Injury Report: Max Domi on IR, out indefinitely after hand surgery

hbk

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Tie never had concussion problems, did he? I know people aren't immune to head injuries but I have to think skull shape, size, and density plays some role, right? If you've got a think skull with little room for the brain to slosh around in, crashing into sidewalls and what not, might you be a tad less likely to get a brain bruise? Maybe his eyebrow is cracked a bit. I just hope his brain is okay.

Tie enjoyed getting punched in the face. So does Max.

My old boss used to know some junior players and was friends with one who dropped mitts with Tie. He said he hit Tie as hard as he has ever hit someone and Tie just smiled at him and proceeded to toss lefts like they were going out of style.

The stat I referred to came from the Ice Guardians documentary. Runs counter to most anti-fighting rhetoric but there were many tough guys who were interviewed who confirmed it. brad May indicated the hardest he had ever been hit was when he accidentally turned into Mats Subdin's shoulder. Heck McGratton says he's only had 3concussions in his 10+ seasons playing. He wasn't alone.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
We're focusing on the head, but he could have broke his hand or something. He was absolutely throwing bombs

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015
I would put money that this injury is a hand injury. My guess would be the thumb. I really hope it's any other finger then a thumb, because a thumb takes so long to heal. If in fact it is a hand injury of course. You don't realize you important your thumbs are until you injure one.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
The way McConnel said, "it'll be a week before he's able to come back" in the pregame made me think concussion protocall.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
They suggested on HNIC as well that it is probably a hand. Surgery may be required.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
The way McConnel said, "it'll be a week before he's able to come back" in the pregame made me think concussion protocall.

IR is minimum 7 days. McConnell was probably referring to that.

Team made the IR retroactive to Thursday's game so the earliest he could come back is next Saturday.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Where are people getting concussion from?! I know it can happen but usually you can see it in a player after they get concussed, nothing about Domi after that fight even remotely resembled that of a player who was concussed.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
But the lottery is reconfigured. No sense in tanking.

There's only three lottery winners, so the worst the 30th team could pick is 4th. This year the difference between 1st pick and 4th pick is less than in most years. There's a group of five or six prospects at the top that aren't separated by much.

Despite that, I agree that there's no sense in tanking. I just have different reasons.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I admire max for fighting bit we can't have our star player missing six weeks, especially in the future

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Really nice opportunity to evaluate Perlini and give him more exposure and development in the big league. Hate that it had to happen this way but I hope the kid makes the best of it and cements himself into a top 6 spot next season.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
It may be a silver lining for the fans too.
Watching the game last night it was interesting to see what the team could do without the Killer D's.
They came through.
I hate to use this saying but its the "next man up" philosophy.
And last night they stepped up.
Im not worried, take your time healing up Max,,,
Next man up? Lets see what you got.
And watching the games now have been so less stressful.

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015
I would put money that this injury is a hand injury. My guess would be the thumb. I really hope it's any other finger then a thumb, because a thumb takes so long to heal. If in fact it is a hand injury of course. You don't realize you important your thumbs are until you injure one.

To bad someone didn't take me up on this bet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->