Player Discussion Max Domi - Lookin' Good Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Meh, it didn't look great on paper because it seemed pointless to make the trade. At the time many thought Domi would not be a good center, just like Drouin before him.

So on paper it looked like moving chairs on the titanic more than anything else.

Reactions: Redux91

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
So, some people were alarmed based "on paper", and posted extensively embarrassing and ridiculous messages on that trade, but it's the guys who know better that should chill? I don't think you know how that concept works.

why are you looking for conflict :laugh: some people posted embarassing takes in the heat of it it's funny that's all, as long as you don't go and make a list to discredit those people from ever voicing opinions again, who cares really it's a fun goof

chill my duuuude

Reactions: ECWHSWI

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
So, some people were alarmed based "on paper", and posted extensively embarrassing and ridiculous messages on that trade, but it's the guys who know better that should chill? I don't think you know how that concept works.

Youre on point about Galchy/Domi. Its especially easy to hate a trade after a series of awful moves peaked with a player many grew attached to.

But yeah youre right. I do remember some awful takes by yourself way back when you used to post more though. Everyone has them.

I was pissed at the Winger/center move (I wanted Galchy traded for a top 15 pick), but getting a center for someone who was in the dog house is tough to complain about. The way he puts himself in positions to score and uses deception is so much better as well.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Meh, it didn't look great on paper because it seemed pointless to make the trade. At the time many thought Domi would not be a good center, just like Drouin before him.

So on paper it looked like moving chairs on the titanic more than anything else.

I admit that I denigrated Max's goal scoring ability, based on the numbers of the past two years, but possibly because of that and also because I wanted to find SOME way to win the trade, I called for Max to play C for us from the start.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
For me, max domi is a better player than galchenyuk since day one. I watched him with team canada, london knights and he was the best player of his team all the time. In ariZona, he played with average player. So not very to produce. Very happy to see him here. He is a gamebreaker

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
The Domi trade reaction was just another example of the overreacting and hysterical nature of a large group of MTL fans. Just look at last night GDT thread, a total joke. It's almost impossible to have discussion about the team and bring up anything positive without having a large group of the same members go gong show negative.

Last edited:

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I don't know about that...

I too would have liked it if he got more of a shot at center.

But to suggest there was no reasons is not accurate iMO.

For me:

Out of the play offs+Improved 200 foot game by Galchenyuk as stated by CJ +injuries at centre resulting in CJ going so far as to play Byron at centre = No (Good) Reason

I have adjusted it to No (Good) Reason as opposed to No Reason.

Sure enough there was no doubt a reason, I just dont think in the circumstances anything would have been lost.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Bergerien must be so proud or extremely upset. Worst part of this, MB is looking good and has saved his job. We must endure MB for years to come. MB must be thinking how or why.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don't know if it's cause he's a shorter guy wearing 13 or if it's the snipes, but recently he reminds me of Cammallari.

Reactions: Redux91

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I don't know if it's cause he's a shorter guy wearing 13 or if it's the snipes, but recently he reminds me of Cammallari.

For me it was during the buffalo game and those 2 goals is when it hit me lol, very similar looking but max seems to have a bit more pep in his step, where as mike had that great great shot

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
I'm loving this guy, I was totally wrong from the beginning the trade happend. I'm still happy he says he's a die hard habs fan and loving it, I'm thrilled he gets to say and proves it!

Indeed welcome to the show, Domi!

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
To be fair to the people who hated this trade initially (definitely not me), we were trading a potential center while Domi was seen as a winger. Even I didn't think Domi would be playing like a 1C and I was a big fan of the guy.

Also, it's funny to see Tie rocking Habs gear haha and that Maple Leafs reunion at the Bell center with Sundin and co. was cool.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Taking into account that Chucky was injured at the start of this season and thus he has scored only once, Max Domi has nevertheless made Marc Bergevin look like a genius in trading for him.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Dq_bdzTVYAMQcv9.jpg:large

There's something both incredibly strange, and heart warming to the latest development re Tie

Not sure how leafs fan feel about it and we're i in their shoes I don't know how o would feel about it :laugh:

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->