Max Domi is the next Brad Marchand?

Max Domi the next Brad Marchand?

• Total voters

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Brad Marchand put 80 points and more at age 28. Max Domi is talented, intense, grit, like Marchand. Domi can be like Brad Marchand in the futur and put 70-80 points like him? (When Kotkaniemi and Poehling are going to be centers of MTL, Domi is going to play LW).

Max Domi :

20 years old : 82 games, 18 goals, 34 assists, 52 points.
21 years old : 59 games, 9 goals, 29 assists,38 points.
22 years old : 82 games, 9 goals, 36 assists, 45 points.
23 years old : 54 games, 16 goals, 30 assists, 47 points (not finish yet).

Brad Marchand :

21 years old : 20 games, 0 goal, 1 assist, 1 point.
22 years old : 77 games, 21 goals, 20 assists, 41 points.
23 years old : 76 games, 28 goals, 27 assists, 55 points.
24 years old : 45 games, 18 goals, 18 assists, 36 points.
25 years old : 82 games, 25 goals, 28 assists, 53 points.
26 years old : 77 games, 24 goals, 18 assists, 42 points.
27 years old : 77 games, 37 goals, 24 assists, 61 points.
28 years old : 80 games, 39 goals, 46 assists, 85 points.
29 years old : 68 games, 34 goals, 51 assists, 85 points.
30 years old : 52 games, 19 goals, 40 assists, 59 points (not finish yet).

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Perhaps in scoring rate (though I'd like to see a bigger sample size) but Marchand is also a premier defensive winger in the league, does Domi PK and such? Honestly not really sure I haven't got to see much of him.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Perhaps in scoring, although that's incredibly unlikely, but Marchand has always been an analytical God, whereas Domi is very poor analytically (at least this season).

So no.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Domi is having an excellent season in his first year in Montreal, something many of us didn’t expect at the start of the season. Domi is currently on pace for over 70 points and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he went on to reach that number. That being said, players like Brad Marchand don’t come around every day. Despite having comparable offensive numbers at the same stage of their careers, saying that Domi will go on to become one of the best wingers in the league by the time he reaches his mid-to-late twenties is a bit unrealistic. Sure, Domi is being coached by the same guy that coached Marchand for a large portion of his career, but at this point in time, I’d still say the chances of Domi turning into Marchand 2.0 are slim.

With all of the above in mind, Domi is still an excellent player in his own right and will be for a long time. He may share some similar traits to Marchand, namely his ability to agitate while still being an effective all around player. It’ll be interesting to see how Domi’s career continues to progress.

PsYcNeT

The No-Fun Zone
Jan 24, 2007
Domi has to surpass Tkachuk first if that's his career trajectory.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I think Gallagher and Domi are both significantly worse versions of Marchand, but Julien is great at helping these types of players reach their full potential so I'm optimistic

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
I don't really know about comparing him to Marchand, but I think him hitting 80 points in the future is very possible.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Perhaps in scoring, although that's incredibly unlikely, but Marchand has always been an analytical God, whereas Domi is very poor analytically (at least this season).

So no.

It's hard to separate his numbers from Bergeron though. Though they'd likely still be much better than Domi's

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
I dislike Marchand but hes one hell of a player, if Domi can really become as good as him, mtl is lucky to have him on the team.

I personnaly dont think he will be as good in the end.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
I hate Marchant, but admit he is very talented. Domi doesn't have the shot to compare directly with Marchant, but he could definitely be an exceptional, speedy, playmaker with an edge.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I think Gallagher and Domi are both significantly worse versions of Marchand, but Julien is great at helping these types of players reach their full potential so I'm optimistic

Gally is nothing like them. Both are skilled, Gallagher has hands of stone, is not that fast for a small player and is an average passer.

But yeah, Domi, may be a lesser version of Marchand, without the ratness.

Reactions: Bouboumaster

euhchepas

Jan 16, 2015
Perhaps in scoring rate (though I'd like to see a bigger sample size) but Marchand is also a premier defensive winger in the league, does Domi PK and such? Honestly not really sure I haven't got to see much of him.
he probably could but he doesn't. MTL has a lot of very good defensive minded fowards to play on the PK (Danault, Byron, Armia and Lehkonen are getting most of the PK time)

I don't think he's at Marchand level but, he also doesn't play with one of the best centers in the league.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Gally is nothing like them. Both are skilled, Gallagher has hands of stone, is not that fast for a small player and is an average passer.

But yeah, Domi, may be a lesser version of Marchand, without the ratness.

Without the ratness? Questionable lol

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Domi is not a rat. Beside when he jumped Ekblad, I don't remember a "rat" thing he did and even then it's debatable.

One game vs the Bruins this season he just kind of started punching DeBrusk in the face before DeBrusk had his gloves off or knew there was a fight happening, thought that was pretty scummy. Obviously I'm a Bruins fan but I've also thought of him as having a little rat in his game, definitely not a choir boy.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
One game vs the Bruins this season he just kind of started punching DeBrusk in the face before DeBrusk had his gloves off or knew there was a fight happening, thought that was pretty scummy. Obviously I'm a Bruins fan but I've also thought of him as having a little rat in his game, definitely not a choir boy.

He's not a choir boy, far from it.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Nope, unlike Marchand, he'll actually happily fight you, Domi is a real warrior, jelly that he's on the Habs. Hope he's got some bedsheet pics in store for us though ;).

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Domi has to surpass Tkachuk first if that's his career trajectory.

What does Tkachuk have anything to do with this?

Also, Tkachuk is younger, how is the older Domi going to catch and surpass him? By asking Tkachuk to stop growing?

PsYcNeT

The No-Fun Zone
Jan 24, 2007
What does Tkachuk have anything to do with this?

Also, Tkachuk is younger, how is the older Domi going to catch and surpass him? By asking Tkachuk to stop growing?

Tkachuk is the next Marchand, ergo if Domi wishes to be the next Marchand he has to surpass Tkachuk first. Until then, he's Tkachuk-lite

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
I’m not sure if there’s one thing Domi does that’s better than Marchand. Obviously he can (and is) improving, but even if he gets to Marchand’s level offensively, I really doubt he’ll ever be as good a pest or as good defensively.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Marchand saw his points explode when he got PP time and Pastrnak. I don’t think he suddenly got better, he was just coached by Julien who didn’t put him on the PP.

And I don’t mean “he put him on PP2”..I mean he didn’t play on either unit.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Marchand saw his points explode when he got PP time and Pastrnak. I don’t think he suddenly got better, he was just coached by Julien who didn’t put him on the PP.

And I don’t mean “he put him on PP2”..I mean he didn’t play on either unit.

Marchand credits his uptic in production with working with a sports psychologist, changing his diet, and changing his workout regimine. Everything about his game started to change when he focused hard on these three things.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad