Max Domi vs Vincent Trocheck

Domi or Trocheck

• Total voters

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
This season was Domi easily. Trocheck had an awful year and Domi had a great one. If Tro plays like this again after his gruesome injury ill take Domi everyday even if he is a piece of garbage.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Domi having a career year over a guy who wasnt able to overcome the injury bug this year. Both similar in age. I take Trocheck assuming he can get healthy for next year.

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010
Eh Domi is 2 years younger and just broke out in a huge way, becoming the point leader on a playoff-bubble team. I'm happy to choose him.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Domi. He's nearly two years younger than Trochek and is putting up similar numbers. Trochek's 75 point season was his D+7 and this year was Domi's D+6. He's only growing so I could see Domi flirting with the 80 point mark next year. Domi is also a real competitor. He's someone I want on my side when I'm going to war. I wouldn't trade Domi for Trochek to put it otherwise.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Domi was 13th in ES scoring last year. 61 of his 72 points were scored at ES. If he had been on a team with a good PP, he would've easily gotten 85 points.

Reactions: Dominance

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Domi's "breakout" was driven by a huge boost in OiSH and personal Sh% at even strength last year. He'll probably regress to 50-55~ish points.

Trochek is a much better volume offense generator and better player.

Reactions: bh53 and Paul4587

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Domi's "breakout" was driven by a huge boost in OiSH and personal Sh% at even strength last year. He'll probably regress to 50-55~ish points.

Trochek is a much better volume offense generator and better player.

He's an interesting one though because his underlying numbers came down a lot over the course of the year from his hot start but his production stayed pretty similar. He ended up with an 11.5% on ice shooting percentage at ES, but it wasn't that much higher than his 10.4% the year before and on-ice shooting was trending up league wide.

His personal shooting percentage went up a lot but it was also unusually low for a forward previously so his 13.8 wasn't overly high in general. It's possible he's improved his shot selection enough to maintain a higher shooting percentage in the 11-12 range.

I think he's definitely in line for regression, but I don't know if it'll be that hard. I could still see him in the 60-65 range

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Domi. He's nearly two years younger than Trochek and is putting up similar numbers. Trochek's 75 point season was his D+7 and this year was Domi's D+6. He's only growing so I could see Domi flirting with the 80 point mark next year. Domi is also a real competitor. He's someone I want on my side when I'm going to war. I wouldn't trade Domi for Trochek to put it otherwise.

As is Trocheck. Many fans believed he should have been our captain. I was not one of them btw.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
He's an interesting one though because his underlying numbers came down a lot over the course of the year from his hot start but his production stayed pretty similar. He ended up with an 11.5% on ice shooting percentage at ES, but it wasn't that much higher than his 10.4% the year before and on-ice shooting was trending up league wide.

His personal shooting percentage went up a lot but it was also unusually low for a forward previously so his 13.8 wasn't overly high in general. It's possible he's improved his shot selection enough to maintain a higher shooting percentage in the 11-12 range.

I think he's definitely in line for regression, but I don't know if it'll be that hard. I could still see him in the 60-65 range

His 5v5 production will decrease for sure, but I could see him being a 70 pt player again this season if MTL's power play improves, as it probably should. Probably won't be top 10-15, but MTL has too much forward talent imo for that power play to be as terrible as it was last year again.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I like Trochek here for his 2-way play. He brings a lot to the overall game, and had a down year due to injury. While Domi had a great year, I expect him to regress a little, but I would not fault anyone for choosing him in this.

Reactions: Gravity

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
I disagree with your opinion
Domi has a 14.67% on-ice shooting percentage and a pdo of 104.28. It 5v5 production is bound to regress. I do think he can sustain 1st scoring rate similar to Pettersson who 5v5 scoring rate will also take a step back. Both produced over 2 p/60 and p1/60 at 5v5 with unsustainable underlying stats. However I do feel both players will still sustain 1st line production rate.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Domi scored 72 points last year. Trochek was on pace for 50 points. I don’t get it.

But we don't judge players off of 1 season. In just about every other season they have played, Trocheck has been the better player. If Trocheck is able to stay healthy, he should easily be able to hit those numbers again (if not more). Even if they both hit 75 points, Trocheck is a righty and better defensively. So that's probably why the majority is voting for Trocheck.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Domi scored 72 points last year. Trochek was on pace for 50 points. I don’t get it.

Trocheck was coming back from injury and didn't play at his best. He had 75 the year before, and was clearly better the two seasons before that as well. Domi also had inflated underlying numbers this year that suggest regression. Trocheck's also a better possession and defensive player. Domi had a better year, but it was his first year being better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad