Player Discussion Max Domi - Lookin' Good Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I was skeptical with the move to C...didn't think it would work, and it still may not pan out in the long term, but it's working for now, both for Domi and Drouin. Keep it going.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I picked this off the main board.

Domi has 30 points in his last 28 games going back to his time in Glendale.

So it seems like he finished last season strong, and he just carried the same pace to the habs so far, except he's done it by making the difficult switch from wing to center.
Approaching Galchenyuk's NHL record

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The Domi trade reaction was just another example of the overreacting and hysterical nature of a large group of MTL fans. Just look at last night GDT thread, a total joke. It's almost impossible to have discussion about the team and bring up anything positive without having a large group of the same members go gong show negative.
The negative gong show is on MB...what else can people expect. We have had so little positive come out of the last 4-5 seasons...it's hard to turn that off for most....

That being said, boy is Domi bringing it for the Habs!! This is the makings of a real steal of a deal for MB.

This kid loves playing for the Habs!! Let's hope this play continues.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
The negative gong show is on MB...what else can people expect. We have had so little positive come out of the last 4-5 seasons...it's hard to turn that off for most....

That's just ridiculous, this board has been overwhelmingly negative for at least ten years and probably even more than that. Now it's better because nobody expected the team to be as good as it's been but as soon as expectations rise it'll come back.

Even when they made it to the conference final a few years ago it was a shitshow because being satisfied with that was "embracing mediocrity" or some nonsense like that.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
That's just ridiculous, this board has been overwhelmingly negative for at least ten years and probably even more than that. Now it's better because nobody expected the team to be as good as it's been but as soon as expectations rise it'll come back.

Even when they made it to the conference final a few years ago it was a ****show because being satisfied with that was "embracing mediocrity" or some nonsense like that.

Most internet message boards are negative.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Even when they made it to the conference final a few years ago it was a ****show because being satisfied with that was "embracing mediocrity" or some nonsense like that.
You seem to be negative, about being negative!! lol

Alot of fans on here are used to Stanley Cups......so hence the negative. I have been on the board for a long time, it has just been more negative in recent years because of Bergevin and a clown coach in Therrien, this is when it has reached all time high negativity because they are both awful in their thinking, and performances.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

That being said, boy is Domi bringing it for the Habs!! This is the makings of a real steal of a deal for MB.

This kid loves playing for the Habs!! Let's hope this play continues.

At the World Juniors they were chanting his name. He thinks they were the same fans that go to the Habs games. Maybe they were. Maybe they weren't but it's helping this kid play up to his junior potential.

Reactions: BLONG7

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
I mean, I never really viewed Max as a center in the long term, but he has proven me wrong in almost every way so far, so I'm open to the idea.

If he could cement himself as a good centerman, that would be gigantic for us. Kotkaniemi - Domi - Poehling would be a pretty good center depth a few years from now. Not to mention Olofsson in the pipeline now.

That would take some pressure off of Suzuki as well, who I think is probably better suited on the wing anyway. That isnt a knock at all. We still need top 6 wingers.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I mean, I never really viewed Max as a center in the long term, but he has proven me wrong in almost every way so far, so I'm open to the idea.

If he could cement himself as a good centerman, that would be gigantic for us. Kotkaniemi - Domi - Poehling would be a pretty good center depth a few years from now. Not to mention Olofsson in the pipeline now.

That would take some pressure off of Suzuki as well, who I think is probably better suited on the wing anyway. That isnt a knock at all. We still need top 6 wingers.
eat-crow.jpg

:naughty:

Reactions: LyricalLyricist

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I was really impressed with the Habs pushback after the 1st period in last night's gane. Domi in particular looked very good.

Positive Vibes

im just here to argue
Jun 24, 2016
Depths of Hell
not at all surprised by max's play, he had the skill set to produce at this level he needed the change of scenery and the best case scenario was to go 2 a canadian hockey market where it felt like hockey mattered more and now hes shining and i love it keep it up max!

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Most internet message boards are negative.
I think he meant to say toxic lol.....not that long ago, there wasn’t a thread you could embark in that did t turn into a psychotic burn the witch (a.k.a Bergevin) to the stake type frenzy of insults and mockery of the GM, the coach and some players.

Now some of it was deserved no doubt but it became too much......I find the place a lot more civil now, you can carry actual conversations and respectful debates.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think he meant to say toxic lol.....not that long ago, there wasn’t a thread you could embark in that did t turn into a psychotic burn the witch (a.k.a Bergevin) to the stake type frenzy of insults and mockery of the GM, the coach and some players.

Now some of it was deserved no doubt but it became too much......I find the place a lot more civil now, you can carry actual conversations and respectful debates.

Agreed. Not sure if the Mods focused on it but it's definitely better lately. It's very weird how people sit in front of a computer and act like a bully. Try communicating to people the same way as you would if you were talking to their face. Be respectful and it's OK to have a disagreement but don't flip out if someone don't agree with you.

Reactions: montreal and 417

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I just saw Domi's post NYI game video. The reporters kept asking him about his personal record and he kept changing the conversation to the team win. Refused to talk about his contribution. I wonder what that was about.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I just saw Domi's post NYI game video. The reporters kept asking him about his personal record and he kept changing the conversation to the team win. Refused to talk about his contribution. I wonder what that was about.
Where can that be viewed?

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
How the **** did this guy only score 5 goals on a goalie last year with that shot he possesses? Baffling... Good for us though... :laugh:
He wasn't shooting. I don't know if you saw his dad awhile ago was being interviewed by the Mtl media and he was begging them to tell Max to shoot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad