Value of: Max Domi to Ottawa

Gavin Ray

Jul 10, 2016
Mars
Domi seems to have regressed quite a bit. The sens could use a top 6 forward especially since Stutzle and Batherson don't have a consistent centerman. Tierney isn't cutting it.

Is Logan Brown + SJS 2nd round pick in 2021 enough to acquire Domi?

If Domi can bounce back with a change of scenery, Stutzle - Domi - Batherson could be a solid 1B line.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Yes, he had a hellish start. He's also slooowly getting back to being halfway decent. I don't think he's a "change of scenery" candidate.

I'd be tempted to give that return some consideration, but I'm kind of worried about Brown seemingly not developing as planned and getting injured.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I’m at the point with Brown where I think I’d do this. I don’t see him apart of the Sens plans moving forward and Domi would be a good add.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I don't think the Jackets are willing to trade Domi for a reclamation project unless they're going to tear the whole building down.

Reactions: Viqsi

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
I thought the Sens were really high on Logan Brown?
They were, but he’s stuck in a loop...

1- get injured
2 - play poorly after returning
3 - get some games under him
4 - start playing well
5 - return to #1

With Covid + injuries he’s played 5 games in the last 13 months.

Last edited:

Gavin Ray

Jul 10, 2016
Mars
I am quite high on Brown and I would love to see him center Stutzle and Batherson, but he seems to have fallen out of favor with the coaching staff and I think requested a trade.

I still think he ends up as a 60 point center eventually. I just think it's another Zibanejad situation where it doesn't happen for us

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Domi was nowhere close to his 18-19, 72 point self, during his last year in Montreal. He was even worse in the bubble.

I haven’t watched many Blue Jackets games this year but going off the numbers Domi seems to have regressed even further. Guy’s pacing for just over 30 points in an 82 game schedule.

The 72 point seasons looks like an outlier more than anything. It’s unfortunate because he was electric his first year in MTL.

Reactions: Just Linda

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
I thought the Sens were really high on Logan Brown?

They were, years ago. Coaching staff and management don't seem to want to give certain young players a shot right now. Although its quite possible with the trade deadline coming up players being dealt he gets a chance. That being said, Pinto is also coming into the fold.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Yes, he had a hellish start. He's also slooowly getting back to being halfway decent. I don't think he's a "change of scenery" candidate.

I'd be tempted to give that return some consideration, but I'm kind of worried about Brown seemingly not developing as planned and getting injured.

Did Domi move to the wing or has he stayed at center for you guys?

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Maybe the teams could swap Max Domi for Colin White? Change of scenery for a couple of guys who are struggling to live up to their contracts.

I guess Columbus might not be thrilled with the extra years on White's deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad