I called this. Typical French media BS riling **** up. This is why I want the Nordiques back.

Quebec's radio is probably worse than Montreal's (not talking about music). Then you have Videotron who will own TVA-Sports, Journal de Montréal/Québec and the Nords. Talk about fun times and **** stories

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
What are the chances Patch gets re-signed? I know there is a lot of talk about moving him and the rumor of the Habs telling him he won't be re signed but something tells me there is still a small chance we extend him. Especially if we are not able to get a good return.

Would 6 years at $8M be fair? Just curious about what Patch wants if he was to return to Montreal next year.
10%...

Pure guess

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

The chances tend towards zero.

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
I’m sure I read somewhere that an ex Hab has said they were told not to go to Subban’s charity evens (Dale Weise?). Also if Pacioretty hated Subban that much why would he invite him to his wedding?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
If anything Therrien is the one who screwed with the dynamics of the lockeroom. What happens when a group is run by a bully?

Therrien is indeed not a sharp tactician. And he over-relied on Desharnais while giving Galchenyuk and often Eller a hard time.

But the team worked harder under Therrien, 95% of the time, than it does under Julien. And as much as fans thought Therrien suppressed offence, Julien is worse.

Even Galchenyuk for instance, got to 30 goals at age 22 under Therrien, and he played center more under Therrien than under Clod. Until Anze Kopitar took out his knee, Chucky was near the league lead in scoring the year AFTER his 30 goal season! Radulov was more productive under Therrien than Julien. Pacioretty had his worst season in 8 years under Julien. Danault had his best offensive games under Therrien.

All this is not to say that Therrien should be our coach today. His flaws were HUGE and he was well past his "best-before" date. But my point is to show folks how desperately horrible Claude Julien has been for the team, that he is actually doing worse than a coach who was as limited as Michel Therrien.

Marc Bergevin is right. The team had an attitude problem last year. Change the GM and Coach, and the attitude will have a strong chance to turn around, and for results to improve, starting with the Captain!

Reactions: sandviper

Benjamin Dobert

Aug 8, 2018
Yeah, I'm sure Tavares went to Toronto for the "support"...

deflecting the responsability on the fans is bull****

Yeah, well I'm sick of the lack of respect throughout sports both from players and the fans. Fans aren't invincible to flak if they sound like little whiners who don't get their own way...or when things aren't perfect the way they want it. So yeah, piss on that.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
If he can return a good young winger or LHD and a pick I’d be happy,

Comtois
Robertson

Get a big winger with some skill for the future

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Maxy is a Hab for one more year,
All will say at the deadline he is gone, but we know that will never happen.
A whole year of guessing and threads, and no sale.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Maxy is a Hab for one more year,
All will say at the deadline he is gone, but we know that will never happen.
A whole year of guessing and threads, and no sale.
And another whole year of him floating. I bet he won't even swear ONCE to the press!

He will be with us most if the year if not all of it and will wear the "C".

Look out Brian Gionta, maxy is on your heels and coming on strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad