Max Domi

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
New team, no training camp or preseason plus covid protocols messing with anything that resembles normal.

This.

I think us fans expecting anything resembling “normal”, let alone great or excellent, is insane right now. I’m just so glad we have hockey to watch. I appreciate what these players, coaches, staff, and the league is doing.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
While we're in the "excuses for Domi" department - Domi is in that category of player that feeds off of the crowd. He needs to find other ways to play with emotion while we're waiting for fans to come back.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
While we're in the "excuses for Domi" department - Domi is in that category of player that feeds off of the crowd. He needs to find other ways to play with emotion while we're waiting for fans to come back.
Paging Nick Foligno’s “crazy eyes” - where is that man and those eyes?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

No offense but that’s such a massive excuse. The guy grew up and didn’t play in front of massive crowds until he was in juniors. This isn’t foreign to him, or anyone.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
No offense but that’s such a massive excuse. The guy grew up and didn’t play in front of massive crowds until he was in juniors. This isn’t foreign to him, or anyone.

It is super foreign. To not have thousands of fans in the seats for the first time since you were 15? That's a very different vibe. Players aren't all motivated by the same thing. There are some players around the league, often the scrappers (Kassian and Bennett, for example), that look lost right now.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
It is super foreign. To not have thousands of fans in the seats for the first time since you were 15? That's a very different vibe. Players aren't all motivated by the same thing. There are some players around the league, often the scrappers (Kassian and Bennett, for example), that look lost right now.

If he’s experienced it before, it’s not that foreign. He should have gotten used to it by now. It’s a bailout for performing badly. I can understand it at the start of the year if you weren’t in the bubble, but he was, so he’s got no leeway anymore.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If he’s experienced it before, it’s not that foreign. He should have gotten used to it by now. It’s a bailout for performing badly. I can understand it at the start of the year if you weren’t in the bubble, but he was, so he’s got no leeway anymore.

I don't think it is a "bailout" for anyone. When you explain why someone sucks it doesn't mean that they don't actually suck. It is obviously his responsibility to find that inner fire to replace the fans, that isn't contradicted by the fact that there are some players around the league who still haven't figured that out yet.

Reactions: Viqsi

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
He’s on pace for 21 points in 56 games which would be his worst season ever.

Anderson already has more goals than Domi points.

What can jump start Max production?

Reactions: HabsAddict

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
He’s on pace for 21 points in 56 games which would be his worst season ever.

Anderson already has more goals than Domi points.

What can jump start Max production?

Playing Max with Roslovic and Laine, maybe.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I think all O.K. Montreal plays more attack hockey plus Canadian Division isn't so hard. Max constantly changes the lines, the position, and Torts' system is completely different. In addition, the division is very hard, Dallas and Tampa, two Stanley Cup finalists, Chicago is not weak in any way, Carolina is gradually gaining momentum again to be a top team, Florida was played, in general, there were always good players, why they could not get into PO is a mystery. Nashville has a good team too.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008

I don't think it is a "bailout" for anyone. When you explain why someone sucks it doesn't mean that they don't actually suck. It is obviously his responsibility to find that inner fire to replace the fans, that isn't contradicted by the fact that there are some players around the league who still haven't figured that out yet.

Why don't we just call the excuse "global pandemic and everything that goes with it" ? Shit's weird right now, not just the lack of fans.

Reactions: Moch Daear

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
He hasnt done much points, but he is giving everything what he can. His offensive ability is something what we dont have, he doesnt have linemates with same brainlines. If and Bjorky can find eachother it could be lethal, Domi is great passer with great hands. He is smiling in every game that tells something. I like this guy

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
He isn’t impressing.

nope. not one bit. we’re now nearly a third of the way into the season. At some point we just have to be brutally honest with ourselves and realize that the Domi-Anderson trade was an absolute swing and miss. It’s a bummer too. I had high hopes for Domi to resurge his game. It hasn’t happened and doesn’t look like it will, at least any time soon. It’s frustrating because you can see the potential he has but he can’t seem to get out of his own way on the ice. Constantly trying to force the puck to an area that is entirely covered. He’s also extremely weak along the boards, which has surprised me. I’ll give his season a solid C- on the season, and that’s being quite generous.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He hasnt done much points, but he is giving everything what he can. His offensive ability is something what we dont have, he doesnt have linemates with same brainlines. If and Bjorky can find eachother it could be lethal, Domi is great passer with great hands. He is smiling in every game that tells something. I like this guy

I've never really seen that.

When he is really going and moving his feet he can make things happen, but from a standstill I don't think he is a good playmaker. Some players can find passing lanes between legs and sticks, but that's not Domi.

nope. not one bit. we’re now nearly a third of the way into the season. At some point we just have to be brutally honest with ourselves and realize that the Domi-Anderson trade was an absolute swing and miss. It’s a bummer too. I had high hopes for Domi to resurge his game. It hasn’t happened and doesn’t look like it will, at least any time soon. It’s frustrating because you can see the potential he has but he can’t seem to get out of his own way on the ice. Constantly trying to force the puck to an area that is entirely covered. He’s also extremely weak along the boards, which has surprised me. I’ll give his season a solid C- on the season, and that’s being quite generous.

C- ?

That's very generous.

At this point I'm fine with dumping Domi and moving on. Maybe if we keep him he'll eventually turn out okay, maybe make the trade look like less of a disaster. But this team has a lot of issues to work through and I don't think we have time for Domi.

Reactions: Bookker

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Domi is a frustrating player, looks like he has the skills/tools to produce, but struggles defensively and doesn’t compensate for those struggles on offense. I hope he finds his game in Columbus, but I think what you see is what you get.

Bookker

Sep 17, 2010

When he is really going and moving his feet he can make things happen, but from a standstill I don't think he is a good playmaker. Some players can find passing lanes between legs and sticks, but that's not Domi.

I totally do agree with that, from what I've seen so far.

The only reason he is still in the top6 is because Torts/Jarmo want to get him going and hope he will click with someone, just like Atkinson.
Maybe to trade him at some point or whatever.

But the magic is clearly not happening, and I don't really see how it could change honestly (with that system).

Reactions: majormajor

Vapaatunnus

Feb 2, 2021
Some players can find passing lanes between legs and sticks, but that's not Domi.
You mean like this :P

upload_2021-2-17_10-28-57.png

upload_2021-2-17_10-29-51.png

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
System and a player are not a match. I could have told you this when the trade happened. Trade and move on, or get a new coach.

After his experience in Montreal, he needs a coach who is going to build him up, not one that he is worried about getting benched if he makes a mistake.

He is actually an amazing passer. He has to use his speed more and go to the net and shoot more. Wants to dangle fandangle too much.

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
System and a player are not a match. I could have told you this when the trade happened. Trade and move on, or get a new coach.

After his experience in Montreal, he needs a coach who is going to build him up, not one that he is worried about getting benched if he makes a mistake.

He is actually an amazing passer. He has to use his speed more and go to the net and shoot more. Wants to dangle fandangle too much.

I have been saying our system is not friendly for offense minded player. The spacing is difficult and the lanes are congested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad