Value of: Max Domi to Ottawa

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Maybe the teams could swap Max Domi for Colin White? Change of scenery for a couple of guys who are struggling to live up to their contracts.

I guess Columbus might not be thrilled with the extra years on White's deal.

?
Isn’t this the 1st year of White’s contract? Before he was hurt he was pacing for about 20g and 40pts...while playing less than 15min/average TOI with no PP time.

Reactions: BarberPole9

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
this all depends on what domi wants for an extension so I wouldnt do this until the offseason. His play is rebounding which is great for columbus but at the same time until he can jump to at least a 0.5 ppg guy its hard to make an argument that he is worth his cap hit. If he is looking for a raise ottawa needs to gtfo as fast as humanly possible. If he is willing to sign for 4 million or less then its a different conversation. Even if he is a full time winger for the right price he will add value. If he wants a stupid extension then no thank you.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I'd rather use Logan Brown in a package to get an experienced blueliner. He's not worth a lot on his own but we have other prospects and players that we can package him with.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I'd do this as a lateral move, Tierney for Domi. Wouldn't be interested in having both on the roster though.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
this all depends on what domi wants for an extension so I wouldnt do this until the offseason. His play is rebounding which is great for columbus but at the same time until he can jump to at least a 0.5 ppg guy its hard to make an argument that he is worth his cap hit. If he is looking for a raise ottawa needs to gtfo as fast as humanly possible. If he is willing to sign for 4 million or less then its a different conversation. Even if he is a full time winger for the right price he will add value. If he wants a stupid extension then no thank you.

There is a higher probability that he declares he's pregnant then accept that.

Amongst other things, Bbinz knew that there was no reasoning with him and his salary demands, so out he went. Then he turned around and offered Anderson the money Domi wanted and look at the results.....

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
There is a higher probability that he declares he's pregnant then accept that.

Amongst other things, Bbinz knew that there was no reasoning with him and his salary demands, so out he went. Then he turned around and offered Anderson the money Domi wanted and look at the results.....

I could have sworn thst I remember him being a tough negotiation but I wasn't sure and didn't want it to turn into a mess. If he wants dollars Sens should pass

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Reactions: TheNewEra

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
?
Isn’t this the 1st year of White’s contract? Before he was hurt he was pacing for about 20g and 40pts...while playing less than 15min/average TOI with no PP time.

This is year 2 of White's 6 year, 28.5M extension. Over those 2 seasons he's played 93 games where's he's put up 15 goals and 22 assists which is... not good. He gets plenty of PP time - 1:30 per game this season and 2:10 per game last season - he just isn't productive with it. 45% in the face-off circle. No PK time whatsoever.

I don't know what his role is supposed to be in the NHL. It's an ugly contract.

Reactions: Perennial

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I don't think the Jackets are willing to trade Domi for a reclamation project unless they're going to tear the whole building down.

To be more precise, it's hard to characterize Logan Brown as a "reclamation project" when he's never really been given a fair shot at all.

It's the point of extreme frustration on the part of a significant portion of the Senators fanbase.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad