Prospect Info: Matvei Guskov, C, 149th Overall

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I actually was looking into Russian more than any other draft I’ve followed since 2010, not because it’s a deep Russian draft- it’s not- but because I thought Fenton would pick a few, and that he has.

I followed this guy on and off. He was on a few do not draft lists for some bad reasons (not character stuff), but many others saw just an inconsistent kid with a very, very high level of talent needing to put it all together playing 3-4th fiddle on his team.

I think we got ourselves a 2-3rd line center project on our hands here. I’m happy! Good size, skill.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Gus was projected to be a steal.

“In the OHL, the obvious one is Matvei Guskov (95, 79, 103), who will be taking on a bigger offensive role for the powerhouse London Knights — a team that produces more NHL talent, under the Hunter brothers, than any other CHL program. Guskov is a good bet to be a top-100 pick.”

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
No big deal. The Wild still have his NHL rights, and no one was expecting that he would be ready for NHL action within the next few years anyways. Let him go back to Russia and see how he develops. Best case scenario, he develops into an NHL-caliber player and the Wild sign him to an entry level contract after his KHL contract expires. Worst case scenario, he doesn't and the Wild don't tender him an offer.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->