Player Discussion Max Domi - The Maximum Dominator (70+ Point) Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
So by this logic, Subban scored 3.68 times more than Weber did last year and that he is scoring 1.67 times more than Weber has since the trade.

That's just silly. In fact, this type of logic is actually detracting from the praise Domi deserves this season.
Raw points should only be used when trolling Leafs fans about Auston Matthews getting an 11.6M deal while never scoring 70 pts in a year.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
So by this logic, Subban scored 3.68 times more than Weber did last year and is scoring 1.67 times more than Weber has since the trade.

That's just silly. In fact, this type of logic is actually detracting from the praise Domi deserves this season.

Not Subban’s fault Weber was injured. Can we really compare last years season between the two players

Weber 0.615 PPG on a Bummed foot
Subban 0.719PPG

Oh wait, one played 26 games, the other 82

Think Nashville got more out of their player than Montreal.

This year, Montreal is getting more out of Domi than Arizona out of Galchenyuk. (Although Chucky been playing great of late)

Jul 6, 2016
Not Subban’s fault Weber was injured. Can we really compare last years season between the two players

Subban 0.719PPG

This year, Montreal is getting more out of Domi than Arizona out of Galchenyuk. (Although Chucky been playing great of late)

Chuckie always plays great when pressure is off.

Reactions: jaffy27

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Another point is, Domi style of play helps the Habs more than Galchenyuk. The Habs already have a player who has great offensive talent but lacks defensive skills in Drouin. We seen the team with both Drouin and Galchenyuk and they just didn't help the team on both sides of the game.

The funny thing is since Drouin as slimmed down for this season, and has shown a real leap forward with his mobility, he has worked hard IMO to better his defensive positioning and effort. Even he brings more than galchenyuk even if one calls their offensive output a wash.

Domi has some decent defense too, which if you compare him to other offensive centres we've had (cough DD cough) is an upgrade even if its just average.

So amazing to see legitimate centre depth, with KK's emergence, Danault's statement season, and the fact that of course Domi loves Montreal. He is like Subban, ready for primetime.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

Subban 0.719PPG

I'm only using your logic.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I’m basing on production.....Galchenyuk unable to stay healthy is not Domi’s problem.

“Point” is (no pun intended :laugh:), Domi is out producing Galchenyuk by a wide margin.

I get what you’re saying, I’ve had this discussion with Runner already. :)

Domi is younger, cheaper, more engaged and more productive and apparently healthier.
I'm totally cool with the way the trade has gone so far. Domi's played really well and I've liked him. You don't need to make this kind of voodoo argument to convince people that it was a good deal for us. All it does it make it look like you need to misrepresent what's going on to justify the deal. These kinds of arguments make your point look weaker, not stronger. Debate people honestly and you'll gain more credibility, not only for your argument but for yourself.

Personally I think this will be one of those rare win/win trades. Domi wasn't doing jack over there either. Chuck's been hurt and that's held him back somewhat but I think he'll bounce back and score some goals. Either way, Chuck was not going to succeed here so anything Domi does is a bonus from that perspective.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Chuckie always plays great when pressure is off.
Right now every game matters and the yotes are hanging tough. And Chucky is playing inspired hockey. Probably their best forward right now.

I still like the trade for the Habs like I said in the summer. Domi is younger and in a better contract situation. Domi will be much better in the playoffs then Alex ever would.

MC94

May 13, 2018
Right now every game matters and the yotes are hanging tough. And Chucky is playing inspired hockey. Probably their best forward right now.

I still like the trade for the Habs like I said in the summer. Domi is younger and in a better contract situation. Domi will be much better in the playoffs then Alex ever would.

I havent been watching his games but in his last 10 games he has been held pointless for 7 of them maybe he is snake bitten I dont know but based on points alone it doesnt appear he is playing very inspiring hockey latley, his points per game has gone up a bit though since his slow start

Last edited:

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I havent been watching his games but in his last 10 games he has been held pointless for 7 of them maybe he is snake bitten I dont know but based on points alone it doesnt appear he is playing very inspiring hockey latley, his points per game has gone up a bit though since his slow start
There's not much for Chucky to be paired with in Arizona. He's got 4 goals and one assist in his last 7 games. He's been really good. Works very hard and plays hard. Not saying he's of Domi caliber but he was hurt in the beginning of the season and now he looks like he's in full form.

Jul 6, 2016
There's not much for Chucky to be paired with in Arizona. He's got 4 goals and one assist in his last 7 games. He's been really good. Works very hard and plays hard. Not saying he's of Domi caliber but he was hurt in the beginning of the season and now he looks like he's in full form.

No pressure = good performances by Galchy.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
The coyotes are in a battle for the 8th seed and Galchy is probably their best player. Domi is better but give credit where it's due and not create a false narrative.

Might have to repeat a third time, since the first one never sunk in either.

Reactions: azcanuck

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I'm totally cool with the way the trade has gone so far. Domi's played really well and I've liked him. You don't need to make this kind of voodoo argument to convince people that it was a good deal for us. All it does it make it look like you need to misrepresent what's going on to justify the deal. These kinds of arguments make your point look weaker, not stronger. Debate people honestly and you'll gain more credibility, not only for your argument but for yourself.

Personally I think this will be one of those rare win/win trades. Domi wasn't doing jack over there either. Chuck's been hurt and that's held him back somewhat but I think he'll bounce back and score some goals. Either way, Chuck was not going to succeed here so anything Domi does is a bonus from that perspective.
Valid point. Both players stunk. Both teams stunk. The trade has been positive for both team and player. "Win win"

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I remember when I watched a video of Domi, this summer, about his summer training. He stated his type 1 diabetes.
He (and/or) his trainer said that he was training to play big minutes and not run out of gas in the 3rd period etc.
I remember thinking "maybe he's not even going to get big minutes".
I mean, everyone was surprised by Domi's production, especially his early goal scoring streak.
His training was perfect after all, he is all over the ice and the guy with the most points on the team.
edit : skip to 1:15

Last edited:
Reactions: cphabs

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Got the big #20

Hopefully he can become a consistent 20-40 player for us...would be nice to even see him shifted to Kotkaniemi's wing if Poehling pans out and is a better fit at center than Domi

Domi - Kotkaniemi - RW
Drouin - Danault - RW
Tatar - Poehling - RW

Jul 6, 2016
Got the big #20

Hopefully he can become a consistent 20-40 player for us...would be nice to even see him shifted to Kotkaniemi's wing if Poehling pans out and is a better fit at center than Domi

Domi - Kotkaniemi - RW
Drouin - Danault - RW
Tatar - Poehling - RW

Actually, a Drouin-KK combo would be better. Domi-Danault, too.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I remember when I watched a video of Domi, this summer, about his summer training. He stated his type 1 diabetes.
He (and/or) his trainer said that he was training to play big minutes and not run out of gas in the 3rd period etc.
I remember thinking "maybe he's not even going to get big minutes".
I mean, everyone was surprised by Domi's production, especially his early goal scoring streak.
His training was perfect after all, he is all over the ice and the guy with the most points on the team.
edit : skip to 1:15

It is called fighting shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->