Confirmed with Link: Matthews to miss all star game. Dealing with a minor wrist injury

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
It's not a completely fake injury. He's shown up at events with a wrist brace. It's likely just a minor thing that could do with some extra rest.
i dont remember what game was it when someone hit his hand really hard... it was a few weeks back and i remember the commentators going on about that it was a hard/nasty slash

Reactions: OddyOh

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Tkachuk is a very good player who doesn't get enough love, so don't mind the choice. The reaction to Nylander going among a certain part of the Leafs fan base would have been hilarious though.

To think the Oilers could have drafted Tkachuk instead of Pool-party...Tkachuk would be amazing on McDavid's wing!

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
Its absolutely crazy he has been scoring like this with a wrist thats not 100%

Hes 2nd only to Ovie as the league's best goalscorer.
He leads the NHL by a wide margin in goals/60 since he entered the league... he is the most efficient goal scorer in the league, arguably already the best.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Screenshot_20200125-091603.png

This made me LOL.

Reactions: OddyOh and Hamurai

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
He leads the NHL by a wide margin in goals/60 since he entered the league... he is the most efficient goal scorer in the league, arguably already the best.

Ovi has won 6 of the last 7 rocket Richard's. You know, the award for the leagues best goal scorer?

There is no argument for auston being the best goal scorer.

Last edited:

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Ovi has won 6 of the last 7 rocket Richard's. You know, the award for the leagues best goal scorer?

The rocket is not an award for "the league's best goal scorer". It is an award for the player with the most raw goals in that season.

There is actually a very strong argument for Matthews being the best goal scorer.

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I’m sure there are people on here who will be using this at every turn to wash away his faults.

Legs not moving? Injured wrist
Bad defensive turnover? Injured wrist

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Its an interesting argument over semantics of it all

Id agree one can easily argue Matthews is the leagues most efficient goal scoree.Though obviously raw totals Ovie has led the league for so long i dont mind giving him the edge for "best".

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
In 2018 when Tampa Bay hosted the All Star Game they already had Stamkos, Hedman and Vasilevskiy represnting them. However when Hedman got hurt he was replaced by Brayden Point. So I don't think Marner winning the last man in vote would have mattered, unless Nylander or Tavares were asked and they said no.

Uh the difference Toronto wasn’t holding the event.

Keith Tkachuk said on the radio Friday, he got a call from the NHL that a player was dropping out, and that maybe Brady would be asked to join. He said kept his mouth shut for a few hours until they called back and said he was in. Then informed his wife. Brady was in Bahamas at the time.

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix

Well Matthews has only been in the league for 4 of those, and over that span had higher goals/game, higher goals/60 and higher 5v5 goals/60. He leads the league in those categories over that timeframe, by a wide margin. Had Matthews remained healthy the past 2 years the end results would have been different. There is definitely an argument to be made.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->