Prospect Info: Mattias Norlinder - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Last point you made is the key! It's a rollercoaster ride but the entire season of sample is where it's at and then you do it all over again the next season. Poehling and Brook are good examples. They just got their feet wet in the AHL and now they know what it's all about. Are they hungry to take the next step? We will see how that plays out this next season.

With Norlinder, there are a lot of people saying good things about him. Could be another Beaulieu in the end or he could be a real steal for us in the 3rd round! He's really our only shot at adding a PMD and PPQB in the coming years

Brook and Struble also have the offensive skills to be the PPQB for a top unit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Brook and Struble also have the offensive skills to be the PPQB for a top unit

Not the same as Norlinder's PPQB potential. In terms of PPQB ability, there is a gap between Norlinder and guys like Harris, Brook, Struble, Mete, Fleury, etc. Romanov would be right after Norlinder in that department, not Brook and Struble.

The waive of PPQB potential is like this to me...
- Norlinder
- Romanov
- Harris, Brook, Mete, Guhle
- Juulsen, Struble, Fleury

Reactions: Montreals Forum

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Not the same as Norlinder's PPQB potential. In terms of PPQB ability, there is a gap between Norlinder and guys like Harris, Brook, Struble, Mete, Fleury, etc. Romanov would be right after Norlinder in that department, not Brook and Struble.

- Norlinder
- Romanov
Guhle is probably the furthest thing from a PPQB you can get.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal

- Norlinder
- Romanov
-Norlinder
-Harris, Brook
-Romanov,Mete, Struble, Fleury
-Juulsen, Gulhe

Romanov will be a very good player for the next Habs decade, but i don't see him as a PP QB ; His offensive potential isn't that high

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
-Norlinder
-Harris, Brook
-Romanov,Mete, Struble, Fleury
-Juulsen, Gulhe

Romanov will be a very good player for the next Habs decade, but i don't see him as a PP QB ; His offensive potential isn't that high
I think Romanov's smart enough that he could fill in on the second unit and do fine. His transition game is great and he'd definitely be good on zone entries, plus he has a bit of a howitzer.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think Romanov's smart enough that he could fill in on the second unit and do fine. His transition game is great and he'd definitely be good on zone entries, plus he has a bit of a howitzer.

Agreed. It's guess work but saying Romanov is limited offensively cause he was compared to Emelin on draft day and how he was sheltered in the KHL is ignorance. The kid was a dominate piece both defensively and offensively at back to back WJC. That's not something you throw under the rug cause it's a "small tournament". Scouts watch the U18's and U20's very closely and for good reason. It's the best on best at certain age groups. It provides some future potential value for sure.

Romanov might top out at 20-30 pts or he might put up 40-50. It's guess work but the trends today indicate the kid has game at both ends of the ice. Be picky to the extreme and it's hard to find flaws in his game.

Reactions: HankyZetts

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Agreed. It's guess work but saying Romanov is limited offensively cause he was compared to Emelin on draft day and how he was sheltered in the KHL is ignorance. The kid was a dominate piece both defensively and offensively at back to back WJC. That's not something you throw under the rug cause it's a "small tournament". Scouts watch the U18's and U20's very closely and for good reason. It's the best on best at certain age groups. It provides some future potential value for sure.

Romanov might top out at 20-30 pts or he might put up 40-50. It's guess work but the trends today indicate the kid has game at both ends of the ice. Be picky to the extreme and it's hard to find flaws in his game.
I mean, I don't see him as a dynamic offensive threat, but a reliable passer with a good shot. He's not a big risk-taker, but when the opportunity arises he can finish his shots, and he won't fumble the puck often. Good, crisp, consistent passes.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Romanov/Norlinder has the potential to be our best pairing for a decade

I would have them play PP together but not 5/5. Guhle would be a good with with Norlinder (move Norlinder to RD side) and Romanov fits well with Petry for a few years and then maybe Brook if he turns into who he can be

With Weber gone in 3 years (Edmundson around for one more year... maybe)
Romanov / Petry
Guhle / Norlinder
Harris / Edmundson
* Brook, Fleury, Struble, Mete, Juulsen

With Weber, Petry, Chiarot, Edmundson gone in 5 years (Guess work)
Romanov / Brook
Guhle / Norlinder
Struble / Harris
* Fleury, Mete, Juulsen

If we don't draft any RD's... we are going to have lots of Left handed shot guys. Nice options with Romanov, Brook, Harris, Norlinder who all can play RD though

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Could be a subluxation. The contact looked harmless, but it doesn’t take much if the arm is outstretched and the shoulder muscle isn’t braced for impact. Hurts like a SOB when it happens but doesn’t usually take long to heal.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Ok sure? but..

They STILL hit harder in the NHL lol..is the point

Frailty wont really get you too far
every players feels pain here and there in their career . That doesn't mean that they are frailty and that goes also for Norlinder . Next 2 years is plenty of time to developed his body and i think that he said that he was already at 190 pounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->