Mattias* Ekholm

CH

Jul 30, 2003
Visit site
In the All Star Game, the Central Division will have 2 defencemen and 7 forwards. This is guaranteed because there are 6 forwards and 2 defencemen right now and the last man ballot in the Central Division has only forwards. I argue that Ekholm is the defenceman who is missing out since there will not be three defencemen.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Ekholm's a prick

One of the many faux tough guys that exist in this NHL.

With that said, I was hoping Montreal could trade the 8th overall (or whatever Sergachev was) for him and pair him with Subban.

Obviously didn't happen. Not terrible value at the time, but not really a reason for Nashville to do it, unless there was a player there they really liked.

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
A leader on and of the ice. Talks/speak a lot despite beeing a Swede. Severely underrated. Better d than Lindholm in Anaheim. And better at defence than the likes of Klingberg and OEL.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Damn! That is saying a lot. Subban and Josi aren't your run of the mill D's exactly. Where would you rank him league wide?
Top 10 easily. He is a very good 2way dman. Subban and Josi are probably overrated because they are more known for their offense.
Most people here dont appreciate players like Ekholm because he isnt flashy. But he is damn good.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Been saying this for the past two years. He’s awesome. No defenseman I’d rather have if I wanna shut a game down than him.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Top 10 easily. He is a very good 2way dman. Subban and Josi are probably overrated because they are more known for their offense.
Most people here dont appreciate players like Ekholm because he isnt flashy. But he is damn good.
Who would you compare him to stylistically?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Under-rated for sure..........Nashville's D has the best top 4 guys in the league. Ekholm now getting points makes this D even better, if that was possible. Kudos to their scouts for finding this guy. Was he a 1st rounder? Curious.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Damn! That is saying a lot. Subban and Josi aren't your run of the mill D's exactly. Where would you rank him league wide?
Yeah, there's no question Ekholm has been best this season. But that's a season where Subban had a terrible start and has been injured basically all year and Josi is... well he's not playing effective D and despite good points totals is really not always making the best choices with the puck either, which is normally his forte. So I don't know that it's fair to say "Ekholm is the best D on Nashville"... he has been the best in this half-season so far. But normally he'd be behind Subban and Josi if they were playing at their best.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Yeah, there's no question Ekholm has been best this season. But that's a season where Subban had a terrible start and has been injured basically all year and Josi is... well he's not playing effective D and despite good points totals is really not always making the best choices with the puck either, which is normally his forte. So I don't know that it's fair to say "Ekholm is the best D on Nashville"... he has been the best in this half-season so far. But normally he'd be behind Subban and Josi if they were playing at their best.
He has been their best dman for quite awhile. I think you are assessing Subban and Josi on offensive production. Neither of them are even close to Ekholm defensively.

Reactions: preds1

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Who would you compare him to stylistically?
I know you didn’t ask me but he’s a slightly worse less risktaking version of what I imagine Rasmus Dahlin will be in his prime.

Seriously hard to come up with a comparison for Ekholm that works.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
Under-rated for sure..........Nashville's D has the best top 4 guys in the league. Ekholm now getting points makes this D even better, if that was possible. Kudos to their scouts for finding this guy. Was he a 1st rounder? Curious.
4th round pick, quite an amazing one.

Reactions: BLONG7

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
I know you didn’t ask me but he’s a slightly worse less risktaking version of what I imagine Rasmus Dahlin will be in his prime.

.. does he have a weakness? To me that says he basically has it all.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014

For me he feels like a mix of Hedman and another old Nashville player, S Weber.

Either way he is underrated and has been for a couple of years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->