Injury Report: Max Domi on IR, out indefinitely after hand surgery

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Really, really need an enforcer on this team so Domi doesn't have to fight his own battles.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Really, really need an enforcer on this team so Domi doesn't have to fight his own battles.

Maybe, but on this particular play Domi just needed to not overreact.

John Scott might be available...probably would want a no trade clause.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

We need an all star on this team apart from OEL.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

On a serious note, we need an enforcer to protect our skill guys, like OEL. I'm really tired of seeing him run into the boards. We need a Lucic type player. Maybe Crouse can take lessons on fighting from Ty. Maybe Domi can stop taking lessons on fighting from Ty. All things being equal, size wins.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
It doesn't matter if we have an enforcer or not, Tippet does not like retaliations.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Even beyond what Tip wants, I don't think Domi sticking up for himself/others is something you can coach out of him. It's who he is. Gonna have to take the bad with the good here.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Even beyond what Tip wants, I don't think Domi sticking up for himself/others is something you can coach out of him. It's who he is. Gonna have to take the bad with the good here.

A serious injury like this might cause him to be more prudent.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Well, our race for 30th just got easier.

A broken orbital bone / cheekbone from a fight drastically changed Derek Morris' approach to the game.

Coyotes should trade for McLlrath or Peluso. Let them play some minutes this season. Let the rest of the teams know OEL is not to be picked on.

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
I hope Tipp gives him some **** for this. Stop fighting. Leave that stuff to Ryan White.

I love when our skill players show emotion. I've been getting frustrated seeing Hanzal, Doan, Duclair etc not giving a crap when they get embarrassed on a nightly basis. I don't want to see that edge leave Domi.

Domi isn't fighting Michael Haleys or Adam McQuaids so I don't see an issue. Injuries happen unfortunately.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I just hope it's not a concussion.

I doubt it. There's no way that you can project week to week within 48 hours of a concussion. The headaches might last a day or a week or forever. Just no way of knowing so soon. I think that this is a an orbital fracture.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Sorry to hear he got injured.

If he was a Flame, I wouldn't want him to change his style of play because of this. Players like Domi can really change the game, lead by example etc. when they react like this.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I doubt it. There's no way that you can project week to week within 48 hours of a concussion. The headaches might last a day or a week or forever. Just no way of knowing so soon. I think that this is a an orbital fracture.

A team saying "week to week" means they have no idea on the timetable, which fits with a concussion.

I hope he doesn't change his game as a result, just pick better spots.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Only around 5% of concussions in NHL come from a fight.

Tie never had concussion problems, did he? I know people aren't immune to head injuries but I have to think skull shape, size, and density plays some role, right? If you've got a think skull with little room for the brain to slosh around in, crashing into sidewalls and what not, might you be a tad less likely to get a brain bruise? Maybe his eyebrow is cracked a bit. I just hope his brain is okay.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
A team saying "week to week" means they have no idea on the timetable, which fits with a concussion.

I hope he doesn't change his game as a result, just pick better spots.

I read in a Twitter post that Tippett said that it would be more than one week. I based my post on that tweet. I'll try to chase the tweet down.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Tie never had concussion problems, did he? I know people aren't immune to head injuries but I have to think skull shape, size, and density plays some role, right? If you've got a think skull with little room for the brain to slosh around in, crashing into sidewalls and what not, might you be a tad less likely to get a brain bruise? Maybe his eyebrow is cracked a bit. I just hope his brain is okay.

think I read this in a medical book once...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad