Player Discussion: Max Crozier

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
Little known fact, Grozier is a direct descendant of Sol Star, co-founder of the hardware store in Deadwood Montana back in 1878.

sol-star-1307405972.jpg

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Coop:
"(I've liked) everything. He's getting more and more confident the more games he plays. He's got poise. That was a heck of play he made on that goal to to get that by some shin pads. I think we had 23 shots blocked tonight and thank goodness that wasn't one of them. Pointer finishes that off, but I think there's a correlation between the winning we've done lately and some of these new kids on the back end, and he's one of them."

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
He plays a nice, simple game which is a welcome sight after watching most of the defense make idiotic plays for the first half of the season. He and Lilleberg don't look like two guys with combined 13 games in the NHL when they're out on the ice.
For whatever reason about twice per game the look like bambi on the ice. Not sure if its nerves still but never seen so much falling down since Killorn.

Other than that, like their game.

aylib

Mods are lame
Mar 26, 2002
St. Pete, FL
For whatever reason about twice per game the look like bambi on the ice. Not sure if its nerves still but never seen so much falling down since Killorn.

Lilliberg falls at least once per game, not uncommon to see him fall down twice. I’ve never seen anything like that before.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland

Yeah, Lilleberg needs to work on his balance. It's even more important when you're a defenseman.

Reactions: aylib

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
1 assist, 1 fight, 16:26 of ice time tonight

Coop after the game:
"Standing up for himself, and he got up when he had a chance to bail out of that one, and he got up. I think if you really looked at who he was going against, he might have stayed down, but it was a gritty effort for the kid. He's been exceptional for us. He's got a lot of swag, he's a competitor. What we've seen from especially those two defensemen (Lilleberg and Crozier) back there, they don't back down for anything. They're not fazed. Even though they probably would like to take back some of the plays they made in the d-zone, but that happens in this league. It's a humbling league. At times plays are going to end up in your net, but you just learn from it and move on. But you can tell these kids aren't fazed by it. They just go back out and start competing again, no hanging their head, and I love that about those guys."

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Honestly not his best game from the defensive side, let the forecheck get to him and forced him into some errors, but still had his head above water

Reactions: Renopucker

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
I like his game in spite of the two mistakes tonight. I'd like to see this pair stay together even when Cernak and Serge are back, which would mean De Haan and Perbix sit.

Reactions: aylib

aylib

Mods are lame
Mar 26, 2002
St. Pete, FL
He is + 1 to Lilliberg’s -10.
Makes smart, solid plays. I’m both surprised and pleased he plays the least amount of minutes, about 10 per game. I’d think this would allow him to settle in nicely without being rushed. On the other hand- he looks poised, cool, calm and collected, as if he is one of the grizzled veteran dmen and capable of playing more.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

"That kid can turn the page in a hurry. No matter what happens, he just goes out and plays a shift and plays it hard. He competes. I thought our turnaround in the second period, especially that first goal, he had a ton to do with it. He's got a good head for the game and every NHL game he plays, you can see he's getting more confident and more comfortable. He's got fire in the belly. You like those kids that have that."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad