Matthews named an All Star yet again!

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I've long moved on from caring who goes to the All Star Game. The fewer guys going the better. More important to use that mandatory break to rest up than waste time at a pointless event. We know that Andersen and Rielly should be there. But we also know this isn't about sending the best players. This is about marketing and creating hype in the home city for the event. So you need someone from every team to get some people to bother watching it.

Matthews is just the guy who has to go.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Agreed Rielly is in top 5 of D scoring but apparently not an allstar so stupid. Matthews gets the nod based on his 2 injury stints being the reason his numbers are a bit off. But the Rielly snub is garbage...he is beating out guys like Weber, Karlsson and the list goes on. Oh well we know how good he is

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
the every team gets a player thing really cheapens this event, not saying more leafs should be in but some players should not be in thats for sure

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Not big on the ASG, but I'm sure it's quite the honour for Auston, and it's well deserved!

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Mike Green only has about 10 pts over his last 30 games....he is in over Rielly. thanks NHL!
no problem sending 4 lightning players to boost ticket sales though!

Those lightning players deserve to be there.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
really wish matthews wasn't going but whatever.
congrats on the honour.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
I understand why they had the team reps when there was full all star teams for east and west.

But now that they've cut the size of the team's down so much, it's such a bullshit rule.

Mike Green shouldn't be there over Morgan Rielly and Price shouldn't be there over Andy.

Anyway, nice that Matthews is there. But that was always a lock. He's one of those players that will never miss the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad