Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Concrete compliments:
- hard worker
- rink rat
- very determined
- quiet, humble, but with a confidence within him that you see comes out on the ice. Humbleness shows when ramage talks to him and he says he needs to get stronger and improve.

Less concrete compliments:
- fun to watch
- excited about him

Last edited:

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
Regarding the WJC, no matter what role he played, the fact he made it onto that team is a testament to how good he is.

The reason I say that is because the rest of Sweden's D at last year's WJC were Soderstrom, Sandin, Broberg, Lundkvist, Bjornfot, and Gustafsson.

Every single one of those guys have been part of the national program for years at younger levels (U16, U17 & U18). Norlinder was never part of the national program. He never played at any international level. It's very rare for a kid to make the national team for the WJC, the biggest youth tournament in the world, without having any previous international experience.

That alone says a lot about Norlinder and how much he's progressed and an indication of the developmental path he's on.
Being a top6/7 dman on a WJC roster in any "hockey country" is an achievement in itself, even if your 20y/old you're still one of your country's U-20 dman, there is 7d's chosen for most teams in the tourny, except russians that usually play 5 man units, been a few years since I've really followed cause work night schedule... hard to find any negative in his skillset really, great shot/hands/skating, let's give him a couple years and see what happens

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

yeah if he's actively trying to improve his D game at the expense of some offense for the time being, that's fine with me. If that is the truth of the matter. The skill is undeniable. I feel it's high enough to translate. As antsy as I am about seeing some points, I'm not TOO worried. His shot, hands, and skating are too good.

Prioritizing 'weaknesses' in your game is what you want to see.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
179lbs is part worries me. Small he needs to be real good or not much of a player. If he is above average offensively doubt he is even average. If 40 points rather have a 30 point Chiarot or Edmundson.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Will Norlinder be over here another year?

He's signed for this year and next year with Frolunda.

just listened to Bexell on tsn, around the 15:30 mark,

Bexell: Believe Norlinder will be a star

he said that since he's not a 1st round draft pick he has to make the Habs out of camp or if not he has to be loaned back to Frolunda. So they would need to keep that in mind when making a decision to sign him, because if they do sign him and he doesn't make the team he goes back to Frolunda and of course that means he counts against the 50 contract limit. Not terrible as they did it with Engqvist but something to consider.

Then he made a good point about when does the '21-'22 NHL season start? So if you think about it, the '20-'21 season could end in July but when would camp be as the SHL would be in camp in August to start mid Sept most likely. Bexelll talked about Collberg and how it impacted him when he came over but went back.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
179lbs is part worries me. Small he needs to be real good or not much of a player. If he is above average offensively doubt he is even average. If 40 points rather have a 30 point Chiarot or Edmundson.
I’m more intrigued as to whether he has a strong capacity to learn and develop a high hockey IQ, that will overcome any physical stature issues

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
wow do I ever want Ronnberg and Naslund with the Habs lol. Talk about cerebral and saying ALL the right things.

It sounds like all in all he's doing quite well over there. I do want points but it really sounds like he's working on the right things over there. I'm willing to be patient.

they do say some good things in regards to coaching and what you would want coaches to think and do for young players. Plus Frolunda has been among the best teams in the SHL these past few years so he's good for the youth and his teams win.

As for the points, before his picked up his 3rd point, Frolunda's PP was deal last in the league. I'm not saying he can only get points on the PP but that's where you would expect him to excel. They picked up a couple PP goals so I guess they are no longer dead last but while the offense has picked up, I hope it's only a matter of time before he can be a little better in production as I never expected him to be a ppg player or close to it. Overall though as someone that's watched a good bit of him between last year and so far this one, I am very happy with his play and more importantly his progression.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
they do say some good things in regards to coaching and what you would want coaches to think and do for young players. Plus Frolunda has been among the best teams in the SHL these past few years so he's good for the youth and his teams win.

As for the points, before his picked up his 3rd point, Frolunda's PP was deal last in the league. I'm not saying he can only get points on the PP but that's where you would expect him to excel. They picked up a couple PP goals so I guess they are no longer dead last but while the offense has picked up, I hope it's only a matter of time before he can be a little better in production as I never expected him to be a ppg player or close to it. Overall though as someone that's watched a good bit of him between last year and so far this one, I am very happy with his play and more importantly his progression.

Yeah I can understand wanting more production from Norlinder and KK but acting like points are EVERYTHING is silly. They've both made gains in areas they REALLY needed too. That's huge for me. Just frustrating to see people just going on points and ignoring the other areas. There's just never any nuance lol.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yeah I can understand wanting more production from Norlinder and KK but acting like points are EVERYTHING is silly. They've both made gains in areas they REALLY needed too. That's huge for me. Just frustrating to see people just going on points and ignoring the other areas. There's just never any nuance lol.

for sure, and we can understand why fans want to see better production but seeing 20 year olds that are likely a huge part of any future success for this club, seeing them improve on their biggest weaknesses is great to see. But it's all about how much each and any prospect continues to progress, so what they are doing in small samples good or bad aren't important, we need to see how they look from the start of the year to the end and repeat that each year.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
there's an article about him in Lapresse and Norlinder told them that he was now at 5'11" and 192 pounds.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
What this kid has is great instincts for the game. His defensive game is his strong point and he can build his offensive game from this platform.
I have no doubt he will be a star for us in the future.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
for sure, and we can understand why fans want to see better production but seeing 20 year olds that are likely a huge part of any future success for this club, seeing them improve on their biggest weaknesses is great to see. But it's all about how much each and any prospect continues to progress, so what they are doing in small samples good or bad aren't important, we need to see how they look from the start of the year to the end and repeat that each year.

Last point you made is the key! It's a rollercoaster ride but the entire season of sample is where it's at and then you do it all over again the next season. Poehling and Brook are good examples. They just got their feet wet in the AHL and now they know what it's all about. Are they hungry to take the next step? We will see how that plays out this next season.

With Norlinder, there are a lot of people saying good things about him. Could be another Beaulieu in the end or he could be a real steal for us in the 3rd round! He's really our only shot at adding a PMD and PPQB in the coming years

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What this kid has is great instincts for the game. His defensive game is his strong point and he can build his offensive game from this platform.
I have no doubt he will be a star for us in the future.

his defensive game is his weak point, his offensive game is his bread and butter. He's on the PP but never plays the PK for a reason.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
his defensive game is his weak point, his offensive game is his bread and butter. He's on the PP but never plays the PK for a reason.

Without Weber in 3 years.... That looks very good to me if they reach their potential.

Romanov / Petry
Edmundson / Norlinder
Guhle /

Harris, Brook, Struble, Fleury, Mete, Juulsen

Reactions: Habs4Life
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->