Player Discussion Max Domi - Overdue Hot Streak

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You mean Phill the thrill? awesome season so far. Probably another nod for the Selke.
I don't even know how you can say that Danaults linemates have been MUCH better than him this season with a straight face. Also Suzuki was far better than Domi when they were together so it's not like Domi got the shaft there.

Reactions: angusyoung

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
How about you tell me if you're another know-it-all who thinks it's "baffling" on how Domi can "suck" when all he has to do to defend well in the NHL against guys like MacKinnon is "backcheck" and "don't get caught out of position". Maybe he should read this forum to get all this great hockey advice from fans who get super touchy when you ask them if they even know how to skate, he would be sure to get that 8x8 contract extension.

I usually don't agree with the "you've never played hockey !!11" arguments people brought up, but I feel yours was both justified and right. You only bring up the level Domi has to defend and, in fact, you'd be right in saying if you've never played you can't really understand the speed these guys at the NHL level can play at.

For example, even lower level players have played against Junior, College or AHL players. These guys are insane. My friend was an NHL draft pick who became a relatively average player in a top NCAA program and his level of play just puts everyone to shame as a low offense player. He realized in his only NHL camp how he wasn't ever going to be an NHLer though, not even a good AHLer.

So, saying these guys just have to defend... If it was that easy, anyone could be a checking line player or bottom pairing D. These players make split second decisions and exploit every single mistake. They're at a level where they base themselves on how each player angles their skates and anticipate what's going to happen. So yeah, it's not that easy and why guys like Danault are so appreciated by coaches.

That said, Domi's been brutal defensively. It's concerning as the player we traded him for was shipped for those very same reasons.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
How about you tell me if you're another know-it-all who thinks it's "baffling" on how Domi can "suck" when all he has to do to defend well in the NHL against guys like MacKinnon is "backcheck" and "don't get caught out of position". Maybe he should read this forum to get all this great hockey advice from fans who get super touchy when you ask them if they even know how to skate, he would be sure to get that 8x8 contract extension.
considering you played the "played hockey" card, pretty obvious who thinks /she/he knows it all.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Let's hope that seeing the guy he was traded for on the 4th line + on the trade block again will act as a motivator tonight. His shooting has taken a big dive since last year, he's barely a threat now.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
considering you played the "played hockey" card, pretty obvious who thinks /she/he knows it all.

Now this is offensive. It is time the members of this board start using more inclusive pronouns. We're in 2019 for Christ/Allah/Buddah/Rael's sake.
Every member should have the pronoun they would like to be identified as under their username and should be identified as such.

Failure to address members with the proper gender sensitive pronoun would result in a 10 day ban.

Vote for they, make them a mod and they will make it happen!
By they, I mean me.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
They aren’t really going to pay this useless turd more than Gallagher are they?

DubDub

Jul 11, 2017
He looks non existent lately.. what's the deal? He reminds me of Drouin last year and the year before trying to dangle between 3 or 4 player's like the junior day's. Something is off!

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Yep, the effort level is just not there. He’s best when playing with an edge, wanting the puck. Instead he’s playing like he’s there to get paid and go home.

Reactions: angusyoung

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
My advice to Max would be to start using his linemates. The points will come, but right now, he's willfully ignoring his partners.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My advice to Max would be to start using his linemates bath salts.

Where's the crazy dude from last season, the one that left tornado-like damage in his trail while continuing to produce offensively?

I don't know what's up with him this season but that spark just ain't there.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
His play is concerning.
The last couple of games he's been a whisper.
Not even the effort has been there.
Around the net he has always had stiff hands.
He's more of a playmaker.
Something is off with this guy. He's in his prime right now.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
His play is concerning.
The last couple of games he's been a whisper.
Not even the effort has been there.
Around the net he has always had stiff hands.
He's more of a playmaker.
Something is off with this guy. He's in his prime right now.

Lack of talent to play with. It will get to pretty much all top 6F talent like Domi. He's got the fuel in the tank but his options are limited due to the wingers he has. Even with Suzuki on his wing, it's not that great cause Suzuki is still young and learning.

He's not a dominate center but I can see why he is a bit frustrated internally. I been in his situation playing hockey before.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Lack of talent to play with. It will get to pretty much all top 6F talent like Domi. He's got the fuel in the tank but his options are limited due to the wingers he has. Even with Suzuki on his wing, it's not that great cause Suzuki is still young and learning.

He's not a dominate center but I can see why he is a bit frustrated internally. I been in his situation playing hockey before.
He's good enough to carry the play. It's not always someone else's fault a player doesnt produce. This is on Max.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He's good enough to carry the play. It's not always someone else's fault a player doesnt produce. This is on Max.

I rather let him be and not jump on his back like our fan base did with Drouin last year. If he had better talent on his wings, I'd be more hard on him. Circumstance matters to me and I can see what he is going through.

He has 2 more RFA years right? Is there any possibility we sign him for 1 year? What is his true value? 60 pts +/-? Is Nylander's contract a fair comparison?

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I rather let him be and not jump on his back like our fan base did with Drouin last year. If he had better talent on his wings, I'd be more hard on him. Circumstance matters to me and I can see what he is going through.

He has 2 more RFA years right? Is there any possibility we sign him for 1 year? What is his true value? 60 pts +/-? Is Nylander's contract a fair comparison?
I think it's okay to be concerned with his drop off. some games I see him just flying all over the place yet nothing really happens. Much like his last year in AZ.
I think 60 plus points is realistic still for max on an average basis. And that's good too.
I'm not soured on the guy.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Now this is offensive. It is time the members of this board start using more inclusive pronouns. We're in 2019 for Christ/Allah/Buddah/Rael's sake.
Every member should have the pronoun they would like to be identified as under their username and should be identified as such.

Failure to address members with the proper gender sensitive pronoun would result in a 10 day ban.

Vote for they, make them a mod and they will make it happen!
By they, I mean me.
Ok boomer

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
What a complete tool, god he sucks out there. All these injuries and is he stepping up? Nope, invisible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad