Matthews vs Barkov vs Draisaitl

Who will have a better season and who do you take going forward?

• Total voters

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
I am shocked Barkov is winning this.

In my opinion he has fallen a bit behind Matthews and Drai. His defensive advantage isn't a reality at the moment.
Barkov has quickly gone from most underrated player in the NHL, to one of the more overrated players in the NHL, and is purely riding that underrated "hype train" right now. He is clearly behind both Drai and Matthews.

keglu

Jul 11, 2014

In my opinion he has fallen a bit behind Matthews and Drai. His defensive advantage isn't a reality at the moment.

It's poll from start of the season. In new poll Draisaitl would obviously win.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

The majority of the votes were from the beginning of the year though, where he was coming off a 96 point season, and wasn't as far removed from his defensive numbers being better. I think he's also played through an injury most of this year. I do think he got overrated though.

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
Yep voting blindly for what's on the front of the jersey and not what's on the back.

Reactions: Coffey

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
I’m not resorting to anything. It’s one of many things I have brought up in my posts. However I think we both know it’s valid anyway. Drai would not put up the same numbers without McDavid, and since it looks like they aren’t playing together this year, then it’s reasonable to expect drai will regress production wise. Which is the point of this thread, by the way.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Barkov is clearly the most complete star player here. Matthews is the best binge goal scorer by a margin and Draisaitl will probably continue to lap the field in total point generation.

Any team that has any of these guys should be happy about it.

Reactions: Lambo

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
I realize that. However you can see exactly who voted for each player and a lot of non Leafs fans voted for Barkov instead of Draisaitl.

WHO CARES. The dude was laughing at the leafs fans comments on here that you can go back and read. It doesn't change that leafs fans were crapping all over Drai because non-leaf fans voted for Barkov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad