Player Discussion Max Domi - Overdue Hot Streak

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Guessing you have never played but it's very easy to get confused about your defensive position in hockey. Attackers are constantly trying to confuse & disrupt defenders' positioning. Drag people off their optimal spot to open up some ice for someone else, shift people to suddenly overload a area's coverage, guys sneak into an open spots for quick bang-bang set plays. At the NHL level they have the timing on these plays down to split seconds.

See what else you can guess about my life... love the online people telling others what they did and didn't do.
I never played NHL or anywhere near that level... I suppose you did. I will also suppose that Domi isn't a beer league level so while the attackers are trying to confuse, I trust that he has enough skill and experience not to get easily confused. It's not like him playing center this season (whenver that happen) all of a sudden made him look like Domi of last year. My main knock on him is lack of passion, interest and making dumb plays and not making most basic ones.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I suppose it's his teammates fault that he's got a low hockey IQ and is lazy?

Maybe he'll get lucky, and then anything can happen, right? :sarcasm:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
He's an awful hockey player with a very low hockey IQ. His decision making should have him benched, not promoted. When is the last time you saw him play the body or try to separate a player from the puck? His shot rarely hits the net, he turns it over far too much, and his playmaking on the PP is a joke.

Hope to god they get rid of him.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 6, 2016
Weird seeing both Domi and Galchy struggling badly at the same time.

If Domi is unhappy because he did get a new fat contract, or playing with teamates he doesn't like.... Just trade him. Can we get a good top-four LHD for him ?

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Guessing you have never played but it's very easy to get confused about your defensive position in hockey. Attackers are constantly trying to confuse & disrupt defenders' positioning. Drag people off their optimal spot to open up some ice for someone else, shift people to suddenly overload a area's coverage, guys sneak into an open spots for quick bang-bang set plays. At the NHL level they have the timing on these plays down to split seconds.
and playing 2 positions makes things even more confusing.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

If Domi is unhappy because he did get a new fat contract, or playing with teamates he doesn't like.... Just trade him. Can we get a good top-four LHD for him ?
difference being that since his injury here in MTL, Galchenyuk iss getting worse by the day... it's probably not the only reason but still. Domi is in top shape and havent been injured seriously yet.

perfect example of why "waiting" is a Pejorative Slured strategy.

Galchenyuk looks done at 25/26, Subban at 30 looks done (neck/back injury), Shaw below 30 might be done as well... here in Montreal looks like a future top4 in Juulsen will be lucky to become a somewhat regular NHLer, KK and Poe who's career are just starting got concussed already.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
difference being that since his injury here in MTL, Galchenyuk iss getting worse by the day... it's probably not the only reason but still. Domi is in top shape and havent been injured seriously yet.

perfect example of why "waiting" is a ******ed strategy.

Galchenyuk looks done at 25/26, Subban at 30 looks done (neck/back injury), Shaw below 30 might be done as well... here in Montreal looks like a future top4 in Juulsen will be lucky to become a somewhat regular NHLer, KK and Poe who's career are just starting got concussed already.
I agree with Subban and Galchenyuk being "done". Patch is doing great wit ha good offensive core in Vegas.
Poehling to me is the piece they should trade. He already has a small concussion history and at his age (and his first NHL game) still has some value. KK needs to learn to protect himself. He is really green. Never really left his hometown, was trained and coached by his dad. He is also learning to be an adult in some way.
Shaw was acquired and traded at the right time. Loved the player but his health is at high risk now.
Funny to thing that Weber at 34 has learned to play inside what he still can do and be a top defender on the Habs.
I hope Juulsen stays healthy as he has some potential and some physicality (IIRC). Some, I did not say he's a beast.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
yeah! tell us from your own experience what it's like to be a NHLer...

How about you tell me if you're another know-it-all who thinks it's "baffling" on how Domi can "suck" when all he has to do to defend well in the NHL against guys like MacKinnon is "backcheck" and "don't get caught out of position". Maybe he should read this forum to get all this great hockey advice from fans who get super touchy when you ask them if they even know how to skate, he would be sure to get that 8x8 contract extension.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Better yet,Mantha or PLD.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Man, worse stretch by far and he's at a .5 PPG in November...

A .5 PPG is good enough for first line C in MTL, just ask Phils fans. Why are yall trippin?

You mean Phill the thrill? awesome season so far. Probably another nod for the Selke.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
See what else you can guess about my life... love the online people telling others what they did and didn't do.
I never played NHL or anywhere near that level

Wait, what? You never played hockey at a high level and they still allowed you to post here? How did you ever get through? :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad