Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
Nate Dogg everyday

Rantanen, Makar...the points will just keep coming for the next decade

Reactions: RonTextall

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Unless your pool counts hype and internet threads I’m not sure what metric would steer you towards Mathews.

goleafsgo1990

Feb 7, 2012
You take the deal and run and be thankful you're a pool with an idiot that would make an offer like that.

Here's the real question: Why did you not click accept right away? Why are you here asking?

Lol really though. Mack is almost a guaranteed 100 point player if things go smoothly whereas Matthews has yet to even crack 80 points. This guy must not follow hockey.

Reactions: Maximus

Saucecheese92

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly surprised by alot of the responses here. Yes Mack is definitely the better player right now, however Matthews is 2 years younger and this is a keeper league where most of my core is under 23/24. I live in Toronto (not a leafs fan) so I see Matthews play every night, and the guy is nasty with arguably the best shot in the league. I made the deal, obv want to have one of the best players in the game...only thing holding Matthews back is his consistency and putting it together every game.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Honestly surprised by alot of the responses here. Yes Mack is definitely the better player right now, however Matthews is 2 years younger and this is a keeper league where most of my core is under 23/24. I live in Toronto (not a leafs fan) so I see Matthews play every night, and the guy is nasty with arguably the best shot in the league. I made the deal, obv want to have one of the best players in the game...only thing holding Matthews back is his consistency and putting it together every game.

But Matthews isn't even close to MacKinnon in terms of talent and production. Even if he does get more consistent and "puts it together" what are you seeing that makes you think he's suddenly going to eclipse MacKinnon? Is consistency making him nowhere close to as good as MacKinnon when it comes to playmaking? Is "putting together" the reason that he doesn't go out and dominate game in and game out like MacKinnon does? He's not on the same level of player.

Matthews is an elite triggerman with a world class shot. MacKinnon is an all around point producer who is the best player on the ice every shift he takes who can hurt the opposition offensively in a number of ways. This isn't close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->