Matthews, Rielly, Hyman or Tavares will be..

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I literally don't care.

I kinda hope it's Matthews because I already have the 'C' on my jersey with his name on it.
Well, that was jumping the gun.

Do you have his Phoenix jersey ready with the C on it too, just in case? ;)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Well, that was jumping the gun.

Do you have his Phoenix jersey ready with the C on it too, just in case? ;)

Yes.

And I had a generic jersey with Houston across the front similar to the Rangers jersey, to prepare for when Matthews and the Coyotes move to Houston ;)

Reactions: Al14

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Rielly or Matthews

personal preference is Rielly - reasons:

• Rielly is the longest serving compared to other options
  • Rielly is awesome both on and off-ice; a thorough professional
  • Rielly has been saying all the right things - even when asked about his personal production he said he doesn't care and it is a team production and it is the team that matters
  • Giving Matthews/Tavares/Marner the captaincy would rub the other guys in the wrong way IMO; by making Rielly the captain would handles these things

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Replace Hyman with Marner (or add Marner to the list). There will be a captain eventually...maybe. :sarcasm:

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I think Marner would be an excellent and worthy captain. He bleeds blue and white
Sure but there are others who are equally excellent and worthy. My guess is that the leadership exhibited in the playoffs will be the deciding factor over who will get the C.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
AUSTON MATTHEWS

he’s the reason we are where we are. Tavares doesn’t sign if we don’t have Matthews.

He completely changed the direction of the franchise

Reactions: Al14

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
Matthews, Rielly, Hyman or Tavares...

big-bird-sesame-street-one-of-these-things-is-not-like-the-other.gif

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Hopefully someone chosen soon.

For my own selfish reasons though. Don't want to buy a jersey until it has a nice big C on it.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Hyman already gets H-Y-M-A-N on his back...another letter would be one too many.

Rielly gets the Norris and the "C".

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Next Captain of the Leafs and why? It’s Rielly for me. Becoming more self evident. Articulate, top D, true blue, leads by example, no double talk and genuine nice guy.
It's Rielly.

By all accounts, he's the man in the room. He's the guy everyone loves, respects, hangs out with and has temperment to go with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->