Mauro Icardi vs Paulo Dybala Thread

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Two completely different players...

Icardi is a world class goal scorer, but he's not in that absolute top tier of #9s with guys like Suarez, Lewa, etc. He scores goals for fun but is useless for link up play, pressing, etc. He's not a complete player like many modern #9s and that holds him back to an extent.

I've been a fan of Dybala since his Palermo days. Him and Franco Vazquez were electrifying together and I thought for sure that he'd win a Ballon D'or at some point in his career. Now, I'm not so sure. He still hasn't strung a consistent world class season together with Juve and he's just as likely to be invisible as he is to dominate a game. He was lowkey terrible in the last UCL final as well.

Not going to pick one over the other since it's kind of ridiculous to compare the two.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Not going to pick one over the other since it's kind of ridiculous to compare the two.

Unknown-2.jpeg

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Dybala then. I'll never choose a Merda player.

Haha , I was just kidding. It's pretty evident that the OP has something against Dybala , so I'm not taking this thread overly serious.

I'd take either of them at Roma. Though, neither of them are on Fazio's level.

Reactions: Gecklund

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Haha , I was just kidding. It's pretty evident that the OP has something against Dybala , so I'm not taking this thread overly serious.

I'd take either of them at Roma. Though, neither of them are on Fazio's level.
2003 Cassano was better than both :D

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
As many said, totally different players.

Dybala can be amazing to watch at times, but Icardi has a killer instinct.

If we’re a CL final with 5 minutes left and need a goal to clinch the title, I’d go with Icardi.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
I'm a Inter fan and I've seen Icardi doing absolutely squat countless times. Yes he scores rather regularly (*knock on wood*) but it's exactly the ONLY thing he can do. If the team is just a little bit struggling, he won't create anything by himself and will NOT help in ANY way. I've seen Inter playing 10 men way too many times with him.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'm a Inter fan and I've seen Icardi doing absolutely squat countless times. Yes he scores rather regularly (*knock on wood*) but it's exactly the ONLY thing he can do. If the team is just a little bit struggling, he won't create anything by himself and will NOT help in ANY way. I've seen Inter playing 10 men way too many times with him.

He’s like Lukaku a little bit. He’ll never create his own scoring chances(at least not consistently), but if the team around him is playing well and getting him the ball he can score pretty consistently.

Reactions: Gecklund

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Why can't we have both?
Oh, you can absolutely have both. I consider both players quite talented, but the insane overvaluation of Dybala in the footballing world compared to Icardi is why I made this thread. Not only do I consider Icardi better, but he's up there with Dybala if you consider Paulo the better player. It's quite close between the two.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Wondering why HFboards can love Ronaldo and still think goals aren't that important because someone doesn't bring anything else.
If players score at comparable clips, then bringing something else matters.
Give me Trezeguet over iltord any day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->