Matthews & Tavares vs Stamkos & Kucherov

TML vs TBL

• Total voters

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Matthews & Tavares.

I prefer Tavares to Stamkos.

I think that Kucherov vs Matthews is almost a coinflip right now with Matthews most likely being better going forward and playing the more important position.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Matthews > Kucherov
Tavares > Stamkos (at least post Stamkos injuries)

Tampa has better D, and maybe better goaltending, though.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Hard to vote against Stamkos-Kucherov after the year they had but if I were the Leafs I'd definitely hold onto Matthews-Tavares. I'm sure Tampa fans would say they'd stick with their guys too

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Matthews & Tavares.

I prefer Tavares to Stamkos.

I think that Kucherov vs Matthews is almost a coinflip right now with Matthews most likely being better going forward and playing the more important position.
Huge Mathews fan but this is not a coin flip.

Kucherov
Matthews
Stamkos/Tavares

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
For now:

Kucherov>=Matthews
Stamkos=Tavares

Moving forward:

Kucherov<Matthews
Stamkos=Tavares

Leafs duo

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Yeah, and those aren’t actually our 2 best players. They are # 2 and 4.
For all of the times they are compared, I don't think Tampa and Toronto are really built the same way. Yes, they have multiple top-end forwards, but while the balance of the Leafs forwards are better, and the Tampa D is very f***ing scary.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
2 elite centers vs an elite center and an elite winger?

Not a hard choice. Anyone with a brain takes the pair of elite #1C's.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
For all of the times they are compared, I don't think Tampa and Toronto are really built the same way. Yes, they have multiple top-end forwards, but while the balance of the Leafs forwards are better, and the Tampa D is very ****ing scary.
Tampa bay has the edge in wingers and defense. Toronto has the edge in centers goaltending and coaching. Overall I think tampa is better, no slight against Toronto tho.

Reactions: 99664987

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Tavares and Stamkos are pretty much a wash, though I would take Tavares these days, and while I would consider Kucherov better than Matthews now, it's closer than their overall points suggest and I think Matthews will be equally good or better soon. Given that, Matthews's age, and the fact the Leafs duo are both centers makes me take them. The Lightning duo will likely be 3-4 million cheaper though

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Tavares and Stamkos are pretty much a wash, though I would take Tavares these days, and while I would consider Kucherov better than Matthews now, it's closer than their overall points suggest and I think Matthews will be equally good or betterI soon. Given that, Matthews's age, and the fact the Leafs duo are both centers makes me take them. The Lightning duo will likely be 3-4 million cheaper though
I know that last season Kucherov had a better season than Matthews, although there was also the factor of Matthews missing 20 games. However during Matthews rookie season he and Kucherov were both tied for 2nd in the NHL with 40 goals, so I think that's something a lot of people forget.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I know that last season Kucherov had a better season than Matthews, although there was also the factor of Matthews missing 20 games. However during Matthews rookie season he and Kucherov were both tied for 2nd in the NHL with 40 goals, so I think that's something a lot of people forget.

But Kucherov missed 8 games that year and also had 16 more assists

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad