Player Discussion Max Domi - Lookin' Good Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
It didn't though... The only reason it had such a reaction is the bias on this board.
Ya it was a classic case of perceived value. Galchenyuk had higher perceived value (largely due to playing in a large market rather than a small market like Domi- plus was a higher pick), but at the end of the day, what matters is what the player does on the ice. If this ends up an epic win for Montreal, you can’t not give credit to MB as this trade was the definition of balls.

Jul 6, 2016
Ya it was a classic case of perceived value. Galchenyuk had higher perceived value (largely due to playing in a large market rather than a small market like Domi- plus was a higher pick), but at the end of the day, what matters is what the player does on the ice. If this ends up an epic win for Montreal, you can’t not give credit to MB as this trade was the definition of balls.

Galchenyuk, IF he finally cut the ombilical cord with his father and takes his destiny into his own hands, could finally have the career that was expected from him. Away from Montreal's medias and fans, he should do well too.

But I like Domi's determination and overall game better that Galchy's.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Galchenyuk, IF he finally cut the ombilical cord with his father and takes his destiny into his own hands, could finally have the career that was expected from him. Away from Montreal's medias and fans, he should do well too.

But I like Domi's determination and overall game better that Galchy's.
Galchenyuk simply doesn’t have what’s needed to be better than what he is-which is about a 25/25 type offensive winger who does most of his damage on the PP. He just doesn’t process the game quick enough to be more than that.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He reminds me of a young Gomez. Plays very similarly. Domi is also more of a playmaker like Gomez than a scorer like Cammy.

Yeah the Cammalleri flashbacks are just due to his recent snipes, and I figure will be short term - but they keep coming and haven't stopped just yet!

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I have a suspicion the guy who said Galchenyuk will outproduce Domi in 2 weeks may need more time. I'm not sure how much time has passed since he said that, maybe a week and Domi keeps going.
He's been so good...

The decision to put him at center day 1 of camp, something I never even considered once this offseason, has been a gamechanger.

He looks like a natural center and has filled a HUGE hole for this team moving forward.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He's been so good...

The decision to put him at center day 1 of camp, something I never even considered once this offseason, has been a gamechanger.

He looks like a natural center and has filled a HUGE hole for this team moving forward.

Thank god we don't have to watch Drouin at center again...

Domi looks like a natural center, a natural goal scorer, and is one of the few players in the league that can match Gallagher's intensity. 3 big surprises.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
If he continues at this pace and gets 80+ habs are making the playoffs 100%.

He has so much deception in his game that I think he has a very good chance to continue all season long.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

He has so much deception in his game that I think he has a very good chance to continue all season long.

I really think we will see the same effort each night but men 80 pts is alote

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Based on his play this far, I don't doubt he could come close to, or even eclipse, a ppg pace for the season.

The question mark is how he'll respond emotionally once we pass Christmas and teams start to up the physical game & coaches start getting more and more matchup/shut down focused... How will he respond to having a bullseye on his back & no one in the lineup capable of stepping in???

That's, imo, the biggest risk of detailing his game/production.

Reactions: scrubadam

GallySquared

GoHabsGo
Sep 25, 2010
Canada
AsheyMarahArt.com
As a Type 1 diabetic myself I"ve been following Domi since the World Jrs. LOVE the kid. Really wanted him on the Habs for years, but knew it wasn't happening for nothing. Hated trading Chuck but wanted Domi... and so far, he's been eveything and more.

On another note (diabetes note), i have a new site about Type 1 Diabetes, which could be interesting to some of you, yesicaneatcake.com
check it out.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The Domi at center experiment was a longshot. So far, it's been a roaring success.

Amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Domi's eyebrows are epic.

XPcRGbA.jpg

Only on HF. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Amazing player! I'm loving him! He's going to be a fan favorite along with Gallagher!

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I picked this off the main board.

Domi has 30 points in his last 28 games going back to his time in Glendale.

So it seems like he finished last season strong, and he just carried the same pace to the habs so far, except he's done it by making the difficult switch from wing to center.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
It’s early, don’t be fooled.

I don't know. Look at the first page of the point leaders. Lot of people with crazy numbers right now.
I don't think I can remember the last time seeing so many guys well above a PPG like that. You'd have to think there's more goals being scored.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Is it just me or are point totals up league round. It seems like we're inching back to 80s/early 90s scoring. I mean Domi could score 80 and be like 30th in league scoring

Like LL said, it's early. You often see 1<2 ppg players before around the quarter season mark. Pretty sure we won't have more than 2-3 players with 100 points by season's end, if we do get more than one.

Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Is it just me or are point totals up league round. It seems like we're inching back to 80s/early 90s scoring. I mean Domi could score 80 and be like 30th in league scoring

That's definitely the case early on. But we'll see if it lasts. Often recently, the game has changed due to rule changes, it opens up, but then teams make defensive adjustments, and scoring goes back down.

We'll see how long this scoring spree lasts. If it does, Domi is currently 46th in points per game and thus would project to finish 46th in scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad