Injury Report: Max Domi on IR, out indefinitely after hand surgery

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Domi out the rest of the season after hand surgery.

Uhh, where are you seeing that?

GLENDALE, ARIZONA - Arizona Coyotes General Manager John Chayka announced today that forward Max Domi had successful hand surgery today and will be out of the lineup indefinitely. The Coyotes expect Domi to make a full recovery and to return to the lineup later this season.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
is there any word of just how long he is expected to be out?

Ive heard no specific time frame

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
"Indefinitely" is the only official timeline...

But 6 weeks has been floated around which sounds right to this non-doctor for a hand injury that requires surgery.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
any updates? he was supposed to be reevaluated by a doctor this week.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
any updates? he was supposed to be reevaluated by a doctor this week.

The usual sources haven't had any new info yet about that evaluation. Possible it hasn't happened yet.

Also was thinking about the logjam we'll have when Domi returns. Perlini is playing very well and will probably stay. So you have Crouse and McGinn on the left taking a spot. I suppose McGinn could play the right and they could sit White though.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
The usual sources haven't had any new info yet about that evaluation. Possible it hasn't happened yet.

Also was thinking about the logjam we'll have when Domi returns. Perlini is playing very well and will probably stay. So you have Crouse and McGinn on the left taking a spot. I suppose McGinn could play the right and they could sit White though.

Can't White play Center? He really shouldn't be out of the lineup.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I dunno. A mid-game emergency center replacement is gonna play something like 4-5 minutes at that position by the time the game is done. Don't think it's that important.

And actually I wasn't even thinking of Martinook earlier (who can also fill in at C). Keeping Perlini and Fischer up is gonna be a pain in the butt.

Maybe something unexpected happens like Rieder gets moved at the deadline or whatever.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Maybe something unexpected happens like Rieder gets moved at the deadline or whatever.

the Coyotes are at a point where they should be keeping their best players. If there's an opportunity to trade a LW for an established RW then great. Otherwise you have to pick one of Crouse, Martinook or McGinn to play 4LW and have the other two watch from the press box (once everyone is healthy). Trading away better players for futures can't be an option anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad