Post-Game Talk: Matthews with a 4pt night and the Oiler win 7-1

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
What the Flames think they are:

What the Flames actually are:
UnfinishedFreshEuropeanpolecat-size_restricted.gif

Putting it all on his back because his teammates don't have his.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Worst telecast ever lol.

Louis Debrusk must have been drunk all night.

"Oilers have won 11 out of their last 9 games"

"If flames score here its another moral victory" (its 7-1)

"This game kind of over" (its 7-1)

That was just Debrusk. Singh needs to never be part of another Oilers telecast after this one. He was emphasizing every Calgary chance, practically yawning when the Oilers have a chance. Half the time the Oilers had the puck he's still talking about the great Calgary defending in a 7-1 loss and that the Oilers were lucky to win.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I knew Hrudey was going to bring up the Flames 9-1 loss to Pittsburgh a couple years ago as a turning point and how the Flames can galvanize behind this loss and turn their season around.

Flamers are so predictable.

I wouldn't mind if "they galvanize" off this game. Means they can stay a Pansy fake tough crap team for longer.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
so uh, awesome game. Calgary was never in it. Their 1 goal was questionable on a viable 50/50 call. Pathetic game from them, awesome game from us. Kosko played awesome. McDavid was great, Drai was trash and still got 3 points. Depth players scored again.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Koski was really great and on the whole game, our goalie combo has wind in their sails right now!

McD is just a revelation to watch when hes on his game!

Just spank the Nucks 2 times and the laughs 3 times(in regulation) and we are the new rulers in North!

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
33:38 for Nurse.
What scares me is that Nurse is finally playing very well and is becoming a legit good top pairing D....just in time for UFA....This reminds me a lot of the Petro situation in STL. He was 'OKAY' with flashes of brilliance and regular slumps, finally plays some Norris caliber hockey in his contract year and then wants waaaay too much, money, term and NMC. Blues were smart to just let him walk and replace him with Krug. I hope Holland is prepared to make the same tough choices with Nurse, no reason to overpay him when there is a large potential for a relapse into the Nurse we've been bitching about for years.

jeblers

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Could you imagine what the whole hockey world would say if McDavid got hurt in the 3rd in a blowout like this? I don't mind Tippett giving McDavid the 3rd off, it is just not worth the risk. We already lost Kokkoek & Yams this game.

Reactions: OnTheBrink

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad